PDA

View Full Version : Well I just about give up!

George G.
08-28-2002, 04:29 PM
I was involved in a minor fender bender over the weekend. This magnificant 88 Plymouth Reliant clipped my rear bumper as she ran her red light at an intersection. Now I already had guardrail enhanced front and rear bumpers(my fault) but this takes the cake. I can't even lower my tail gate down and she actually did some damage to the bed by the tail light.:flaming: What next...truck gonna catch fire?! I swear, this is:bs . Hopefully the insurance procedure won't take too long. If all goes well, I'll get a new, freshly painted step bumper(which will be 4 sale) and my whole right side bed repainted and a new Lightning sticker.:tu:

It's almost too embarrasing(sp) to drive this heap! I came upon a Gen2 this morning in Arlington and was almost too shameful to return the :tu: I hope I don't have to drive like this for too long.

andy_cain
08-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Look at the bright side...at least YOU don't have the 88 Plymouth Reliant:p

99WhiteBeast
08-28-2002, 05:26 PM
George,
Sorry to hear about you mis-fortune. Maybe you'll get your guardrail enhanced bumpers fixed for free;)

Crawford
08-28-2002, 05:49 PM
Dude, that sucks. Keep your chin up. I have been in your shoes before as I am sure most of the other members have also. ;)

George G.
08-28-2002, 06:10 PM
I hear ya'll! Damage came to $873 bucks, so hopefully they'll just pay up. The only concern is that the ins. company said that since a police report wasn't filed, if the other person claims to be not at fault, it'll be that much more difficult for them to pay the claim. I have a witness but it would cost me more up front to take it to court. Oh well, just gotta think positive for now. I doubt I'll be at the next meeting unless my heap is fixed. Maybe if I take the Rodeo, I can just blend in with the line up:d

jmlay
08-28-2002, 08:59 PM
You can file a police report yourself. Just go to the station in the city that the accident happened and pick one up, fill it out and return. Might need to ask if there is a time limit to file one though, since it was just this past weekend it should not be a problem.

Also it is not the police dept that decides who is at fault, unless they witnessed the accident. The report is just to state the facts. The two ins. companies will decide who is at fault.

I know there a couple of law enforcement officers here, maybe they will comment.

Mike

George G.
08-30-2002, 03:33 PM
My truck's gonna get fixed! I just called the ins. company and confirmed that the other driver admitted to hitting my truck. I should have a claim form next week and just mail back the estimate with a photo, then wait for the check. What a relief! Although I doubt I'll make it to the next meeting. Now for my next question...

Which do ya'll think looks better...
a) tube bumper
b) step bumper
c) roll pan with hidden hitch

99WhiteBeast
08-30-2002, 03:39 PM
I've always liked the tube bumpers on the Gen 1.
A hiiden hitch with roll pan would look real clean though.

KJ94GT
08-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Stang460,
Don't feel bad bro. Some tardo rearended me on 635 as I was stopped and he was doing 35MPH in a Honda. Needless to say, my bumper was scratched with a small dent, and his Honda is totalled :D
I have been so embarrassed driving the truck with the scratches...:(