PDA

View Full Version : Debating on mod. your stock L. ?

Beaudee
06-15-2005, 07:48 AM
Anyone debating on mod. their L.? I just had mine done and wouldn't have it any other way!I had a #4 lwr. , filter, tune,plugs.Wow what a diff.The blower sounds like a piglet gettin whipped!!!The shift adj. of 1% is nice to.The idle jumped up a bit but seems to be settling down.Just wanted to say thanks to Terry for hooking me up.For those who are debating on mods, forget it , its like a whole new ride!! You will love it! :tu:

00Bolt
06-15-2005, 08:16 AM
hahaha, i dont think there are any stock Ls left out there... you were the one and only :rll:

just kiddin bro, congrats!!! and enjoy :beer:

Beaudee
06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
hahaha, i dont think there are any stock Ls left out there... you were the one and only :rll:

just kiddin bro, congrats!!! and enjoy :beer: Yaaa! i'm sure there isn't any on this site,but needed some kind of thread to Thank Terry!! :beer: :tu:

StormShadow
06-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Another cherry gets popped!

Lyfisin
06-15-2005, 09:05 AM
It really is a huge difference. Just wait till fall when the temps cool off. :burnout:

It's even better.

Silver_2000
06-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Anyone debating on mod. their L.? I just had mine done and wouldn't have it any other way!I had a #4 lwr. , filter, tune,plugs.Wow what a diff.The blower sounds like a piglet gettin whipped!!!The shift adj. of 1% is nice to.The idle jumped up a bit but seems to be settling down.Just wanted to say thanks to Terry for hooking me up.For those who are debating on mods, forget it , its like a whole new ride!! You will love it! :tu:

NEVER !!
Stock is BEST :evil :evil

Beaudee
06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
NEVER !!
Stock is BEST :evil :evil
We need a chicken on our little cartoon characters!My fav. is this guy :nana2 It was nice to see Terrys shop, and the blown motors in the back.Funny i noticed the two trucks with blown motors were RED.Must be personality thing.The only thing i dont like about the L. motor is the rods. :bs I saw some nice steel rods going into one of those red L.. :tu:

Beaudee
06-15-2005, 09:45 AM
I think anyone with a distorted L. rod from their motor should mail it back to ford eng.. :D You would be suprised of the results,thats what we do where i work when something is not up to par!!!

L8 APEX
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
I think Ford would be proud their stock rod held up to 530hp and 692ft lbs.

Beaudee
06-15-2005, 10:05 AM
I think Ford would be proud their stock rod held up to 530hp and 692ft lbs.
Any good design is 110% of rated load :D

Beaudee
06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
I think Ford would be proud their stock rod held up to 530hp and 692ft lbs. Terry, i got to know what did those bent rods fail @.I did a bunch of R+D work and one time an engineer wanted to know what his design failed @ after i delibertly failed his chit. :D I guarentee ford would like to talk to you if you sent them one of those bow an arrows. :eek2:

Cammin4V
06-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Mine is stock performance wise, other than a bassani catback. :( Damn college and not having a job that i can work enough at. :mad:

Beaudee
06-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Mine is stock performance wise, other than a bassani catback. :( Damn college and not having a job that i can work enough at. :mad:
College is the best thing you could be doing!When i was in college it was peanut butter sandwiches and a honda cb750f supersport motorcycle.Took 10 years to pay off my school loan.Just remember college and or job changes will always have some pain but its worth it in the end!!! :tu:

my2002lightning
06-15-2005, 06:22 PM
What Beau said. Don't get discouraged w/college and the current living situation.

It's CERTAINLY worth it when it's all over. Trust me. :)

Oh, btw... define "stock". :D

Cammin4V
06-15-2005, 08:47 PM
What Beau said. Don't get discouraged w/college and the current living situation.

It's CERTAINLY worth it when it's all over. Trust me. :)

Oh, btw... define "stock". :D
Oh trust me, i am in no way discouraged. Especially with the life im living, being able to have a Lightning, go to a very good school, have a nice house, and have the complete support of the family. I almost feel like i dont deserve to have everything i do sometimes.

It's just not easy reading all these forums about all the new mod's that yall do, and the way some of your trucks look. :beer: Maybe its more jealousy than anything?

Either way, i have a year left at TCU, then its debating on whether or not to go to Physical Therapy school for another 3+ years.

BC Lightning
06-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Either way, i have a year left at TCU, then its debating on whether or not to go to Physical Therapy school for another 3+ years.

It's not the things you do in life you regret the most, it's the things you don't do :tu:

Tex Arcana
06-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm stock 'cept for the cat-back, tho I just got my FRPP lowering kit today, and should be getting my sway bar any day now, so that "stock" thing is about to go out the window.

Next?? Prob'ly a 4#, or a brake kit.

Beaudee
06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm stock 'cept for the cat-back, tho I just got my FRPP lowering kit today, and should be getting my sway bar any day now, so that "stock" thing is about to go out the window.

Next?? Prob'ly a 4#, or a brake kit.
With the 4# i deff. need some better brakes or a parachute. :d What a diff. the mods made woooo hoooo! :tu:

Beaudee
06-16-2005, 05:14 PM
You should do the filter and pulley.I punched my truck doing a flyby on a friend @ work and he said the blower sounded like a police siren!He was driven a dodge hemi too!!He begged me for a ride and when we got back from lunch he said he was gona throw stones @ his truck! :tu:

kirkmears
06-17-2005, 11:34 AM
mine's stock except for the slotted/drilled rotors & HPS pads, but for the most part, she's a virgin.:(

once i get it paid off, i doubt the motor will last a month before being violated in every manner.