PDA

View Full Version : Firewood hook-up

SpeedyBolt
09-25-2005, 10:24 PM
I know it's early but I was just wondering if anybody has a hook-up this year for some firewood. I know Jeff had some at his parents last year, maybe there is still some to be had. I am more than willing to haul, cut or whatever I just really don't want to have to pay nine prices for it like I did last year.

Thanks in advance,
Billy

my2002lightning
09-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Billy,

How far you willing to travel? North of the Red River?

Ronald

SpeedyBolt
09-26-2005, 10:46 AM
How far north are we talking?

wesman
09-26-2005, 08:44 PM
I'd be interested as well.

--wes

my2002lightning
09-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Just north of the Red east of Durant, OK. A college friend of mine runs his Dad's ~1,000+ acre cattle ranch now with tons of oak timber in creek bottom-lands. I called him this evening to inquire, but they just had child #3 recently.

Moonshine,

They sell reasonably priced deer leases that have harvested NICE 8-10 ptrs. I'm looking to "expand my range".:cool:

SpeedyBolt
09-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah, if a couple of us guy's want to go that would help in the fuel expense and labor. I would supply the truck if someone else has a trailer. I have a crew cab F350 so it could hold a bunch of people.

Thanks Ronald, keep us posted...

wesman
09-27-2005, 09:51 PM
What sort of trailer do we need? I'd be interested in going in on it. I could borrow Damon's trailer, but we'd likely need to make some adjustments to it (Add plywood etc) as it's an unenclosed car hauler.

--wes

my2002lightning
09-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I spoke with Andrew this evening at length. He and his father are open to firewood and deer-leases, although.... I've got the prime-spot!:D

SpeedyBolt
09-28-2005, 02:50 PM
What sort of trailer do we need? I'd be interested in going in on it. I could borrow Damon's trailer, but we'd likely need to make some adjustments to it (Add plywood etc) as it's an unenclosed car hauler.

--wes

Wes,
I'm not sure that we would need a trailer because the back of my dually would hold alot of wood but I was just thinking on the incase it would be could to have one...

Ronald,
How are the pickings for the wood and how much are they gonna want for it?
Thanks agian for doing the leg work!! :beer:

wesman
09-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Well, I just want to be sure to get enough. If I make the trip way up there, I'd like it to be worth my time. ie. a couple cord worth if possible

--wes

my2002lightning
09-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Wes/Billy,

PM sent with Andrew's contact info. for you two to discuss directly with him.

Ronald

PoorSvtman
09-28-2005, 08:48 PM
if you guys wait when i go to a few job sites theres tons of trees cut down in a huge pile... Im sure its free. Guy was out there the other day cutting it up at a site in burleson.

If i find some good stuff ill let you all know

slick-svt
09-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Hey I live in ft worth area and have a tree thats pretty much cut up in my moms back yard, I cut it down because the city was bitchin. Anyone interested let me know I'm tired of looking at it.

SpeedyBolt
09-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey I live in ft worth area and have a tree thats pretty much cut up in my moms back yard, I cut it down because the city was bitchin. Anyone interested let me know I'm tired of looking at it.

Where are you in Ft.worth? I'm interested. Aprox. how big is the tree? Enough for more than one person?

Mike, keep us updated. That sounds like a pretty good source for wood..

We could just make an event of it all just driving around picking up fire-wood. Anybody else besides me and Wes interested in going in on the trip?

Thanks agian Ronald, I'll contact him as soon as I can.

slick-svt
09-29-2005, 12:33 PM
I live in the west side of ft worth, the River Oaks area. Its a pretty big more than a pick up load, I use some of the small stuff for my smoker when I have time. But there is some big stuff- eat your wheates. I'll be around here on Sat. but I'll be gone Sun.

SpeedyBolt
09-29-2005, 02:28 PM
I live in the west side of ft worth, the River Oaks area. Its a pretty big more than a pick up load, I use some of the small stuff for my smoker when I have time. But there is some big stuff- eat your wheates. I'll be around here on Sat. but I'll be gone Sun.
Cool, I'm very familiar with that area. PM me your info(phone# and address) and I'll see if we can get something together.

wesman
09-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Cool, I'm very familiar with that area. PM me your info(phone# and address) and I'll see if we can get something together.

I'm down as well....I'm good for some labor :)

I don't have a chainsaw tho....maybe this is my excuse to buy one

I like finding reasons to buy new tools :)

--wes

wesman
10-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Any word on wood ?

--wes

slick-svt
10-16-2005, 04:55 PM
I still have some over here, my brother's friend took some but there is still alot left. Its FREE so if anyone wants it come on over and get

wesman
10-16-2005, 06:27 PM
I still have some over here, my brother's friend took some but there is still alot left. Its FREE so if anyone wants it come on over and get

Can you shoot me a PM with the address and a good time to pick some up ?

--wes

slick-svt
10-16-2005, 08:02 PM
pm sent

SpeedyBolt
10-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Ooops, I forgot to get back with you on that. A guy here in Whitney gave me a bunch, more than I'll use in two years, so I hadn't thought much about it. Thanks for the offer. Wes if you need any help just hollar and I'm down.