PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Tires

lenard_hester
10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I am looking for some replacement tires for my truck. I have inspection coming up, and the tires I have on the rear will not pass inspection (I have wire showing) I was going to check here to see if anyone has a pair (2) of tires that they are not using that they would be willing to let go of for cheap. I don't really care too much about brand or anything so long as they have some good treadlife left, and no cracks, tar, patches, ect. The best price I have been able to find on new tires is $160, and I am trying to go a lot less than that. PM me if you have anything sitting around gathering dust.

PoorSvtman
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
tires arent cheap for these trucks no matter what. Dont be cheap with something like tires. Hell i paid 200 a peice for 4 nittos and i mounted and ballanced them suckers my self to save a few bucks.

PUMP
10-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Back in June, I bought a pair of slightly used MT slicks fro a guy in Joshua (south of Ft Worth). He had sold his L and also was trying to sell a set (4 tires) of used F1s. I looked at them and didnt feel the quoted price was all that great. My recolection is that tires had about 15% tread left. They were advertised on Ebay and did not sell. I do not have phone number, but do have E-mail address.
primitivecrazy@aol.com YOu might drop a line and see if there still available. IF so after 4 months, he may be willing to come way down in price. Worth a shot to ask.

lenard_hester
10-21-2005, 07:18 AM
PoorSVTMan, Believe me, I know what you are talking about. I was mainly just looking for a stop-gap for the time being. The only reason I was looking is because my front tires still have a lot of life in them, and I was going to try to get something to hold me over for a while, and then replace all 4 tires at the same time.

PUMP, Thanks, I may try to contact him.

Silver_2000
10-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Back in June, I bought a pair of slightly used MT slicks fro a guy in Joshua (south of Ft Worth). He had sold his L and also was trying to sell a set (4 tires) of used F1s. I looked at them and didnt feel the quoted price was all that great. My recolection is that tires had about 15% tread left. They were advertised on Ebay and did not sell. I do not have phone number, but do have E-mail address. YOu might drop a line and see if there still available. IF so after 4 months, he may be willing to come way down in price. Worth a shot to ask.

used tires with 15% tread ? they wouldnt be worth much more than the cost to get them mounted and balanced...

Im my opinion

lenard_hester
10-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh, I assumed he meant they were 15% used. You are right though, 15% tread is no better than almost worn out.

PUMP
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
My opinion also. Lenard's original thread said he wanted them to pass State inspection, so I just thought I mention it and leave the rest up to him.