PDA

View Full Version : Thieiving related

L8 APEX
03-01-2005, 01:58 AM
I found the pic I was looking for on a previous stealing related post. ATV's are notoriously stolen items. This is where I had to run into Home Depot real quick one time. I back up to the concrete pole base so they can't just back up and load it to their truck. Brian uses fancy club style locks to lock his to the trailer. I figured I would post the pic for anyone who may benefit from it. I know they can still pick it up over the side and many other ways to steal it. But life is just taking reasonable deturrents against crime.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15CIMG1838-med.JPG

Wht95Lightning
03-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the tip. Using the environment to your advantage. :beer:

00Bolt
03-01-2005, 08:55 AM
if they want it, consider it gone... my bike was in my garaged, pinned in the corner with my truck and steering wheel locked.... they broke into house in garage, and somehow got it out without even a scratch on my truck :confused:

L8 APEX
03-01-2005, 10:52 AM
if they want it, consider it gone... my bike was in my garaged, pinned in the corner with my truck and steering wheel locked.... they broke into house in garage, and somehow got it out without even a scratch on my truck :confused:
That is becuase it was your sister's friends and they had openers/keys etc. They already got the jacket and helmet and wanted the bike to make a matching set. Thieving by friends/aquaintances is another subject. DOn't let your little sister invite strange thugs into your house for a party.:hammer:

jim woods
03-01-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't know anything about Bolts situation,but I can agree that MOST theft is done by a friend,friends friend,acquaintances,friends acquaintances etc.I not saying your buddy will rip you off.But in the food chain someone will steal from you that has probably been in contact with you in some way or knew you threw someone else.I had more items stolen from me from a person who I knew in some fashion. I only been a victim of theft one time from a complete stranger. :mad:

PoorSvtman
03-01-2005, 08:04 PM
my coworkers cousin is a roofer. He went to home depot to get a few supplies. He had 2 ladders, wood, shingles on the flat bed of his work truck. Came out and the ladders were gone, few weeks later, same home depot he saw his ladder in the back of another truck. Had his name engraved on it so he proceeded to take it. Just so happend the guy came out at the same time bitching. Friend just said im taking back my later your borrow, if you got a problem we can call the cops or settle it another way. Theif didnt say squat.

TP Derrick D
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't know much about "motor scooters" but after this post last night I was trying to find something to watch after I got off work and ran across 2 Wheel Tuesday and they had a guy on there with a hidden face that was suppose to be a motorcycle thief. He was saying all the hot spots to get them such as apartment complexes,even gated ones,the races because people are so caught up in the track they don't pay attention to whats happening outside.They got tools to pick locks and cut wire locking devices, roll them up a ramp into the back of a van and roll out. Said the place he won't bother with is in garages and homes because its too much trouble and he don't want to get shot. When he said that I thought of Scott. Oh yeah he also said his fee is a flat $100 per 100 for the size bike.. $600 for a 600, $700 for a 700 etc ,but $1000 I believe for the R designation & $1500 for a Hayabusa

L8 APEX
03-03-2005, 01:14 AM
I saw that too! He said apt complexes and race tracks were the best and he never went in a garage in fear of being shot for 600 bucks.

00Bolt
03-03-2005, 06:37 AM
:flaming: wish i would have heard those bastards in my garage and i would have shot their arses... but for some reason I never heard a sound and im not a sound sleeper, i usually wake up from a pin drop.... but who knows.... only the big man upstairs knows the whole picture... maybe the next day I would have taken it out and got killer... maybe its for the best.... but every month on the 15th when I write that check for $201 i wish i could find the thug that did it.... :flaming:

jim woods
03-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Scott, did you not have enough insurance to cover the theft? or no insurance? Just don't forget to claim the lost on your income tax return.

L8 APEX
03-03-2005, 10:17 AM
I can't tell you how many friends got bad credit after having a financed bike stolen and no insurance. They all quit paying as they had to buy another ride and couldn't give away the money for not. There are a few finance companies like GreenTree where if you finance less than 5K you can carry liability only. This is because comprehensive is so high on these wheels o' death. When I was 18 and bought my first 900RR Dairyland quoted me 18K per year if they would even cover me! Basically they said 18yr old riders live about 3 months on 900's. They wouldn't insure anyone under 25 on a bike larger than 600cc's. That is why the 600cc class bike is so popular is insurance costs. But who can ride a 600 and call himself a man:rll: .

L8 APEX
03-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Here is a pic of my old Erion Racing 96' 900RR. D&D carbon fiber high pipe, Dynojet kit. It was my first street bike ever my dad had to pick it up for me and take it to a empty parking lot. I learned to ride behind an old KMart in Irving. Those were the best days of my life with that machine and college. Most days I only went to class so I could ride the curves on the way and pick up chicks on campus. I topped it out a time or two it was mechanically limited at 168 which was 6th gear at 11,600rpm rev limit by computer. It was 12,400 in every gear but 6th:hammer: . I hated that Shoei RF700 helmet it tried to rip our head off over 140. I upgraded to a $500 Arai and never been so pleased with a product in my life!

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15CIMG2261.JPG

00Bolt
03-03-2005, 11:09 AM
my loan company said anything under $10k only need liability... so it was bad judgement on my part. I was paying $201/month on the bike, but insurance was around 250 for full coverage... so i decided to do liability for like 500/year... o well, we live and we learn

i agree that the 600s are indeed the "baby" but a new 600cc sport bike is prolly just as fast if not faster than the 900s were back in the day... when my bike is paid off, im getting a new R1

here was my baby... i had full Akrapovic exhaust, sprokets (would pop a wheelie SOOO easy, custom MP3 player, custom painted (more yellow than black), and lots of CF stuff.... i loved that thing :(

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/5783372-4884-75454.jpg

jim woods
03-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Terry, back in 1996-97 did you ever go to the street races?All of the bikes used to meet up at the Whatbuger on Loop 12 across the street from Sams Club.I think they still do.If you did you will probably remember me and my bike.
It was a super trick GSXR 750 with complete polish frame,wheels, and a show stopping paint job.The paint would blow your mind if you ever saw it in person back in 1996.Sorry for the poor pic.Did not have digi cams back then so I had to scan a flim picture.

L8 APEX
03-04-2005, 03:25 AM
Yeah I rode with the Wataburger crowd religiously. I use to ride Whataburger races until 3-4AM, then get up and to Legacy park by noon for the all day rides out of Legacy. My favorite part was smoking the Irving PoPo's when we set 161? on fire headed over to Post and Paddock and Matlock to drag. Irving would bump you with their cars if they could catch up:eek2: they hit a friend of mine. When you are in a group of bikes burning it up there is a whole lot of disorder going around:D . I was out at Post and Paddock one night when a black Porshe 911 S4 pulled up and wanted to run the baddest bike there. He lined up with a Gixr750, CBR 900, ZX-11, and he LEFT them all the way down the road!! That car spooled his turbos and sat it on kill with the all wheel drive. It was insane to see the Porshe launch. But after a few guys from Whataburger died doing the crazy stuff I backed off a little. Everyone knew my 900 becuase I built the signals into the shark gills on the rear end. Not just a cheezy relocation of the stock lamp. There is no replacement for displacement Scott. All bike are fast but the big bores pull harder all the way through. I like being able to run low rpm and not have it wrapped out to get around.

00Bolt
03-04-2005, 06:20 AM
can we please stop the bike talk... its jonesin for a bike REAL bad

jim woods
03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Terry I am sure that I had to know you back then.Do you remember this bike.I rode this bike back then to.

L8 APEX
03-04-2005, 10:24 PM
There were quite a few colorful bikes back then. I use to hang with the guys that rode CMRA.

True Blue Aggie
03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
When I was in college, I used to come to Dallas with a friend of mine to get out of town. First thing we did when we got into town....go to Whatburger for the street races.

I remember thinking that you fools were some crazy mudderphuckers...who knew that I was so right???

Terry, btw, where did you go to school at?

L8 APEX
03-04-2005, 10:41 PM
North Lake in Irving, craptacular at best. I'll post a pic of my ID sometime:eek2: