09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Since nobody can help me on my tranny problem...:mad:
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9512

can anyone provide some input on a SVT worthy transmission shop?:o

thanks;)

km

kirkmears
10-09-2005, 07:40 PM
these problems resulted in a tranny rebuild. contact me if you're interested in the details. still in the shop though...

($1900)
24M/24k warranty
we shall see...:cool:

km

(and i still have the grey box behind the seat if anyone wants it)

Alpine
10-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Terry builds the best transmissions in the area in my opinon. Why didnt you go to him for a tranny?

kirkmears
10-10-2005, 04:52 PM
did you bother reading the whole message i posted?:confused:

perhaps because nobody responded to my first OR SECOND post when i was trying to get help with this matter.:mad: :mad:

what's done is done and i am paying dearly for my actions.:hammer:

unfortunately, your post is a couple weeks too late, but now i at least know who the subject matter expert would be...and for that, i thank you.

an update on my tranny (after picking it up and returning it within an hour)...:crying:
mechanic still doesn't know why overdrive & reverse suddenly stopped working. he said it might be an electrical issue w/ the OD wires in the column shifter, but didn't rule out valve body problem. he said he's driven it the past two days w/o a problem, so hopefully i'll get it back tomorrow, only to never have to worry about it again.

kirk out.

Alpine
10-10-2005, 05:22 PM
unfortunately, your post is a couple weeks too late, but now i at least know who the subject matter expert would be...and for that, i thank you.

kirk out.All I did was answer your own question in the first post. You asked about an SVT worthy transmission shop. :bs You dont have to come on hear and get ugly to me for a mistake you made. I didnt read your post and you have been on this board long enough to know where to take your truck without someone telling you. Unfortunately, you didnt do research on this board to find out where to take your truck. Get any references from the shop you took it to? Have you never read any of Terrys feedback from other people? Many people choose not to use Terry for reasons I dont know and then after their truck is messed up they realize they should have went to him in the beginning. I just asked a simple question why you didnt go to Terry and you have to be a smart a$$. Maybe thats why nobody helped you because you are a smarta$$.

jcblack
10-10-2005, 05:25 PM
:bs You dont have to come on hear and get ugly to me for a mistake you made. I didnt read your post and you have been on this board long enough to know where to take your truck without someone telling you. Unfortunately, you didnt do research on this board to find out on your where to take your truck. Get any references from the shop you took it to? Have you never read any of Terrys feedback from other people? Many people choose not to use Terry for reasons I dont know and then after their truck is messed up they realize they should have went to him in the beginning. I just asked a simple question why you didnt go to Terry and you have to be a smart a$$. Maybe thats why nobody helped you because you are a smarta$$.

100% agreed. Everyone on Talon knows about Terry. The decision to take it to him is up to you.

bobbywade69
10-10-2005, 06:25 PM
I 2nd that also!! Terry rebuilt mine and its still going strong 2 years and 35k miles and over 200 drag passes and still going strong like the day it was rebuilt!!:tu: Mr.T is tha man!!:banana:

All I did was answer your own question in the first post. You asked about an SVT worthy transmission shop. :bs You dont have to come on hear and get ugly to me for a mistake you made. I didnt read your post and you have been on this board long enough to know where to take your truck without someone telling you. Unfortunately, you didnt do research on this board to find out on your where to take your truck. Get any references from the shop you took it to? Have you never read any of Terrys feedback from other people? Many people choose not to use Terry for reasons I dont know and then after their truck is messed up they realize they should have went to him in the beginning. I just asked a simple question why you didnt go to Terry and you have to be a smart a$$. Maybe thats why nobody helped you because you are a smarta$$.

dboat
10-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Heck, I drove my truck to Dallas so that Terry could work on it.. I shudder at the thought of anyone else doing any kind of substantial work on it..
Terry is da man..

kirkmears
10-11-2005, 11:41 AM
All I did was answer your own question in the first post. You asked about an SVT worthy transmission shop. :bs You dont have to come on hear and get ugly to me for a mistake you made. I didnt read your post and you have been on this board long enough to know where to take your truck without someone telling you. Unfortunately, you didnt do research on this board to find out where to take your truck. Get any references from the shop you took it to? Have you never read any of Terrys feedback from other people? Many people choose not to use Terry for reasons I dont know and then after their truck is messed up they realize they should have went to him in the beginning. I just asked a simple question why you didnt go to Terry and you have to be a smart a$$. Maybe thats why nobody helped you because you are a smarta$$.

I didn't get ugly with you, i actually thanked you Alpine (there's that reading issue again...)

...and that was a smarta$$ response

how was i supposed to know Terry was a tranny rebuilder?> I only made two posts asking for help. everyone but me apparently knows Terry is the one stop shop for lightnings...but i do now.
I occasionally, not regularly, use this forum... i drive the ford as my daily driver and use it to pull my chevy to the race track. it would appear that i've offended some panzies on this form by getting frustrated that nobody responded to my multiple requests for assistance. i apparently have higher expectations for this forum than what i should.

my appologies to anyone offended by my posts.

bobbywade69 & dboat...many thanks for your simple input.

jcblack
10-11-2005, 08:23 PM
i apparently have higher expectations for this forum than what i should.

That is not a very cool statement considering that you have been a part of this forum for about 3 years and you are still not a Supporting Member. Higher expectations:rll:thats funny.

tiffo60
10-11-2005, 08:39 PM
That is not a very cool statement considering that you have been a part of this forum for about 3 years and you are still not a Supporting Member. Higher expectations:rll:thats funny.

knana

03LightningRocks
10-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Since nobody can help me on my tranny problem...:mad:
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9512

can anyone provide some input on a SVT worthy transmission shop?:o

thanks;)

km

Terry(L8Apex) would be my choice for sure....:tu: .

OOps...I see someone already told you that...

kirkmears
10-11-2005, 11:02 PM
my concept of support would be to ask the users on this forum to recommed me somebody that is known on this forum and give them my business.

trust me...i would have been much happier to give Terry my $2,000 than somebody else.

if i had to donate money to be a member of every website i belong to, i'd have to sell brake rotors on ebay to support that kind of habit.

by gones...geesh:burnout:

i'm just happy to have my truck back :)

Silver_2000
10-12-2005, 06:59 AM
In rereading your original post you didnt ask where to take it you asked whats wrong.
whats the deal:confused: You described symptoms that in the 5 or more years of reading hundreds of thousands of threads and traveling all over the country racing and taking pictures of racing in these trucks I have never heard or seen before - So I didnt respond.

There is no connection between making a donation and getting support.

Either the question was simply overlooked or was worded in a way that simply didnt elicit responses quickly. The folks here are VERY helpful. I understand you are upset that your truck is hurt and that you maybe didnt make the right choice first time BUT dont get bent out of shape
about whether or not you got a response here and what that means. I think you got stuck between bad timing and describing a problem none of us have seen before.

my $0.02