PDA

View Full Version : Where to get MP3's?

L8 APEX
01-30-2005, 02:30 AM
I got a $100 portable MP3 thingy from Creative it looks like a memory stick. What are the current hot spots where you can get free music without going to jail or getting a virus? Sounds like trying to get a free piece of booty doesn't it:rolleyes:

tliss
01-30-2005, 10:23 AM
I got a $100 portable MP3 thingy from Creative it looks like a memory stick. What are the current hot spots where you can get free music without going to jail or getting a virus? Sounds like trying to get a free piece of booty doesn't it:rolleyes:

I don't have an MP3 player, but I do some home video editing and use MP3s for background music. If you have a "jukebox"-type program (MusicMatch Jukebox is an example) on your computer you should be able to pull music right off of your CDs. Just a thought.

I think kazaa.com is pretty open, too. Don't know much about it though.

Tom

00Bolt
01-30-2005, 10:24 AM
go to download.com and then they have a few.... i use BearShare occasionally

Nuhklz
01-30-2005, 10:40 AM

Free music is a thing of the past. Can you say Napster?

jcblack
01-30-2005, 11:35 AM
limewire.com is the place to go. No pop ups and lots of complete, good quality songs.

Showtime
01-30-2005, 01:36 PM

skalywags
01-30-2005, 07:50 PM
I've been using Ares, and I also copied my cd's down using musicmatch. Create them as MP3.
I have downloaded at least 1000 songs off Ares over the last 6 months. All free.

Silver_2000
01-30-2005, 07:57 PM
the ONLY legal music you get as an MP3 is music you purchased and ripped to MP3 yourself - even that is subject to interpretation by big brother

there are a few musicians that have poted part of thier catalog online - those would be the only exceptions

Be very careful with ANY file sharing software. They are full of viruses and many of the songs are spiked versions uploaded by the publishers to discourage people.

Nothing here is illegal or questionable BUT ...

Please keep the detailed discussion of this off line

Thanks

Doug