PDA

View Full Version : Question on exhaust systems

BS7656
08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
I am a newby to the lightning scene and to the american made scene as well. I have heard pros and cons about both masterflow and basani and i would like to know what is the best one over all. And sorry if I mispelled anything, not the greatest speller.

BS7656
08-01-2005, 06:18 PM
its for a 2002 L

WA 2 FST
08-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I had a Borla cat-back on my '99 and I have a Magnaflow on my '04. I prefer the Magnaflow. I have no first-hand experience with the Bassani. All of these systems are stainless steel, so they should last longer than you'll own the truck.

Realize that any cat-back system like this will not net you any significant power gains without other mods as well. They are more just for an improvement in exhaust sound over stock (read: more aggressive).

I found that both the Borla and Magnaflow are nice under full throttle, but not obnoxious at idle/part throttle cruising. The Borla was a bit quiet for me at WOT for my tastes.

BS7656
08-01-2005, 06:40 PM
thanks for the info. I just want the best sound that i can get. that deep sound but not obnoxious. oh and if anyone ever goes to the kennedale races on anyday please stop by im on the way there right off of new hope road right infront of the church of christ

BigBobsL
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I had a Borla cat-back on my '99 and I have a Magnaflow on my '04. I prefer the Magnaflow. I have no first-hand experience with the Bassani. All of these systems are stainless steel, so they should last longer than you'll own the truck.

Realize that any cat-back system like this will not net you any significant power gains without other mods as well. They are more just for an improvement in exhaust sound over stock (read: more aggressive).

I found that both the Borla and Magnaflow are nice under full throttle, but not obnoxious at idle/part throttle cruising. The Borla was a bit quiet for me at WOT for my tastes.

Wes - Did you have the twin MagnaFlow "Bullet" or the larger twin oval mufflers? I had the single two in/two out muffler and wound up pulling it because I hated the choked jettting sound at full throttle. Same with a FloMaster. I do love the sound of the twin oval Magnaflows.

rickgig
08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Guys... I am seriously thinking about the electric exhaust cutouts I posted a while back.I think running straight through at the touch of a couple of switches... nice. :o

99WhiteBeast
08-02-2005, 06:37 AM
thanks for the info. I just want the best sound that i can get. that deep sound but not obnoxious. oh and if anyone ever goes to the kennedale races on anyday please stop by im on the way there right off of new hope road right infront of the church of christ

Are you the silver L on the right at the stop sign? If so we had 22 L's pass by you last Sunday on the way to Kennedale- you could have heard every different possible exhaust note from the various systems.

FRDRCING
08-02-2005, 08:34 AM
I would recomend calling Terry@PR and see about a mild or wild setup. He is a supporting vendor of this site.

BS7656
08-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Yes i am the silver one on the right but i think i was out at the timeeither that or i had a girl over cant remember. but idid hear that a big group of Ls went to the races that day.