PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Diabetes Walk for Cure this weekend

Silver_2000
09-28-2005, 02:28 PM
This Sat is the JDRF Walk for the cure.
In case you didnt know I have been diabetic since the 80s
Diabetes is getting so prevalent that it will touch everyone in some way eventually.

Im going to be helping with the back end stuff at the Collin county walk ths Sat.
Ill actually be at the bank helping to tally the results.knana

You can join the talon team and or make a donation here
http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=86239115

It would be great if TALON members could help out in some way.
Thanks in advance
Doug

PoorSvtman
09-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Ill come out if i dont have to work

my2002lightning
09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Doug,

Can we contribute via PayPal?

Ronald

Silver_2000
09-28-2005, 09:15 PM
don't think they take paypal

I'd love to see any of you out there but - remeber I won't be walking - ill be helping tally $ at the bank
call me and we can meet after for lunch

Silver_2000
09-28-2005, 09:18 PM
BIG thanks to the folks who have already helped
means a GREAT deal to me
thanks again

Mark #2
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
This Sat is the JDRF Walk for the cure.
In case you didnt know I have been diabetic since the 80s
Diabetes is getting so prevalent that it will touch everyone in some way eventually.

Im going to be helping with the back end stuff at the Collin county walk ths Sat.
Ill actually be at the bank helping to tally the results.knana

You can join the talon team and or make a donation here
http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=86239115

It would be great if TALON members could help out in some way.
Thanks in advance
Doug

I support through TI.
Mark

03LightningRocks
09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Doug,

Can we contribute via PayPal?

Ronald

Man...having credit problems really sucks, doesn't it? I remember back when I didn't have any credit cards either. That was around 12-15 years ago and we didn't have pay pal. There was a couple times I was just sh!t out of luck. It took me awhile, but I got my "poop in a group" by paying all my bills on time.

Good luck buddy, let me know if I can help out with any advice on credit problems...:tu: .

Rocks:beer:

98Cobra
09-29-2005, 11:30 AM
In Ronald's defense, I dont carry a credit card either. Well, I do - my Exxon card. But thats about it.

03LightningRocks
09-29-2005, 12:08 PM
In Ronald's defense, I dont carry a credit card either. Well, I do - my Exxon card. But thats about it.

I understand. Many people have credit problems....I am well aware that Ronald isn't the only one.

98Cobra
09-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Um, no? I get offers all the time, and they go straight in the trash. I just dont need one. I got rid of my Discover, Visa, etc long ago.

03LightningRocks
09-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Um, no? I get offers all the time, and they go straight in the trash. I just dont need one. I got rid of my Discover, Visa, etc long ago.

Yeah that's pretty cool. But those secured credit cards always have catches. I probably would throw offers for them away too.

my2002lightning
09-29-2005, 06:42 PM
WTH ?!? FYI, I only have 1 payed-off credit-card by choice and that was for when I NEEDED it for expense reimbursements flying all over the country for IT work. Credit and/or income isn't an issue and we throw away cc app's. all the time. :) Paypal was just more convenient to contribute to Doug's cause.

Hell, Elaine and I were pre-approved for a $400K home recently, but we didn't do it b/c we don't want a big house payment.

Anyway, entertaining assumption on your part, Uncle Rocks.
Ronald :beer:

Man...having credit problems really sucks, doesn't it? I remember back when I didn't have any credit cards either. That was around 12-15 years ago and we didn't have pay pal. There was a couple times I was just sh!t out of luck. It took me awhile, but I got my "poop in a group" by paying all my bills on time.

Good luck buddy, let me know if I can help out with any advice on credit problems...:tu: .

dboat
09-29-2005, 07:20 PM
WTH ?!? FYI, I only have 1 payed-off credit-card by choice and that was for when I NEEDED it for expense reimbursements flying all over the country for IT work. Credit and/or income isn't an issue and we throw away cc app's. all the time. :) Paypal was just more convenient to contribute to Doug's cause.

Hell, Elaine and I were pre-approved for a $400K home recently, but we didn't do it b/c we don't want a big house payment.

ok, I will be impressed when you have the $400k home paid off, not just approved for.. :banana:

03LightningRocks
09-29-2005, 07:49 PM

:evil

03LightningRocks
09-29-2005, 07:50 PM
ok, I will be impressed when you have the $400k home paid off, not just approved for.. :banana:

:cool:

03LightningRocks
09-29-2005, 08:09 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 146 views???? Come on folks...............this is a pretty decent cause. Ten bucks to help diabetes research. Heck....most folks here probably drop that much on lunches everyday.

They are right on the edge of finding a cure. Let's help them out...:banana: .

P.S. Ronald...in case you haven't figured it out yet...I was just yanking your chain. I didn't expect to get to mess with Garret too. That was what is known as a twofer. :throw:

my2002lightning
09-29-2005, 10:17 PM
I figured you were just pulling my hind-leg. :tongue:

It's all good! :tu:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 146 views???? Come on folks...............this is a pretty decent cause. Ten bucks to help diabetes research. Heck....most folks here probably drop that much on lunches everyday.

They are right on the edge of finding a cure. Let's help them out...:banana: .

P.S. Ronald...in case you haven't figured it out yet...I was just yanking your chain. I didn't expect to get to mess with Garret too. That was what is known as a twofer. :throw:

Silver_2000
10-03-2005, 07:23 AM
The Walk was a success - They collected $116,000 in Colin County and I think about 150% of that at the White Rock event . That doesnt include all the corporate donations, matching donations or the Online donations

TALON and freinds has collected $1130 !!! Thats Awesome !!!

Thanks
Doug

L8 APEX
10-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Can we still give? I was snowed this wekeend and didn't take the time, sorry. Even though I lost all my stuff this weekend I will still help what I can:tu: .

L8 APEX
10-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I found it were at 1180 now:cool: .