PDA

View Full Version : Showfest 2005

SILVER2000SVT
02-17-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.showfest.com/

I don't know how many of you have heard of this show but this is one of the most awesome custom truck shows in the country. It's not quite as many trucks as Heatwave but it's getting closer every year. The little write up on this website but this doesn't do it justice. The real fun is the evenings when everybody comes out and line the streets and cruise all night, girls going wild and just a general good time and street party a mile or two long.

Greenville, MS is actually my hometown and lived there all my life until I moved out to Texas 5 years ago. But I still try and go back every spring for this show. I don't go to enter my truck, I usually go just to party. There's also a 1/4 mile track right beside grounds of the show. My best times have been on this track. I brought one of my buddies two years ago, he was skeptical at first about a show in Mississippi but, he still talks about the good time we had to this day. I took my girlfriend last year, she's not really into cars but she told me she had a blast "to her surprise".

This being year number 10 there's rumors of some really awesome stuff above and beyond the past years. I usually end up staying with grandparents or at a buddies house when I go, but if anybody wants to go you better get your hotel a.s.a.p.

BTW, It's about a 6 hour drive, Shreveport is the halfway point.