PDA

View Full Version : CONVOY: McKINNEY-ALLEN-PLANO-FRISCO

Tex Arcana
08-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Similar to Brent's thread, I'm organizing a convoy from my home in McKinney, to head out 380 to 35 to TMS, it's nearly a straight shot from here that way, and avoids the worst of the Dallas/Irving/Grapevine traffic. I figure we meet here at the house around 2:30-3:00, then head on out. Yeah, I know it's early, but I've got t be out there early to help with setup and such.

So, post up who's willing to come out here and follow me out, and I'll post directions tomorrow.

Doug, would you please sticky this and all convoy-related threads, so everyone can find 'em easily?

Thanks!

Tex Arcana
08-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Okay, bump on this convoy, meet at my home at 2:30, head out as soon as we can after (remember, it takes almost an hour to get out there). My wife is going, I think I'm gonna take a cooler as well, and I would suggest everyone do the same.

I need folks to post up and let me know who's gonna be here tomorrow. I'llcheck this thread again tonite.

:tu:

tliss
08-26-2005, 12:48 PM
I'll prolly be at the track at that time...so count me out. I also have to go the long way since I have to pick up the megaphone at 635/35 area.

Also, what is the station that the radio transmitter transmits on so I can add it to the rules sheet?

Tom

cobralight
08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I'll be looking for your post tomorrow to meet in McKinney.

BS7656
08-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I live in mansfield but i have to pick up someone in McKinney so send me your address so I can get there with no prob and Ill becomming from the Louisiana exit.

Tex Arcana
08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
I'll prolly be at the track at that time...so count me out. I also have to go the long way since I have to pick up the megaphone at 635/35 area.

Also, what is the station that the radio transmitter transmits on so I can add it to the rules sheet?

Tom

Like I siad in the other thread, 91.1. ;)

Tex Arcana
08-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Okay, folks, her's the directions...

From US75 (Central Expressway):

Go north (or south, if you're north of McKinney), and exit State Highway 380. Turn west (left if from south, right if from north); you'll pass two stoplights, both in front of the Raytheon plant--keep going.

You'll see the road narrow down from 3 lanes each way to 2, the left lane going to turn-only--keep going.

From the narrowing, you'll go down into a small valley, with a flea market to your right; when you come up out of the valley, at the very top of the hilll you'll see an Allstate office, a realty office, and a Wells Brothers Feed store, and a left turn lane between them. That street is Meadow Ranch Road, turn left there, and head down the hill. At the bottom, just before the bend (the road is shaped like a "J"), is a yellow Victorian house, and that be it. :tu:

If you overshoot the left, pull a u-turn at Lake Forest/FM1451 (there's a Diamond Shamrock on the corner), and come back to it.

If you're coming from WEST of McKinney, on 380: keep your eyes peeled for Lake Forest Rd/FM1461 stoplight; there is a Diamond Shamrock on the corner. The very next street, between the blue road sign and another, again look for the Wells Brothers feed store and the Allstate sign, and turn AFTER the Wells Brothers sign and BEFORE the Allstate sign.

Please try to arrive here no later than 2:30, I'd like to be on the road no later than 3.

Make sure you bring a small cooler with water and nonalcoholic beverages, it's gonna be a hot one.

HERE'S (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=1800+Meadow+Ranch+Rd+&csz=Mckinney+TX+&Get%A0Map=Get+Map) a map, if y'all would prefer it. IF you get lost, or are running late, call me at 214-385-8547.

See y'all tomorrow!!

AFSVT01
08-27-2005, 08:59 AM
i know im new and all but i will be there. i might be a little ealier than some people because im coming from abilene so im leaving a little early, but if you dont mind id like to convoy it to TMS. thanks

-matt

tliss
08-27-2005, 09:02 AM
i know im new and all but i will be there. i might be a little ealier than some people because im coming from abilene so im leaving a little early, but if you dont mind id like to convoy it to TMS. thanks

-matt

If you're coming from Abiliene I'd meet up with the convoy coming from Arlington. This convoy is going to be way out of your way. (an hour east of TMS). Just an FYI.

See you there! :tu:

Tom

AFSVT01
08-27-2005, 09:22 AM
wheres the one in arlington meeting at? i didnt know there was on from arlington that would be alot closer.

nevermind i just saw the thread. :hammer: