PDA

View Full Version : 9 sec pass inside camera view

tiffo60
10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
http://www.twinjy.com/videos/bpa960incar.wmvknana

this video is the baddest incar video i have seen yet and it was done at the track down in temple

StormShadow
10-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Damn that looks like fun!

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Sweet! knana

LS1 Eater
10-26-2005, 01:27 PM
There are a few more videos out of sicks car with jason driving. You need to hear the car in persion when he is shifting. Most people think the car is proshifted but its just a TKO.

gagspa
10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Those trees are awfully close to the track, especially at 140ish mph.

PoorSvtman
10-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Looks like the view i had sitting shotgun in my friends stang... Its real close to a 9sec car.

03LightningRocks
10-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Cool Video:tu: . But I would have to agree about the distance from the lights to the track. Maybe it is an optical illusion or something. They do look close though...almost like a street race.

Rocks:bows

my2002lightning
10-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Whoa! :bows

FRDRCING
10-26-2005, 10:07 PM
That's a cool video:bows

True Blue Aggie
10-26-2005, 10:28 PM
First....the trees and guardrail are that close to the track, and yes you did see a bridge over the track at about 500 foot. Hope ya'll are ready for some close safety features when we go there in December.

Second....the video shown looks to me as if he only made a 1/8th mile pass. I could be wrong, but looking at where the bridge is in the video, compared to where the stands and finish line are.....he ended up letting off just past the 1/8th mile marker.

03LightningRocks
10-26-2005, 11:17 PM
First....the trees and guardrail are that close to the track, and yes you did see a bridge over the track at about 500 foot. Hope ya'll are ready for some close safety features when we go there in December.

Second....the video shown looks to me as if he only made a 1/8th mile pass. I could be wrong, but looking at where the bridge is in the video, compared to where the stands and finish line are.....he ended up letting off just past the 1/8th mile marker.

I need pics of this Michael. Then I can determine if this track is going to be a problem.

LS1 Eater
10-27-2005, 02:02 AM

No it was a full 1/4 miles pass. I will look for the out of car video of that pass.

liteitup
10-27-2005, 07:57 AM
here's some daylight vids at TAD

http://homepage.mac.com/dinkel/iMovieTheater30.html

It's a little claustrophobic the 1st pass esp if you're used to racing at places like Ennis.

WA 2 FST
10-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I raced at temple years ago. Anything in the 9s is crazy fast there b/c the shut-down is short. Worst case is you have to steer and veer to the left and up onto the 2-lane highway.

Of course, I'm used to tracks like the Motorplex in Ennis or HRP down in Baytown... 2 of the best dragstrips in the entire country.

BTW, that is _darn_ good driving!! :) Hats off to him.

Sixpipes
10-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Yikes! That place looks scary. :eek:

True Blue Aggie
10-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Its not that big a deal....The track is actually kinda nice with the layout being the way it is.

liteitup
10-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Can't be absolutely sure, but I think this is another view of that 9 sec pass at TAD

http://media.putfile.com/JohnTAD/wide (http://media.putfile.com/JohnTAD/wide)

my buddy's white vert goes 9.48 at 143

03LightningRocks
10-27-2005, 07:43 PM
So what would you folks think of getting Hallsville opened for a day of racing?

If this could be accomplished, I would rather be at Hallsville than this "street track" in Temple.

It is a serious question..........if Hallsville where to become available....would we be going there?

WA 2 FST
10-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Having raced at both venues on several occasions over the last decade... I'd rank Hallsville ahead of TAD any time, any day.

Just my honest opinion.

03LightningRocks
10-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Can't be absolutely sure, but I think this is another view of that 9 sec pass at TAD

http://media.putfile.com/JohnTAD/wide (http://media.putfile.com/JohnTAD/wide)

my buddy's white vert goes 9.48 at 143

That vet wheely vid is some cool stuff. Damn...I started to think he was going to take it all the way down the track...:d . Did that mess up his rear bumper...it looked like it had to scrape the ground.

Rocks:tu: :tu: :tu:

qwikstang
10-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Having raced at both venues on several occasions over the last decade... I'd rank Hallsville ahead of TAD any time, any day.

Just my honest opinion.

I believe Hallsville is closed down.

WA 2 FST
10-28-2005, 08:13 AM
I believe Hallsville is closed down.

What happened?

L8 APEX
10-28-2005, 09:40 AM
I thought it had to do with the recent shooting death out there. I am not sure if they recently changed ownership or such..

gagspa
10-28-2005, 10:30 AM
The owner says that it had nothing at all to do with the shooting, although I don't believe it. He says that the cost for the track prep materials skyrocketed by about 50%. Combine that with low attendance and paying a crew and he probably wasn't making much money. He says that he is unsure if he will reopen in the spring or not. He will know by mid January.

WA 2 FST
10-28-2005, 03:26 PM
gagspa, thanks for the info. Wow that stinks. I don't get to race but 1-2x a year anymore anyway, but that was the only place I enjoyed going. Friday nights at Ennis are a joke.

03LightningRocks
10-28-2005, 08:50 PM
The owner says that it had nothing at all to do with the shooting, although I don't believe it. He says that the cost for the track prep materials skyrocketed by about 50%. Combine that with low attendance and paying a crew and he probably wasn't making much money. He says that he is unsure if he will reopen in the spring or not. He will know by mid January.

Thanks for the offer to try to help out with the Hallsville situation. As you may have seen from the other thread, I got shot out of the sky for the suggestion. Seems some of the fellers aren't real fond of Hallsville. I still like it, even if the track prep sucks at times. Then again, my forgiveness may have to do with the fact that I have seen all tracks prep for sh!t at one time or the other.

Anyway....your offer was appreciated.

Rocks:beer: