PDA

View Full Version : Which Blinder????

03LightningRocks
06-19-2005, 02:00 AM
Now I would liketohear which blinders folks prefer. Please describe howthey work ifyou know. Wherethey mount and also what you think of the new paint called veil....

Rocks:confused:

BLACKSUNSHINE
06-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I dont know about veil yet, you have to apply it wuth a brush to your headlights, fog lights, turn signals, and tail lights and license plate and it gives it a neutral grey tint (I might try it just for the tint, might look good on black). As far as it effectively somewhat cloaking your vehicle...I dont think painting just the lamps is enough to appear invisible to radar detectors. They even say on the web site www.laserveil.com that

"Drivers of light colored and/or metallic painted cars have more viable alternatives if they wish to maximize VEIL's performance."

And they say, "We have seen that even active jammers , can not alone cloak a vehicle reliably in the rear. In this case, using VEIL in addition to a rear active jammer will most certainly improve the performance of the laser jammer."

It might work being that officers try to shoot for the license plate for a more accurate reading. BUT Sound kinda gimmickie and you have to reapply the stuff and may have to reapply it more ofter in different climates, so in texas heat every week... Maybe wait till you see it someone elses ride and ask if they liked it, and stick with the V1 for now.

Here is some little info on blinders http://www.1-radar-laser-jammers-detectors.com/our-store/laser-jammers/tests.php

Tex Arcana
06-20-2005, 12:19 AM
WHat's the legality of blinders/jammers?? :confused:

99WhiteBeast
06-20-2005, 12:08 PM
M20's here- They have saved my arse 3x now which would have paid for themselves 2x over- especially at 105mph

03LightningRocks
06-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Laser Jamming is perfectly alright. I haven't seen a safety label on them yet...;) .

Rocks:beer:

sonicbluetommy
06-21-2005, 08:49 PM
It might work being that officers try to shoot for the license plate for a more accurate reading.

Don't let them kid you about aiming for the license plate. I know an officer in Irving and he says they hit them where ever they can get the biggest flattest target. He also said it is possible to see the laser dot on a vehicle up to a 1/2 a mile away. Kinda cool but still scary.

L8 APEX
06-21-2005, 10:35 PM
The Laser is at 904nanometers which is in the invisible infra red spectrum of light. Nobody is seeing this laser beam inless they have the vision of a CCD chip:rolleyes: . It is also 18" wide at 500ft and msot LIDAR tickets are ranged at 1600-800ft' So the beam covers most of the front end which is why at least two heads are needed to receive the signal and stick it up their bums:tu:

Tex Arcana
06-21-2005, 11:45 PM
The Laser is at 904nanometers which is in the invisible infra red spectrum of light. Nobody is seeing this laser beam inless they have the vision of a CCD chip:rolleyes: . It is also 18" wide at 500ft and msot LIDAR tickets are ranged at 1600-800ft' So the beam covers most of the front end which is why at least two heads are needed to receive the signal and stick it up their bums:tu:

I thought the beam was more like 3' at 500', and over 8' at 1000'. :rolleyes: Either way, at 1600-1800', they can't get a decent read to save their necks, so challengeing is a damn good idea.

03LightningRocks
06-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Challenging????? Now that is funny:rll: . Your honor...I didn't do it. Cop..."He did it". Judge..."Guilty, pay at the window."

Maybe you could request a jury trial...yeah..that's it. And then you could hire Perry Mason to check out the distances....oh wait...he's dead. Maybe you could hire the same team Michael Jackson had.

LMAO...challenge....:rll: :rll: :rll: .

Rocks:beer: ;)

Beaudee
06-22-2005, 02:56 PM
The best blinders are ones were you will be too busy to speed! http://members.chello.nl/rwestdor/wet/photos/photo_1.html :d

L8 APEX
06-22-2005, 03:45 PM
I give this one an F for fake:vomit:

http://members.chello.nl/rwestdor/wet/photos/photo_32.html

Beaudee
06-22-2005, 03:52 PM

Yaaah, but they will still cver your eyes. :tu: I have heard so many pros and cons about these radr blinders,do they really work?

Mark #2
06-22-2005, 06:47 PM

Okay, now I am questioning L8's gender preference if this is an F.

L8 APEX
06-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Okay, now I am questioning L8's gender preference if this is an F.
You're a jackass, I am just saying if you are going to buy a tity it should look like a tity. That boob job is atrocious, I would get my money back if I were her:hammer: . Now Carmen Electra and Pam Anderson have nice boob jobs:beer:

Mark #2
06-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow, a Jackass, how harsh, and here I thought that I had the experience to judge good versus bad jobs.
Well I guess I am not very good based on pictures according to you, but there are other ways to judge.;)