PDA

View Full Version : Snappy - Not

Aggie Mom
07-24-2005, 06:01 PM
I had a little tire incident today. To make matters worse, it will be 4 or 5 days before the new tires come in so I gotta drive around with the "Joe Dirt" wheel for a week. :crying: :crying: Time for the crown....

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/DSC00760z.jpg

skalywags
07-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I had a little tire incident today. To make matters worse, it will be 4 or 5 days before the new tires come in so I gotta drive around with the "Joe Dirt" wheel for a week. :crying: :crying: Time for the crown....

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/DSC00760z.jpg
looks really nice! I think you should put them all the way around! i would do it but not int the black wheel look. But to help you out, I'll take your Smoothies that you had on there! :twitch:

L8 APEX
07-24-2005, 09:43 PM
It looks wrecked:rll:

my2002lightning
07-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Sorry to see this, Cathy. :o

"Joe Dirt" wheel. :D

L8 APEX
07-24-2005, 10:53 PM
You're not the only one with rubber woes today. Here is a Harley that hitched a ride, lol! See what happens when you start talking about tire life:D .

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG37671.JPG

L8 APEX
07-26-2005, 06:51 PM
I got a call from Cathy wanting to know if the Boyds' on her truck were still produced or not. I said I am sure they are and asked why....:throw: She said that NTB bent and scratched every single rim trying to dismount the old F1's. For those that don't know Boyds are a large barrel diameter wheel requiring the tire to be installed and removed from the back side. Then they blew up one new tire trying to put it back on. In her words she hit defcon 5 when the tire tech got smart with her saying the job can't be done without damaging the wheel. She started chiking him and the manager came to his rescue. The manager apologized and arranged for her wheels to be taken over to Discount Tire where they know what the heck they are doing. They also had discount order a new set of Smoothies. They had to swing by GoodYear to replace the tire they blew up. I wish she had a camera to record the NTB guys standing around Discount Tire getting a lesson in how to reverse mount a Boyd.:rll: . I knew there was a reason I didn't like NTB, I am sure they love Cathy by now:D .

Aggie Mom
07-26-2005, 08:05 PM
I got a call from Cathy wanting to know if the Boyds' on her truck were still produced or not. I said I am sure they are and asked why....:throw: She said that NTB bent and scratched every single rim trying to dismount the old F1's. For those that don't know Boyds are a large barrel diameter wheel requiring the tire to be installed and removed from the back side. Then they blew up one new tire trying to put it back on. In her words she hit defcon 5 when the tire tech got smart with her saying the job can't be done without damaging the wheel. She started chiking him and the manager came to his rescue. The manager apologized and arranged for her wheels to be taken over to Discount Tire where they know what the heck they are doing. They also had discount order a new set of Smoothies. They had to swing by GoodYear to replace the tire they blew up. I wish she had a camera to record the NTB guys standing around Discount Tire getting a lesson in how to reverse mount a Boyd.:rll: . I knew there was a reason I didn't like NTB, I am sure they love Cathy by now:D .

Yep, everything he said is true. Before they started the work, I asked them are they sure they won't scratch the rims. They said, "oh sure no problem". I almost had a fist fight with the tech and told the mofo to get out of my face. Rocks, you would of been proud. :tu: I'm sick and tired of these a$$holes jerking me around and I wasn't gonna take it anymore. NTB admitted they were at fault. They are ordering new rims and we went to Discount Tire (San Antonio) 281 & Evans to have the tires installed. NTB even paid to have all my tire warranty work transferred to Discount Tire. From now on, everything will be done at Discount Tire. The Discount Tire guys got a good laugh at all the NTB guys standing around.

PoorSvtman
07-26-2005, 08:55 PM
only reason i like ntb is that i got 2 flats fixed for free cause they guy didnt want to do paper work on a sunday...

skalywags
07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
If you buy at Discount - you get all flats fixed free.
But, the one in valley Ranch must have some NTB boys working there. MAybe they thought they graduated to Discount, but I have to say - maybe they should go back to NTB.

L8 APEX
07-26-2005, 10:19 PM
A good reason of why I have worked so hard to find a good Discount team for my needs. Keep in mind one HRE can cost $1600 bucks as did the all chrome 19's for the C6 we did last year. You don't want to mess up a wheel it takes 4 weeks to build.

PoorSvtman
07-26-2005, 10:21 PM
If yo buy at Discount - you get all falts fixed free.
But, the one in valley Ranch must have some NTB boys working there. MAybe they thought they graduated to Discount, but I have to say - maybe they should go back to NTB.

discount isnt open on sundays like ntb.. that being the reason i went to them

Aggie Mom
08-05-2005, 10:32 AM
I went and picked up a check today at NTB for my rims. They decided just to pay me. They gave me $550 a rim. Then I went to a place downtown in San Antonio to get an alignment on the truck. For anybody looking for a place in SA I recommend General Brake and Alignment on Nogalitos. It's a father and son place and they care about your vehicle. It was kinda like taking it to Terry. :tu: For once NO stress when I was having the L worked on. :D