PDA

View Full Version : Need body shop advice

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, im close to start the body work on my 69 torino and I need a body expert to look it over or just someone who can point me in the right direction. I want to do the work myself, but will need a little know-how. I need a reputable place I can take it to get the paint shot.

I just need advice. Here is my weblink to my Torino project. The complete image gallery will give you an idea of the shape the body's in....far as "I" know. http://www.houseofdula.com/torinohome.html

microsuck
10-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I know a really good body shop in garland. They did great work at the lowest price in town. Its just off of 78 and castle. Its actually on 1st street, one block north of castle. Its called like "Garland Body Shop" or something generic like that.

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah someone replied! Thanks Andrew, My trucks about to hit 70K. Runs better than ever. Heard you sold the Vette too, you enjoying the boat?.

Oh yeah I just got a pair of slicks for the L.

microsuck
10-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh, its seen slicks before ;). Thats awesome thats its still kickin hard. Here's a big shout-out to all those haters that said it would blow up at 40k. Boo-yah. Yep, the vette is gone, I sold it on ebay. It went for $17,006.01. The guy flew in from florida and drove it back. Apparently he got into ALOT of trouble with the law in the way back. Ended up in jail and just now got the car out of the impoud. I was kind of upset at him for treating the car that way, but it is his, so I guess he can do whatever he wants with it. I'm loving the boat, and I'm about to buy another one. A BIG one. Sleeps 5. Going to be good times for sure. I sure would love to see the truck again. Give me holler if you are ever in richardson in the evenings.
Andrew

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Shoot me your number or email one more time, and we'll get together sometime and you can see your truck...or my truck. Also I meant to ask you, When I had my cats cut off at Terry's we were looking at the tranny and it has an '02 manufacture date on it....was it replaced at one point that you know? :cool:

microsuck
10-28-2005, 03:08 PM
well, when i bought it, it had 12,000 on it. and im pretty sure it was still on the original tranny. I know it wasnt replaced when i had it. The only thing tranny related that the dealership did was when i first got it, like 3 weeks into ownership, it started shifting funny and thew codes. the dealer looked at it and said that the tranny wiring harness had fallen onto the exhaust and melted through. but im pretty sure that all they replaced was the wiring harness. only thing tranny related i ever did was put the FTVB in it. my # is in PM. :)
Andrew

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I just cleared my inbox, my quota was full, shoot it to me again.

microsuck
10-28-2005, 03:21 PM
yours is still full, you pm me.