PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Truck qualifying

OneRedTXBolt
09-17-2002, 09:35 AM
Did anyone want to go watch this @ 2pm on Thursday? I got a free admit coupon from last Friday's paper (Sorry - didn't read it until last night! or I'd have let everyone know about it)

I'd like to go, just not by myself.

James

L8 APEX
09-17-2002, 11:51 AM
No but I did get to meet the driver of the #29 Power Stroke Ford, take a guided pit tour, and watch the race from Ford's luxury box:D:banana: :banana:

Sixpipes
09-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by OneRedTXBolt
Did anyone want to go watch this @ 2pm on Thursday? I got a free admit coupon from last Friday's paper (Sorry - didn't read it until last night! or I'd have let everyone know about it)

I'd like to go, just not by myself.

James
Hey dude, you're reading out of a week old paper. :p

OneRedTXBolt
09-17-2002, 12:06 PM
That's cool! Those boxes are NICE...

When my friend worked for General Mills, and they sponsored Johnny Benson in the Cheerios Ford Taurus, he was responsible for booking the 2 luxury suites. And he got me a ticket :banana:

It definitely spoils you... Free food, free drinks, all day. Guided pit tour, Meet and greet and pics with Johnny Benson, radios to listen to the drivers. All that, and I got some door prizes! A way cool Cheerios Racing cooler and koozies!

L8 APEX
09-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Only down side was not being able to hear or feel the race from the quiet room. We had chicken fajitas, and other stuff. Give aways were a power Stroke hat pin, reciever hitch cover, signed hat, and back pack full of crap.

OneRedTXBolt
09-17-2002, 12:58 PM
Ha! I'd realized that when I read Terry's reply! That's what I get for not reading the paper the day I get it, huh (much less more than a week later!)?