PDA

View Full Version : TALON Group Photo Edition 3 8/27/05 @ Texas Motor Speedway

tliss
06-15-2005, 03:59 PM
OK folks, we have settled on a date for the group pic. We will have the group pic on Saturday, 8/27/05, at Texas Motor Speedway. Here is the schedule of events:

4:00pm - start gathering and organizing in the infield
5:00pm - start setting up on the track
~6:30pm - picture taken
~7:00pm - head out to agreed upon restaurant

There has been some interest in possibly doing a secondary photo on another part of the track as well. We'll discuss this in the planning committee meetings.

Hope to see everyone there!!

Tom

03LightningRocks
06-15-2005, 08:10 PM
For anyone that can't make that date, hopefully you will consider some of the offers to get your truck there for you. I will check with Howard, but I bet he would be willing to help out. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that would show more respect for your ride than him.

Rocks:beer:

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Cool can't wait. :tu:

L8 APEX
06-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Could you have picked a hotter day:D

Avalanche
06-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Could you have picked a hotter day:D

Yea we could have. :rll:

FRDRCING
06-18-2005, 11:12 AM
There is no cool day in August that Im aware of :rll:

svt-mex
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
is this only for members or can other svt lightning owners go?

(here are some pics of my 2002 svt)

Cammin4V
06-21-2005, 09:51 PM
anyone with an L. :beer:

kirkmears
06-21-2005, 09:56 PM
nothing better than an ice cold beer on a hot day:beer:

count me in

03LightningRocks
06-21-2005, 10:06 PM
is this only for members or can other svt lightning owners go?

(here are some pics of my 2002 svt)

It will be great to have you there:beer: .

Rocks:D

skalywags
06-21-2005, 11:08 PM
For anyone that can't make that date, hopefully you will consider some of the offers to get your truck there for you. I will check with Howard, but I bet he would be willing to help out. You would be hard pressed to find anyone that would show more respect for your ride than him.

Rocks:beer:
nope! If I'm not there, the L is not there. sorry.

03LightningRocks
06-22-2005, 12:13 AM
nope! If I'm not there, the L is not there. sorry.

No need to be sorry....:beer: . It would be cool if everyone could make it, but I think we all know that there will always be scheduling conflicts for some folks, no matter what the date. Plus, it is tough to turn the keys to our rides over to someone else.

Rocks :tu:

tliss
06-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Updated the first post with tentative schedule. I'll be putting together a flier to distribute soon.

Tom

tliss
06-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Jeff-y.....need info on the after pic grubbin' establishment. What have you come up with?

Planning crew...I'll be setting up a meeting to discuss this thing soon. Keep and eye on yer IMs and e-mails.

Tom

Alpine
06-30-2005, 03:09 PM
I will let you know something tomorrow morning.:tu:

Avalanche
06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Cool can't wait to get another Pic of all the L's. Maybe since we have a good notice we can get ALOT more L's than we had last year if not the extended notice then the TMS would be a big draw also.

Tom if you need any help from me let me know.

Brent

FRDRCING
06-30-2005, 11:15 PM
I was talking about it at work the other day and I guy said his buddy has a L. I told him the date and told him to be there. As well there is A guy who works at the wallmart across the way from us and I am going to go by there tommorow and tell him to come out as well.

skalywags
07-01-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm out. I'll be racing that weekend! y'all have fun!

tliss
07-01-2005, 07:33 AM
I was talking about it at work the other day and I guy said his buddy has a L. I told him the date and told him to be there. As well there is A guy who works at the wallmart across the way from us and I am going to go by there tommorow and tell him to come out as well.

http://www.nloc.net/forum/avatar.php?userid=30377&dateline=1115253104

Very cool. The more the merrier.

Tom, too bad you can't come out, but I know not everyone will be able to make it. Maybe next time.

Tom

BC Lightning
07-01-2005, 12:39 PM
the guy I sold my slicks to said he and the arkansas lightning group is going to be coming down for the pic, hopefully they don't back out

Alpine
07-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Tom, call me. 817.235.8959

tliss
07-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Tom, call me. 817.235.8959

Roger that. I'll buzz you later....I'm sure you don't want me to call you this early on a Saturday morning....today is Saturday, right?

Tom

tliss
07-25-2005, 08:28 AM
OK gang, here is what came about from the organization meeting this past weekend:

1) We are going to try to set up two shots. FIrst shot will be on the start/finish line and another will be in turn 1 (if we have enough time)
2) Everyone will stage in the infield and we will seperate the G1s from the G2s. For the first shot we will put the G1s on the ends
3) In order for the first shot to be set up in an orderly fashion, all of the picture volunteers will park first and everyone else will have to wait before entering the track. I will be the last of the volunteers and I will hold the lines back until the rest of the volunteers are parked and ready. Then we'll start pulling other trucks onto the track and setting up
4) I am setting up a follow up meeting with the track to finalize everything in Mid to late August. We will need to pay for the track at this time, as we have been asked to prepay. All volunteers are welcome to attend the final meeting, as I was planning on filling the track in on what we are going to do. It'll likely be a weekday during business hours.
5) Still do not have status on the lift. I assume Ron is taking care of this, but I need an update on what we are going to get (height, self-propelled, etc). If we are going to get the second shot, we need to have the ability to move the lift.
6) Everyone needs to be there by 4 so we can stage everyone and get you on the track as quickly as possible.
7) Transition from first to second shot will be a little tricky. You will need to really pay attention to instructions, which will be written out and provided to everyone ahead of time.
8) After the second shot, if there is still some time, we may have all trucks pause at a spot for an individual shot in turn 1. We have not decided if these pics will be made available for sale or what (to make this worth the photographer's time) as of yet
9) After the second shot, we will have to make a SLOW lap around the oval back to pit road. If any smart ass decides to take a fast lap he will screw it up for everyone and we will be immediately kicked out of the track. That person will also get a serious ass-kicking so I can get the last several months of my time back, and our sponsor will get a few in as well to get his money's worth. I'm sure there will be several of my Lightning brethren that will be willing to hold said person down for the beating of his/her life.:evil
10) The after pic dinner venue is still TBD, but from the sound of it there will be no one restaurant that will be able to handle the size of this group. We may just decend on several restaurants along 114 and it'll be up to the inidivuals where they want to go.
11) We are setting up advertising now. There is a sticky post on F150Online and should be one soon on NLOC. I have approached a few other local sites about advertising as well, and we all have the flier. I am planning to drop some fliers off at some of the local performance shops (Keith Craft, Lone Star, etc). Can some one hit the performance shops in your area (i.e. can someone drop some at Speedworks and any others out there)? We need to make sure that they understand that this is a Lightning photo only...no racing and no other types of vehicles will be allowed on the track or in the phoho.
12) Does anyone know any Fort Worth Police officers? It might be a good idea to have a Fort Worth officer and vehicle around for emphasis of the rules.

That's all I can think of for now. If something else comes to mind I'll post up.

Tom

03LightningRocks
07-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Wow Tom....That is alot of reading. For right now I just scimmed through it looking for my name.

Just to answer a couple questions. A few days before the meeting, I can get you a check made out to the track folks. It would be nice to know how much ahead of time, but if not, I can get everything filled in but that. It might be a good idea to get a number before the meeting. You wouldn't want them to get stupid-greedy at the last minute. Play poor boy with them so they don't think it is a chance to get rich.

On the lift...how high of a lift would we like to have? Most of the construction type lifts are motorized, but also remember it will either be in the back of my F250...or on a trailer, so it will automaticly be able to be driven around to different spots. Anyway.....let me know what the minimum useful height would be.

I will read the rest of that post of yours later:evil .

I just read another line. That part about a cop.....I believe those guys get paid for doing stuff like that....maybe moonshine can expend on this or correct me....but the fine folks in the city of Ft Worth, may take exception to being billed for us to do a picture. We really shouldn't need that kind of security anyway.

Ron:beer:

tliss
07-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Wow Tom....That is alot of reading. For right now I just scimmed through it looking for my name.

Just to answer a couple questions. A few days before the meeting, I can get you a check made out to the track folks. It would be nice to know how much ahead of time, but if not, I can get everything filled in but that. It might be a good idea to get a number before the meeting. You wouldn't want them to get stupid-greedy at the last minute. Play poor boy with them so they don't think it is a chance to get rich.

On the lift...how high of a lift would we like to have? Most of the construction type lifts are motorized, but also remember it will either be in the back of my F250...or on a trailer, so it will automaticly be able to be driven around to different spots. Anyway.....let me know what the minimum useful height would be.

I will read the rest of that post of yours later:evil .

Ron:beer:

Garett,

Can you check with the photographer and see what height lift he recommends? I think 20-30' would be good, but see what he thinks. Obviously higher is better.

Ron, I'm planning on getting the meeting going a week or two before the event, so I'll make sure I know the total before then so we can get the chcek made up. He told me around $30/hour, so that's what I'm banking on.

Tom

03LightningRocks
07-25-2005, 12:02 PM
LOL......20-30 ft. :eek: :eek: :eek: . I will check on it, but that may be a tall request. Most scissor type lifts can't go that high because they become unstable. Our photographer can very well end up with a broken neck. That kind of height, may require the use of a truck driven type lift.

Ron

tliss
07-25-2005, 12:13 PM
LOL......20-30 ft. :eek: :eek: :eek: . I will check on it, but that may be a tall request. Most scissor type lifts can't go that high because they become unstable. Our photographer can very well end up with a broken neck. That kind of height, may require the use of a truck driven type lift.

Ron

OK...tallest scissor-type you can find...I think any lift will be better than no lift...use your best judgement, oh wise one...:bows

Tom

03LightningRocks
07-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Let me see what I can come up with...... Something to consider. With the lift being 10-12 ft, and then the lift sitting in the back of the truck adds another 2-3 ft...then the guy standing up being at least 5 ft tall....get's you up pretty good. Anyway, let me do some checking on options. I will let ya know what I come up with.

Ron:tu:

Avalanche
07-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey Tom,

I will volunteer my time to help you out. I work over by the sppedway so I am sure I can take a half a day vacation to help you out with the meeting or if not I will help with whatever you need.

Brent :beer:

Silver_2000
07-25-2005, 05:25 PM

Ron

You can go as high as your bank account will allow

here is a 40 footer

http://www.1stliftcompany.com/Scissor%20Lifts/8841f.jpg

30 foot boom lift

http://www.1stliftcompany.com/Boom%20Lifts/2005-3-17_12-50-44_LAS_VEGAS.jpg

03LightningRocks
07-25-2005, 05:58 PM
LOL.....Yeah Doug, I am aware of that. I just had something a little less industrial in mind. One issue we will face is the weekend issue. The rental places won't open on Sunday....so my experience in the past has been getting charged for Sunday if you rent it on Saturday. Like I said, I had something a little less "industrial" in mind. We can go that way if need be, but there is really no point in getting a 30 foot boom lift if we can make do with a 15 ft scissor lift.

Did you get any prices on those lifts pictured.

Ron

03LightningRocks
07-25-2005, 06:20 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/2005-3-17_12-50-44_LAS_VEGAS.jpg

:cool:

Avalanche
07-25-2005, 09:01 PM
I know I will get hit for this but how about this one?

http://www.maximcrane.com/Rentals/select-terex_artboomlift.jpg

Telescopic or
Articulating
Boom Lifts
30-126 ft.

tliss
07-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Looks like word is spreading. I am getting some responses from folks on the other boards that appear to be local to DFW, and it looks like a few people will be coming from different places (Oklahoma and Austin so far). This thing might just get out of hand.knana

Tom

sharkbite1979
07-27-2005, 03:19 PM
We'll bring both of our L's....95% sure we can be there.

03LightningRocks
07-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Looks like word is spreading. I am getting some responses from folks on the other boards that appear to be local to DFW, and it looks like a few people will be coming from different places (Oklahoma and Austin so far). This thing might just get out of hand.knana

Tom

When is it again Tom? I need to check my schedule to see if I am available :evil .

SpeedyBolt
07-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Well just found out today that I'm not going to be able to make it. :( I will be in Springfield Mo the 26th-28th. I'm going to see if my Dad will drive my truck up there so if ya'll see and older version of me driving my truck, you'll know it's my dad.

tliss
07-27-2005, 05:21 PM
When is it again Tom? I need to check my schedule to see if I am available :evil .
:eek:

I dunno...I forget...

I think there are reminders on just about every Lightning board out there now...:d

Tom

Tex Arcana
07-28-2005, 12:39 AM
OK gang, here is what came about from the organization meeting this past weekend:

10) The after pic dinner venue is still TBD, but from the sound of it there will be no one restaurant that will be able to handle the size of this group. We may just decend on several restaurants along 114 and it'll be up to the inidivuals where they want to go.

Tom

Dude, why dind't you CALL me and tell me about the meeting?? You know I want to be a part of the volunteer bit. :mad:

AS for dinner: did anyone consider catering some food in, maybe BBQ? I wonder what that would cost, and how we could parlay that into a picnic at the site (maybe outside the bowl, on a parking lot, but still possible)?

EDIT: Is there an individual cost for the event, or is Rock's sponsorship covering it?

tliss
07-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Dude, why dind't you CALL me and tell me about the meeting?? You know I want to be a part of the volunteer bit. :mad:

AS for dinner: did anyone consider catering some food in, maybe BBQ? I wonder what that would cost, and how we could parlay that into a picnic at the site (maybe outside the bowl, on a parking lot, but still possible)?

EDIT: Is there an individual cost for the event, or is Rock's sponsorship covering it?

Sorry about that...LOTS of things going on, and I sent out the e-mail and posted up about it, figuring that would cover everybody. Turns out I had a wrong e-mail address for one person and obviously didn't get the word to everybody.

Your dinner comment...good suggestion. It would involve a big guess, because we don't know exactly how many people are coming, and we would need to rent tables and chairs and all. We have the track from 5-8, so we would not have the time to take the pic and throw down on the feed inside. Outside the track would work, but we would likely have little or no light and lots of bugs. The costs for this could be astronomical, and I don't want to put the financial burden for something like this on the club.

Your cost for the event question..Rocks is our sponsor for the event...his company is paying for the track time and the lift. No individual cost other than your own dinner and drinks that night.

Again, I apologize for not calling you directly. Send me your e-mail address and I'll put you on the distribution for any follow up e-mails. Most of the coordinating will be done in the threads on this board, so be sure to stay tuned.

Tom

Tex Arcana
07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Sorry about that...LOTS of things going on, and I sent out the e-mail and posted up about it, figuring that would cover everybody. Turns out I had a wrong e-mail address for one person and obviously didn't get the word to everybody.

Your dinner comment...good suggestion. It would involve a big guess, because we don't know exactly how many people are coming, and we would need to rent tables and chairs and all. We have the track from 5-8, so we would not have the time to take the pic and throw down on the feed inside. Outside the track would work, but we would likely have little or no light and lots of bugs. The costs for this could be astronomical, and I don't want to put the financial burden for something like this on the club.

Your cost for the event question..Rocks is our sponsor for the event...his company is paying for the track time and the lift. No individual cost other than your own dinner and drinks that night.

Again, I apologize for not calling you directly. Send me your e-mail address and I'll put you on the distribution for any follow up e-mails. Most of the coordinating will be done in the threads on this board, so be sure to stay tuned.

Tom

Make some phone calls, see what a catering service will quote ya. Maybe set it up to charge $10 per person, and let them work out the details (they can set things up to be flexible over a range or people). Look into it, it might work out. Maybe one of our L bretheren has some land in the near vicinity that s/he would be willing to open up for a gathering.

dboat
07-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Maybe one of our L bretheren has some land in the near vicinity that s/he would be willing to open up for a gathering.

Hey Tom, we can have it at my house!!! I have lots of room and will buy the beer... :beer:
Dana

:evil

Cammin4V
07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
If we want to do some type of small catering, i can get a discount on Chili's party platters. They have all kinds of platters, like nachos, eggrolls, buffalo wings, sandwiches.

Let me know.

tliss
07-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I'll be honest, catering this thing will be a monumental pain in the ass in my opinion. Get the food trucked in, gotta rent tables and chairs to set it on, maybe some tables and chairs for everyone to sit on, take a wild guess on how much we really need, plus we'll prolly have to get permission from the track to do so in the parking lot outside in the dark...:confused: ...and we're not likely to have beer!! :eek:

I'll leave it up to the masses to explore this option, but I'll be completely honest when I say I don't really want to do this...let's go grab a bite to eat somewhere on the restaurant row along 114...we'll all be in the same vacinity and we won't have to worry about the restaurant automatically adding the 15% tip on our bills...not to mention we'll have access to beer and alcohol, which we won't likely have access to at TMS if we cater. A few things to stew on for a bit.

Tom

03LightningRocks
07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
I'll be honest, catering this thing will be a monumental pain in the ass in my opinion. Get the food trucked in, gotta rent tables and chairs to set it on, maybe some tables and chairs for everyone to sit on, take a wild guess on how much we really need, plus we'll prolly have to get permission from the track to do so in the parking lot outside in the dark...:confused: ...and we're not likely to have beer!! :eek:

I'll leave it up to the masses to explore this option, but I'll be completely honest when I say I don't really want to do this...let's go grab a bite to eat somewhere on the restaurant row along 114...we'll all be in the same vacinity and we won't have to worry about the restaurant automatically adding the 15% tip on our bills...not to mention we'll have access to beer and alcohol, which we won't likely have access to at TMS if we cater. A few things to stew on for a bit.

Tom

I'm with Tom on this one. Just thinking about it is enough to give ya a head ache. Not to mention how enjoyable it will be sitting in a hot arse parking lot, sweating, while we try to keep the dust off the cold food.

I vote restaurant too.....:tu:

Avalanche
07-29-2005, 04:51 PM
My vote is for 114 also :tu:

ThunderBolt
08-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Sounds like fun. I'll try to make plans to be there.

Avalanche
08-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Just a reminder that the photo shoot is this coming Sat.

Oh yea don't forget to wash your L's. :rll:

my2002lightning
08-22-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm planning on showing. knana

Tom, any convoy plans for us East-Side fellers to congregate afore-hand and assemble en-mass?

I'd like to get a helping of Tropi-Care on the L prior, but I make no promises....

tliss
08-22-2005, 06:04 PM

Tom, any convoy plans for us East-Side fellers to congregate afore-hand and assemble en-mass?

I'd like to get a helping of Tropi-Care on the L prior, but I make no promises....

No plans for a convoy here. I'm heading over early, so nobody will be very interested in convoying with me when I'm going!

FYI, we had our meeting today and pretty much everything is taken care of. Our contact did bring up an insurance issue, but hopefully that'll work itself out.

See you guys Saturday.

Tom

Avalanche
08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
If anyone is interested I will be leaving the Garland side of town around 2:45 or 3:00 if you want to meet up somewhere on 635 or 114 let me know then we can convoy out that way.

Brent

tliss
08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Also, as a reminder, be there by 4. We are going to get on the track right at 5 or a little before and take the first pic as soon as we are set up. And we were reminded that if anyone steps out of place (takes a hot lap, burnout, anything stupid like that) we can guarantee that we will get kicked out and not be allowed back. A list of rules will be handed out when you enter the track, and if you break a rule you are gone, period. Anyone does anything stupid that gets us all kicked out and I will personally whoop yer candy ass...there have been way too many hours invested in this.

Tom

sleeper22
08-22-2005, 06:33 PM
I hope I don't have to show up without my bed on!!! I am still working on my frame work (c-notch). :hammer: IMG]http://www.f150online.com/galleries/cover/gallery6229.jpg[/IMG]

sleeper22
08-22-2005, 06:34 PM
I hope I don't have to show up without my bed on!!! I am still working on my frame work (c-notch). :hammer: www.f150online.com/galleries/cover/gallery6229.jpg (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/cover/gallery6229.jpg)http://www.f150online.com/galleries/cover/gallery6229.jpg

03LightningRocks
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
I hope I don't have to show up without my bed on!!! I am still working on my frame work (c-notch). :hammer: www.f150online.com/galleries/cover/gallery6229.jpg (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/cover/gallery6229.jpg)http://www.f150online.com/galleries/cover/gallery6229.jpg

I would like to propose that all vehicles must be whole and in their Lightning form to participate.....:rll: . No camper tops allowed either...:d .

Mika
08-22-2005, 07:33 PM
I'll try to make it to this. I gotta get to know you guys!:)

Mika

Avalanche
08-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I would like to propose that all vehicles must be whole and in their Lightning form to participate.....:rll: . No camper tops allowed either...:d .

Aw come on Uncle it might be "different" to see just half a Lightning in the picture. :rll:

tliss
08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Aw come on Uncle it might be "different" to see just half a Lightning in the picture. :rll:

All half Lightnings in the back :rll:

Come on out regardless. We'll see if we cant hide that back end in the pic somehow...

Tom

Avalanche
08-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Photoshop!!!!!!

Tex Arcana
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM

I plan on being there fairly early, so if you wanna follow me, go for it.

BTW, what do you (or anyone else, for that matter) know about the wax/cleaner stuff that fills scratches and such?? I need to work my ride over fairly well, at least... :d

Tex Arcana
08-22-2005, 10:36 PM
Also, as a reminder, be there by 4. We are going to get on the track right at 5 or a little before and take the first pic as soon as we are set up. And we were reminded that if anyone steps out of place (takes a hot lap, burnout, anything stupid like that) we can guarantee that we will get kicked out and not be allowed back. A list of rules will be handed out when you enter the track, and if you break a rule you are gone, period. Anyone does anything stupid that gets us all kicked out and I will personally whoop yer candy ass...there have been way too many hours invested in this.

Tom

For those of y'all who break these rules, I have THIS for ya:
http://www.cluedofan.com/fan_art/ian_janosko/WeaponCardLeadPipe.jpg
:nono:

Seriously, the track rep made it REAL clear: no fooling around, no burnouts, no speeding (over 35mph on the roads, 10 mph on the parking lots), no running full laps, no high-speed passes. One persons breaks these rules, we are ALL kicked out; anyone tries to drive a lap around the track, and not only do they toss us out, they confiscate ALL our cameras!! And NONE of us will be allowed back in TMS, ever--including me and my autocrossing.

So please behave--you will get a flyer with the rules, when you sign your waiver at the south entrance. I think this will be the best group photo ever, and if we organize quickly enough, we will be able to get a second shot on a turn on the banking. ANd if this turns out well, it may be a great place to do it again in the future.

:tu:

skalywags
08-22-2005, 11:19 PM
scratches and dirt don't show up on group pics. half a truck should be half way in the group. they hide well, there

tliss
08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
For those of y'all who break these rules, I have THIS for ya:
http://www.cluedofan.com/fan_art/ian_janosko/WeaponCardLeadPipe.jpg
:nono:

Seriously, the track rep made it REAL clear: no fooling around, no burnouts, no speeding (over 35mph on the roads, 10 mph on the parking lots), no running full laps, no high-speed passes. One persons breaks these rules, we are ALL kicked out; anyone tries to drive a lap around the track, and not only do they toss us out, they confiscate ALL our cameras!! And NONE of us will be allowed back in TMS, ever--including me and my autocrossing.

So please behave--you will get a flyer with the rules, when you sign your waiver at the south entrance. I think this will be the best group photo ever, and if we organize quickly enough, we will be able to get a second shot on a turn on the banking. ANd if this turns out well, it may be a great place to do it again in the future.

:tu:

Amen holmes. :tu: If we want this venue for anything in the future we need to take this seriously.

As far as the clean up of the truck question, John, I use a couple of coats of Meguiar's Scratch X and cover it with polish and then wax. Coumes out awesome...but takes time.

Tom

sleeper22
08-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Well, I'll be there with or without my bed. Hope I don't bring down the quality of the pictures?! :bs I'm sure we have all been under some kind of construction? I would like to see all the local trucks anyways.

94lightnin
08-23-2005, 07:46 PM
hey i was wondering if we had to pay anything to be a registered member and will i be able to go to the meeting a tms

Avalanche
08-23-2005, 07:52 PM
You do not have ot be a supporting member to come out and have your truck in the photo. Look forward to seeing you there.

tliss
08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
hey i was wondering if we had to pay anything to be a registered member and will i be able to go to the meeting a tms

No charge to come out. Just show up and join the pic and meet some new friends. I look forward to meeting you there. I'll be the one running around with the megaphone going nuts trying to keep everything somewhat organized. :d

Tom

StormShadow
08-23-2005, 09:23 PM

You can become a Supporting Member here http://www.talonclub.com/forum/subscriptions.php
this also opens up another section of the forum that the general public doesn't see.

bsharp
08-24-2005, 11:10 PM
I should be there in my new (to me) white '95.

Bud

Tex Arcana
08-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Well, I'll be there with or without my bed. Hope I don't bring down the quality of the pictures?! :bs I'm sure we have all been under some kind of construction? I would like to see all the local trucks anyways.

Dude, I got a call yesterday form my wife, about 11:30-ish, telling me she'd just seen a bedless Lightning!!! :eek2: She saw ya at Parker and Custer, iirc. :tu:

sleeper22
08-26-2005, 08:05 AM
Dude, I got a call yesterday form my wife, about 11:30-ish, telling me she'd just seen a bedless Lightning!!! :eek2: She saw ya at Parker and Custer, iirc. :tu:

That was me! She probably saw me when I was going to get a quote on fixing my frame. Cheers! :beer:

tliss
08-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Just as an FYI to everybody, please make sure you enter the infield via the south tunnel, as it will be the only tunnel open. Here is a speedway map for your convenience so you'll know exactly how to get there:

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/downloads/speedway.pdf

If you have trouble when you get to the speedway, give me a call on my cell phone (972)977-9248.

Also, don't forget to bring your FRS radios so you can hear wahts going on.

See you there! :tu:

Tom

sleeper22
08-27-2005, 11:01 AM
I don't have a FRS radio. Am I going to miss much?

tliss
08-27-2005, 11:32 AM

That'sjust how we are going to coordinate among the people placing trucks. I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone wanted to listen in.

Tom

StormShadow
08-27-2005, 11:32 AM

Not really, but you can pick one up at Radio Shack for cheap.

sleeper22
08-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Nevermind, I do have a set from when I go paintballing. :nana2