View Full Version : FS: 2000 Lightning w/upgrades

ri0grand
07-27-2005, 11:37 PM
2000 Ford Lightning

One Owner
Black Exterior
Ebony Leather/Medium Graphite Cloth Interior
105,xxx Miles
70,xxx miles on the engine. The engine was replaced by Ford under warranty at 35K miles due to a sparkplug/cylinder head factory defect.
The majority of the miles on this truck have been highway miles on long cross country type trips.
Mobile 1 full synthetic oil used exclusively, changed every 5K miles
Upgrades

Color matched low profile locking fiberglass Snug Top bed cover.
Rhino Liner
Roush Performance Suspension Package with special rate springs front and rear, and matched Bilstein shocks front and rear. This is absolutely the best suspension kit available for the Lightning. The stock version of the Lighnting suspension is a huge improvement over the standard F150, but the Roush F150 trucks have even better suspension than the Lightning. This kit lowers the truck and significantly improves handling, unlike most of the kits out there that only lower for appearance. The spring rates are modified with higher rates in the front and lower rates in the back compared to the stock springs. This suspension setup is tuned for high performance handling not just looks.
Bassani Exhaust Headers
Full Bassani Stainless Steel 3.5 inch diameter dual exhaust including recently replaced high flow cats
Pro M Mass flow sensor and High flow intake and Filter
Cobra Throttle single oval plate throttle body. Improved flow over there smaller dual round plate stock unit.
TransGo Shift Kit which delivers precise crisp shifts. It will break the tires loose from first to second gear and even second to third gear shifts.
Higher capacity transmission pan for better transmission cooling
Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft. Lighter and stronger than stock
Custom tuned chip to optimize engine and transmission performance. In addition to the horsepower gains, the transmission shift points have been reprogrammed to allow for more aggressive downshifts. This custom chip contains 2 separate programs to easily return to factory shift points at the flick of a switch. The chip can be reprogrammed to accommodate up to 4 separate programs for engine and transmission parameters, which can be selected with a switch setting.
I purchased this vehicle new in early 2000. I have used this vehicle primarily for business travel which is the reason for the relatively high mileage. I was tired of the all the flying I had done over the years and decided to purchase a fun vehicle as a way of accommodating my business travel instead of flying. It worked out well and was an enjoyable vehicle for me. It rates at the top of my list for the most fun vehicles I have owned. Of course when I purchased it I couldn’t resist making some special upgrades to the vehicle as my goal was to make my travel and windshield time fun. While I have put some miles on this vehicle it has been carefully maintained and cared for. It still presents itself as a very new vehicle to most people who see it. Even those who have seen and even owned Lightnings before will comment on how nice this particular one is. While I have made performance modifications to this vehicle, it has not seen time at the race track or drag strip except for one SVT Ford sponsored event at a road course (20 laps total). It is in fact an excellent every day driver with a little extra for when you feel the need. The modifications were carefully selected to improve performance and handling without compromising reliability. The dyno testing for the modifications indicated approximately 380 RWHP. Using a conservative figure of 15% for driveline loss that is nearly 450 HP at the flywheel. The suspension changes are particularly significant. While the stock Lightning had significant improvement over a stock F150, this truck has significant improvement over a stock Lightning. I considered purchasing a Roush Performance prepared F150 at the time I purchased this Lightning, but the Engine/Power Train was not on par with the Lightning. The suspension was however, better than the stock Lightning. The Roush truck had a significantly lower stance, performance spring rates and Bilstein shocks designed with handling as a more important criteria than payload capacity. This Lightning has the suspension from the Roush Performance F150 truck installed. It was installed by the Roush center here in the Dallas Texas area. This vehicle has great looks, handling, and the performance to run with most anything you will find on the road. I am selling only due to the fact that I no longer have the room for it.

$15K

True Blue Aggie
07-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Oh good lord....ibtl.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/announcement.php?f=8

TALON is a Local Lightning enthusiasts club based in Dallas Texas. We have a large group of local members who have put a great deal of time and effort and $$ into making this organization what it is.

We don't allow new members with Zero posts to use our forum JUST to sell their truck or truck parts. That is taking advantage of the exposure and the thousands of eyes that these pages see every day without offering anything in return.

Don't misunderstand - We are not looking for $$, we are simply trying to make sure that folks that take from the site have also given, in the form of participation in the discussion etc... We have had far to many people from all over the world register simply so they could spam their overpriced parts or trucks on our forum and we have grown tired of that.
So before you register to simply post a thread here in the For Sale section understand that we typically don't allow that. If you are here to participate in the discussion welcome and make yourself at home.

ri0grand
07-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Sorry if I violated the protocol. I was approached by some people a couple of days ago in Frisco who stoppped to talk to me when they saw my Lightning who suggested I post the FS here. I didn't read your rules carefully enough I guess though. I was getting ready to list it on ebay and thought I would try it here as some of your forum members suggested. Again I apologize, and if you need to pull the post, I understand.

03LightningRocks
07-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Sorry if I violated the protocol. I was approached by some people a couple of days ago in Frisco who stoppped to talk to me when they saw my Lightning who suggested I post the FS here. I didn't read your rules carefully enough I guess though. I was getting ready to list it on ebay and thought I would try it here as some of your forum members suggested. Again I apologize, and if you need to pull the post, I understand.

Ronald strikes again...LOL. This guy is pretty cool about it....he should get to keep the ad here....what the heck...we know Ronald sent him here.

This truck looks like something in line with what Wes was looking for.

Rocks:tu:

ri0grand
07-28-2005, 12:12 AM
If makes any difference, I was an active member of the F150online Lightning board, for the first few years I had my Lightning. That was in the early days of the G2 Lightning. While I may not have posted here, I supported other forums for this truck in the past.

True Blue Aggie
07-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Not pissed on my end....just sometime the folks around here can get moody at posts like this. good luck with the sale :tu:

03LightningRocks
07-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Hello. Just wanted to let ya know that Doug has final word here....he is the internet lord who reigns supreme over all the Talon Lands....

Meanwhile....drop a note to this guy...he has a friend looking for a Lightning. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/member.php?u=77

03LightningRocks
07-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Not pissed on my end....just sometime the folks around here can get moody at posts like this. good luck with the sale :tu:

Yeah...it can get testy at times.....:rll: :rll: :rll: .

Silver_2000
07-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Yep some days Im in a bad mood others days not as much.

Since i have already banned one user this morning and Im heading on vacation Ill let this one slide . Seems an honest mistake...

Doug

L8 APEX
07-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Our last local 2000 with 105K sold for 12,5K..

ri0grand
07-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Doug,

Thanks for the slack. It really was an honest mistake. I know most forums don't allow commercial posting, but since this is private, I thought it would be OK. Again sorry for the violation.

ri0grand
07-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Our last local 2000 with 105K sold for 12,5K..

Yes I know it may seem high for the mileage on the surface. The engine was replaced under warranty @35k, so there is only about 70k on the motor. There are significant upgrades (as many have, I know) as well.

I will also consider any offers from serious buyers.

ri0grand
07-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Maybe the mileage/price is scaring away a sale.

So......just to let everyone know I am serious about getting this into the hands of it's next owner quickly, I will take $15K.

03LightningRocks
07-29-2005, 07:20 PM
That would be a fair deal. Did you ever get in touch with Wes? His friend may still be looking for one. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/member.php?u=77

Maybe the mileage/price is scaring away a sale.

So......just to let everyone know I am serious about getting this into the hands of it's next owner quickly, I will take $15K.

ri0grand
07-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I did send a private message to him letting him know I posted it in the "For Sale" section. I was hoping to get his attention with the new price.

That would be a fair deal. Did you ever get in touch with Wes? His friend may still be looking for one. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/member.php?u=77