PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying Tomorrow

Mark #2
06-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I picked up 6 free tickets for qualifying. 5 are unclaimed.

I plan to get there around 4:00pm tomorrow, call me or post if you don't have my cell if you want a ticket.

Mark

True Blue Aggie
06-08-2005, 06:25 PM
I'll take two. Are you at the house right now?

Silver_2000
06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
save one for me ....

Sixpipes
06-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Looks like I'll be in Oklahoma and not back in time to catch qualifying. :mad:

True Blue Aggie
06-08-2005, 08:48 PM
You have to stop letting work get in the way of having fun.......:beer:

skalywags
06-08-2005, 11:11 PM
anyone going to the race? I'll be going. It's possible I may end up with an extra ticket, but won't know until Friday evening.

Mark #2
06-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Okay, I got home a little early today and watched ESPN for the past hour. The "word" Danica was mentioned in excess of 50 times(I quit counting).

Open my new Autoweek, guess what??

Let me predict that in the future when something is blown completely out of proportion that it will be called Danica'd.

Mark

Silver_2000
06-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Okay, I got home a little early today and watched ESPN for the past hour. The "word" Danica was mentioned in excess of 50 times(I quit counting).

Open my new Autoweek, guess what??

Let me predict that in the future when something is blown completely out of proportion that it will be called Danica'd.

Mark

LOL

She out qualified all but 2 and she beat everyone else on her team ....
And shes better looking than the 2 that were faster .... :evil

dboat
06-11-2005, 03:53 AM
LOL

She out qualified all but 2 and she beat everyone else on her team ....
And shes better looking than the 2 that were faster .... :evil

and the rest that werent. :evil

I plan on watching the race tonight and the main reason is to see how she does. Hey, I am a sucker for the hype on this one, but the racing series has got to be the happiest of all, at least it will get their ratings up. ( and a pup tent for some of the guys out there too) :evil

Silver_2000
06-11-2005, 09:12 AM
The qualifying stands were pretty full for qualifying - funny thing was watchinh people leave right after she finished qualifying....

Mark #2
06-11-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty impressed with ESPN's coverage of the race tonight. The side by side on commercials is a nice feature. This race is always cool.

True Blue Aggie
06-11-2005, 08:26 PM
So far, so slow....

Too many laps have been run under yellow. TMS needs to get on the ball and get the track cleared faster.

Mark #2
06-11-2005, 08:38 PM
So far, so slow....

Too many laps have been run under yellow. TMS needs to get on the ball and get the track cleared faster.

Yeah, I wish we would have a long green so they could lap Danica.
Let me say again, ESPN is doing an excellent job on calling this race, with the pit reports, no commercial interuptions, and the split screen stuff during the race when they are not in commercial.

dboat
06-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm pretty impressed with ESPN's coverage of the race tonight. The side by side on commercials is a nice feature. This race is always cool.

Agreed, some of the best race coverage I have seen out there. Speed is good at covering F1. At least they dont insult your intelligence.
Dana

dboat
06-12-2005, 04:20 AM
So far, so slow....

Good observation and I hadnt really put it all together on this facet of the race. :tu: If you watch F1, the rate at which wrecks or stalled cars are cleared is much faster. The drivers also know to get their disabled car out of the way too. The big difference is that with F1, there are run off areas with gravel in them to bring the car to a halt pretty quickly and they are strategically located. Hard to do that on an oval. But on the other side, they also have numerous cranes and wrecker type vehicles with cranes on them to quickly get a car off of the track. Then they get the track cleared quickly and push on. Not realizing the one of the reasons that I like F1 is that the safety car (pace car) is rarely brought out and when it happens it usually isnt for long. Or when there is an accident and a yellow area occurs, it doesnt seem to last long or affect racing much. Lastly, I have a HUGE appreciation for the fact that no matter the weather, they RACE. I have seen them race in such huge downpours that any other racing series would have called it off. I would like to see CrashCar do that one.
Dana