PDA

View Full Version : TALON Group Photo, Edition 3

tliss
05-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Since the other thread was a little old, I have decided to start a fresh one now that I am ready to start planning. It sounds like there is quite a bit of interest in doing this again, so let's make it happen. First, I am going to need your help on a few things, so please post up suggestions or PM me:

1) We need a location where we can do this. Qualifications on the location include 1) enough room for 60-70+ trucks, 2) a tall platform or building (free of charge) to take the pictures from and 3) a decent backdrop. If you have a venue suggestion, please post pics of the proposed location, including view from potential picture-taking spot.

2) Weekend on which to do this. Sunday seems to be the best day for everyone, so we will plan on doing it on a Sunday. Only requirement I have here is enough time to plan the event, and we need to give everybody enough time to fit it in their schedules (meaning this Sunday is probably out of the question).

3) I need at least 4-5 volunteers to help with the planning and organization on the day of the event. We need to coordinate how we are going to set up the pic, and on the day of the event we will need to coordinate the parking of the trucks with the photographer on site. I know of a few people that will pitch in, but if you want to get involved please let me know.

4) Based on the venue we select, we will need someplace to strap on the feedbag and drink some beer after the pics are taken. If you have a venue suggestion, suggest a place where we can eat afterward. Only requirement is that the food is decent, the beer is cold, and they can accommodate 70 or more people at one time. A cafeteria where everybody pays up front would be best...I sure as hell am not buying for everyone!

Post up! What will happen is the best possible venues and dates will be considered and posted in the supporting members forum for vote. The vote of the supporting members will determine the final spot and date.

Tom

Silver_2000
05-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Tom

Thanks for taking the lead on this - You organized a great event the past few years and Im looking forward to another.

Let me know how I can help

Doug

Here is last years for inspiration

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6029/1talon-logo-2-DSC01801.jpg

You can even see my shadow in the lower right corner... :tongue:

blueoval01
05-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Ahhhh, that pic brings back some awesome memories ..... :tu:
I'll be glad to help. :D

Stinkbug
05-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Doug, can we still get prints of the previous years photos?

tliss
05-06-2005, 08:54 PM
For a bunch of guys that want to take another group pic, you sure don't have very many suggestions on when or where...WTF :confused: :confused: ? If you want this to happen make some effort and show a little passion...

Tom

PoorSvtman
05-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Im in, but have no idea... Ive been keeping my eyes open...

StormShadow
05-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Same here but I have no clue where we could go.

my2002lightning
05-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Tom,

I can't think of any venues off-hand or have access to them. I remember Shiner1 and DamonH had some TX. stadium hookups. Maybe they'll postup.

As far as schedule, Sat. would be better, but if it has to be a Sun. the earlier the better like noonish would be best for me if I'm going to be out of town.

Worst case if I'm out of town, I'll have Elaine drive the L over for the shoot. :)

BC Lightning
05-08-2005, 10:29 PM
I would say a venue like Texas Stadium or even the Ameriquest Field or the AA center. I know Mark Cuban answers emails sent to him from the mavs site, so maybe if he could get something like exposure out of it then he might do it. These are three very recogizable venues of Dallas, but I know they might not be realistic.

StormShadow
05-08-2005, 10:52 PM
How about something in the west end or deep ellum? Any places of recognition there? Billy Bobs maybe? Think about what all they show on TV everytime there is a game in Dallas. They show the statue of the bulls in downtown, the west end, Southfork Ranch....etc We need something that identifies itself with Dallas Texas like the reunion tower or something.

TP Derrick D
05-09-2005, 10:40 PM
TOM,
You know I'm in for the planning committee just like last year . :tu:

TP Derrick D
05-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Tom

Thanks for taking the lead on this - You organized a great event the past few years and Im looking forward to another.

Let me know how I can help

Doug

Here is last years for inspiration

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6029/1talon-logo-2-DSC01801.jpg

You can even see my shadow in the lower right corner... :tongue:
I still have the head count sheet from last year,I think I'll look and see who's still around and who's gone. 1st row,4th from left.

ghostt
05-09-2005, 10:52 PM
ok this shows my age but what about south folk, i still get people who ask if its really like that when i travel and they found out im from texas.

tliss
05-11-2005, 10:05 AM
I have sent an e-mail to Mark Cuban on the AAC and am considering a few other venues that are positively "Dallas" that we may need some permission to use. I'll keep you posted.

Tom

tliss
05-11-2005, 03:50 PM
I have sent an e-mail to Mark Cuban on the AAC and am considering a few other venues that are positively "Dallas" that we may need some permission to use. I'll keep you posted.

Tom

Got a response back from Mark Cuban. Got to talk to the AAC. Keep you posted there.

Tom

PUMP
05-11-2005, 03:52 PM
How about a shopping center lot. I think I can get OK to use Town East Mall on a Sunday morning, with access to roof of mall for taking the photo

Tex Arcana
05-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Maybe we can get this location:

http://viral-humanity.info/gallery/albums/SVTPerformance-Photoshoot/SVTP_panoramic_1.sized.jpg

Guy with the Bullitt works there (the Fossil building in Richardson), and he was on top of the building taking the group pic.

Wht95Lightning
05-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Got a response back from Mark Cuban. Got to talk to the AAC. Keep you posted there.

Tom

Cuban wrote you back personally? :eek:

tliss
05-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Cuban wrote you back personally? :eek:

Definitely was not a form letter, that's for sure. Whether or not it was Cuban or an admin is up in the air, though. Was not very formal either.

Tom

Sixpipes
05-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Was not very formal either.

Tom

Sounds like Cuban.........................

True Blue Aggie
05-12-2005, 12:17 PM
I say we offer to be the official trucks of the Dallas Mavericks. We could be the rides for the players, during the championship parade through downtown Dallas....

And since it was my idea, I'm first in line...:rll: :evil

Mark #2
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
Sounds like Cuban.........................

I e-mail Cuban occasionally about DLP and I believe that he is the one replying, very, very non formal.

tliss
05-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey fellars....I got a response back from TMS and it is promising...only thing is the weekends are booked and they are offering a weekday, if we can do it. This may cause attendance to suffer considerably, but I thought I'd ask. I'll get more info, but it looks like TMS will let us do this if we want to do it on a weekday.

Lemme know. I'll keep you posted on the type of pic we might be able to get.

Tom

Mark #2
05-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm in for a long lunch or evening photo shoot.

Tex Arcana
05-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey fellars....I got a response back from TMS and it is promising...only thing is the weekends are booked and they are offering a weekday, if we can do it. This may cause attendance to suffer considerably, but I thought I'd ask. I'll get more info, but it looks like TMS will let us do this if we want to do it on a weekday.

Lemme know. I'll keep you posted on the type of pic we might be able to get.

Tom

It'll depend on where they let you take the shot from, and where we can stage the trucks. At the SCCA A-X, one end of the roadcourse parking lot was empty enough, and sectioned-off, from the SCCA crowd to allow a photoshoot to happen, depending on where the photographer was setup.