PDA

View Full Version : K&N FIPK or VOLANT

Svt-LightningGuy
10-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't know if I should go with the K&N's FIPK or the VOLANT system can anybody help me out?

Nuhklz
10-26-2005, 12:48 PM
I had a K&N and didn't like it.

I don't know if I should go with the K&N's FIPK or the VOLANT system can anybody help me out?

tiffo60
10-26-2005, 12:52 PM
i have volant and dont like it

BC Lightning
10-26-2005, 01:13 PM
most people go with the airaid kit, however since it is 75% closed off it pegs your MAF, Terry sells a 12" open filter that works great, thats the one I would go with. Just my .02

99WhiteBeast
10-26-2005, 01:28 PM
You can find either of those kits used and fairly cheap. There are at least a half dozen or so kits out there- its really a matter of personal preference (looks) as I don't believe one or the other will get you anymore gain.

Come out to the meeting next week and take a look at all the different options and see what you like.

An informed decision is your best bet:tu:

PoorSvtman
10-26-2005, 03:47 PM
most people go with the airaid kit, however since it is 75% closed off it pegs your MAF, Terry sells a 12" open filter that works great, thats the one I would go with. Just my .02

How dose it peg your maf if its 75% closed.. I though the only time it pegs out is when your sucking in to much air..

I had the air raid . Its a good system. It seals to the hood. I ran it for years with the front panel taken off... I just went to the new foam filter from chickenears for the bling effect.

tiffo60
10-26-2005, 03:50 PM
How dose it peg your maf if its 75% closed.. I though the only time it pegs out is when your sucking in to much air..

I had the air raid . Its a good system. It seals to the hood. I ran it for years with the front panel taken off... I just went to the new foam filter from chickenears for the bling effect.

thats something i would like to know too

L8 APEX
10-26-2005, 04:17 PM
When you box in the filter it greatly raises the velocity of the air and spikes MAF readings. A large open element filter is best. The fastest trucks around are running a basic 12" open element filter not boxes, ram crap scoops etc..

PoorSvtman
10-26-2005, 04:18 PM
When you box in the filter it greatly raises the velocity of the air and spikes MAF readings. A large open element filter is best. The fastest trucks around are running a basic 12" open element filter not boxes, ram crap scoops etc..

makes sense.

my2002lightning
10-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I ran the 12" open cone filter originally, but went to the AirRaid. The few times I drove the L in the rain, I noticed some water sprayed on the underside of the hood. I figured this wasn't a good thing. :hammer:

I'm happy with the AirRaid - no problems.

BC Lightning
10-26-2005, 07:32 PM

I heard it from T, that the only reason I knew

Mark #2
10-26-2005, 07:37 PM

I don't have any data to prove or dis-prove what L8 states.
I have run the Airaid with the front cover off and on and I haven't seen a difference in 1/4 mile times, but it makes sense.

L-Fever
10-27-2005, 07:16 AM
I think the 12" cone filter with the rubbermaid trash can mod is the ultimate setup!:rll:

04 RedApple
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
I have the K&N and have had great results!
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/MVC-032F.JPG

Avalanche
10-31-2005, 12:26 PM
I ran the volant yes I wasted my 250 bines. I hated it. I went back to a 12" open element filter and I noticed a difference in the way the truck ran on the street and at the track. I may have been as little as a.02 or so but I could feel the difference. IMOH I would not waste your money on the Voant setup.

Get with Terry he will hook you up and treat you right.

gagspa
10-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Who sells the open element, and how much does the setup cost? Is it really worth it?

Avalanche
10-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Get with Terry at Performance Research. He has a forum on this site he is good people and he will not sell you crap.