PDA

View Full Version : W00T!!1!!1one I DONE GOT IT!!!

Tex Arcana
09-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Yep, it's HERE!! Now, to decide what to do! :confused:

Here it be:

http://tinypic.com/dmb7gz.jpg

Now, what I want to do is: get Ronald to log a variety of driving withi his AutoTap (he sed he would), then hit a dyno and run a baseline (maybe with the AT running as well), upload the new tune, then repeat the dyno; then do the same "variety driving" logs. No other changes but the tune.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Im open to all.

And thanks bigtime to Dana, who made this all possible! :tu:

PoorSvtman
09-10-2005, 05:31 PM
i need a dyno run... if i can get a few more peeps to do sum pulls i can get mike to do a dyno day.

dboat
09-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Tex,
just plug it in a play for a while.. then when you are ready to dyno, plug it back in, take it back to stock, go dyno, then go back to tuned.. or just leave it at tuned, dyno, go back to stock, dyno again.. see the difference. then you will definitely go back to tuned.. its all fun and only takes a few minutes. These things are great...
Terry set me up with a SCT X2 and I just uploaded some new programs today. Terry fixed my shift issue and all is good with the world again.. Thanks to Terry..
Dana

Tex,
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I did.. it was worth every penny and you got it for 25% of the cost that I paid for it... :beer:

Just do it...
Dana

Tex Arcana
09-10-2005, 10:45 PM
i need a dyno run... if i can get a few more peeps to do sum pulls i can get mike to do a dyno day.
Sounds good.. do you need Terry to help you tune, or do you do it yourself?

Ronald and I will do a series of runs with the Autotap to log the baslines, 0-30, 0-60, 0-100, maybe 0-140, then some regular drving around in traffic for normal driving. Then I want to dyno the before and after tunes, then repeat the autotap runs (tho I cna do those after the tune, like Dana suggested).

PoorSvtman
09-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Im going to just get a base line for some new mods... I dont have a tuner.. I dont race enought to see the need to buy one yet.

Tex Arcana
09-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Okay, an update:

Went to Ronald's this afternoon, to run a baseline AutoTap log (sorry Ronald, gotta say that software SUCKS!! They should be SHOT for that!), upload the tune, per Dan's suggestion, and run another log. We managed the first run, 0-120, with full datalogging; but when we did the after-tune run, the damn laptop died right before I launched, so I have no idea what the real performance gains will be.

But, of course, there *is* the butt-dyno, and it sez WOOOOHOO!!! :tu::tu::tu: And it sez there's a definite power gain, it's faster to 120, and it shifts MUCH better without feeling like PoorSVTMan's slambox does ;) I din'dt mess with any of the adjustable things, jsut trying out the default program, and then logging it when I get the chance to see how it does.

Again, big thanks to Dana, who made this possible. Thanks Ronald for the Autotap, despite my disdain for it (better'n nothing I suppose).

Anyone have any thoughts?

PoorSvtman
09-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Reason mine shifts like that is because I have a Factory Tech Valve body...

dboat
09-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Tex,
glad you like it :tu: It was good for me with just the default setting right out of the box.. just drive it and enjoy it..
Dana

Tex Arcana
09-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Tex,
glad you like it :tu: It was good for me with just the default setting right out of the box.. just drive it and enjoy it..
Dana

I am enjoying it... now to get the Autotap info and post it up, and dyno it.