PDA

View Full Version : dammit!

skalywags
01-22-2005, 06:34 PM
If people quit jacking with me and things quit breaking maybe I'll get to do something to my truck.
First some guy hits me, the first of 6 + his to get damaged and doesn't have enough insurance. So I am out my deductible, which would have been my new cat back setup from terry. Still have to get that settled.
Then the dirt bike breaks three different major parts in about three weeks.
Now some jackass(es) just tried to break into my truck. have to get the lock and doorhandle fixed. probably not expensive, but a new door handle, paint, and lock (can I get one, or do i have to replace them all, now to have one key. i guess it may not matter a key has never been in there anyway).

Silver_2000
01-22-2005, 07:06 PM
If people quit jacking with me and things quot breaking maybe I'll get to do something to my truck.
First some guy hits me, teh fist of 6 + his to get damaged and doesn't have enough insurance. So I am out my deductible, which would have been my new cat back setup from terry. Still have to get the settled.
Then the dirt bike breaks three different major parts in about three weeks.
Now some jackass(es) just tried to break into my truck. have to get the lock and doorhandle fixed. probably not expensive, but a new door handle, paint, and lock (can I get one, or do i have to replace them all, now to have one key. i guess it may not matter a key has never been in there anyway).

Call fordpartsonline - they will sell the handles ( prepainted ) and the locks keyed to your key - they are in sherman so the stuff will be here quick

Look in the recommended forum for the name of the airbrish guy - he does good work - if you need paint

Doug

skalywags
01-23-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks! looked at it again, they got both doors, and scratched teh left one pretty good, besides messing up bothe handles and locks.

Silver_2000
01-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Well mine got hit the same way a few weeks ago

2 handles and keyed locks was like $200 and the paint work was another $200

Those are guesses might be $50 either way ...

My site SVTLIGHTNINGS.COM has a how to on the keypad instal (http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how-to/keypad/keypad_install.htm)l that shows you how to install the handles or you can have Terry do it ...

Getting your hands in the door panel and twisting the handle around is not easy and you have to be careful the lock hardware doesnt scratch the outside of the door while you are twisting it and hooking everything up ...

Doug

skalywags
01-24-2005, 12:10 AM
thanks! I will probably be calling Terry. I'll wait until I get my new inside handle, too. i didn't realize it but our aluminum looking door handles are just plactic with aluminum tape. Mine started peeling at the seam. Ford is replacing under warranty. Since I have to do the new outside handles, I guess I'll have the new inside handle installed. Money would have been better spent on the bling bling exhaust, or e-fan.

wesman
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Sue his a$$, he owes you, regardless of what insurance is covering.

--wes