PDA

View Full Version : Service Engine Light on.. But no codes thrown

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-09-2005, 02:35 PM
I dont understand this, this has happened twice. My service engine soon light came on again today, but my predator is showing no trouble codes. I cleared it once about a month ago and thought it was a fluke or something, but its back today. The only thing I can think is that its from the cats removed???? I wouldnt think that would throw a code...I dunno.

Any suggestions? I need to find whats throwing the light on so I can fix it. :(

WA 2 FST
10-09-2005, 03:49 PM
If the light is staying on, then a simple code scanner can read it for you. The Predator is supposed to be able to read the codes, I know. ???

The lack of cats will throw a code unless you have something programmed into your Predator that "turns off" the signal from the rear O2 sensors.

If you want to make the drive out to Allen, I'll be happy to hook up my code scanner to read the code(s).

Silver_2000
10-09-2005, 04:12 PM
If wes is too far - just let me know - ill throw the NGS Scanner in the truck and you can meet me at work in irving.

Doug

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-09-2005, 04:36 PM
If wes is too far - just let me know - ill throw the NGS Scanner in the truck and you can meet me at work in irving.

Doug

Thanks Doug and Wes, Irving is a little closer to me than Allen. I dont know why the predator isn't reading the codes. Tell me when and where doug i'll work around your schedule. Also Maybe it is the rear O2's throwing it. I can turn those off with the predator.

03LightningRocks
10-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks Doug and Wes, Irving is a little closer to me than Allen. I dont know why the predator isn't reading the codes. Tell me when and where doug i'll work around your schedule. Also Maybe it is the rear O2's throwing it. I can turn those off with the predator.

The rear O2's will throw a code, but your predator should read it. By the way...if you have already cleared it, I don't believe most scanners will tell you what happened.

Rocks

PoorSvtman
10-09-2005, 06:42 PM
go to any local autozone and they can scan it for free as well.

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-09-2005, 11:20 PM
The rear O2's will throw a code, but your predator should read it. By the way...if you have already cleared it, I don't believe most scanners will tell you what happened.

Rocks

I cleared it the first time a month or so ago, it popped back on today. Thanks for all the help

L8 APEX
10-09-2005, 11:26 PM
It may just be a code not in the data base of your Predator. The NGS would likely find it.