PDA

View Full Version : Look at what I got

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-28-2005, 09:45 AM
I cant wait to try these out. I also need traction bars...hopefully nothing will break on launch. Brant at discount tire hooked me up. I was expecting a cheaper looking wheel...but I like the Eagle mags, not bad :banana: Thanks for the help on tire / wheel size Terry.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1707&d=1130510929
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1709&d=1130511369

FRDRCING
10-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Lookin good, I just ordered a set and should be here next week:banana:

gagspa
10-28-2005, 10:26 AM
What was the total cost?

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-28-2005, 11:05 AM
What was the total cost?

The slicks went up in price a little bit. I paid 580 something for all of it w/ tax.

Mark #2
10-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Don't run them without T bars.IMHO.

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I dont want to break anything. I think I'll take your advice, as bad as I want to try em out. Any advice on Tbars?, I dont want lakewoods.

Mark #2
10-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I dont want to break anything. I think I'll take your advice, as bad as I want to try em out. Any advice on Tbars?, I dont want lakewoods.

If the truck is not lowered or a different exhaust, then the 58" bars that all tuners sell are the best.
Sixpipes and I have the Metco lowers(Roush suspension), and Rocks has the Metco uppers I believe.
I ran slappers for a while but did not like them.
Mark

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-29-2005, 09:01 PM
I have LT's and bassini, and a 2" rear drop. Are the 58" bars going to work? Also I know this might not be the smartest thing to do. But I really want to run tomorrow (if I can get Tbars) will the slappers at least keep anything from breaking? And what do the 58's usually go for....and ONE last question. Where can I get them for tomorrow night.

I know im asking alot. But im tired of looking at my slicks (they make the house smell good too :D , my garage door has issues)

BTW happy B-day!

Mark #2
10-29-2005, 09:16 PM
I have LT's and bassini, and a 2" rear drop. Are the 58" bars going to work? Also I know this might not be the smartest thing to do. But I really want to run tomorrow (if I can get Tbars) will the slappers at least keep anything from breaking? And what do the 58's usually go for....and ONE last question. Where can I get them for tomorrow night.

I know im asking alot. But im tired of looking at my slicks (they make the house smell good too :D , my garage door has issues)

BTW happy B-day!

Slappers will work.
No way to get 58" tomorrow unless Terry has them, and they will probably clear.
Pricing...search the vendors.
Thanks

BC Lightning
10-29-2005, 09:18 PM
If the truck is not lowered or a different exhaust, then the 58" bars that all tuners sell are the best.
Sixpipes and I have the Metco lowers(Roush suspension), and Rocks has the Metco uppers I believe.
I ran slappers for a while but did not like them.
Mark

Metco lowers here too :tu:

BLACKSUNSHINE
10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks for your advice guys. I'll go get the slappers just for tomorrow, and from what I'v researched tonight, I'll end up going with the JLP bars (rancho style) or the metco set-up. Personally the metco set-up looks like a nice set-up.

I'll PM Terry and see what he has.

-Mike

wesman
10-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Slappers will work.
No way to get 58" tomorrow unless Terry has them, and they will probably clear.
Pricing...search the vendors.
Thanks

They will work. I've got the 58's with the 2" shackles.

--wes

SILVER2000SVT
10-31-2005, 01:58 PM
I run the 58" traction bars with a 2/4 drop with full exhaust. I used to have a little problem with the right side hitting the exhaust, but we got the exhaust pushed up a little and no more problems.

wesman
11-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey Black, where did you get ahold of Brandt at ? At his old store? or the one he's at now in Ft Worth ?? I need some tires.

--wes

L8 APEX
11-01-2005, 12:14 AM
I have the bars in stock and they will clear any setup imagineable.

jeff56
11-01-2005, 01:11 AM
I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell Blacksunshine how much I appreciate his avatar and that I am truly a fan. I never tire of your posts. :tu: :)

BLACKSUNSHINE
11-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Thank you, thank you. I have to admit I dont know the girl. But any girl that would let me take pics of her in a racing seat topless is a fan of mine.

Oh by the way, screw the slapper bars, what a peice of junk (lakewoods) not to mention they wont fit w/ bassani, and half the bolts were and nuts were cross threaded. SO I didnt get to race, Terry has the T bars in stock but it will be a while till I can cough up 360.00 for em....Guess I'll have to look at the slicks for a while.

BLACKSUNSHINE
11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey Black, where did you get ahold of Brandt at ? At his old store? or the one he's at now in Ft Worth ?? I need some tires.

--wes

He's in S. Ft.Worth the Discount Tire off of Alta Mesa and McCart.

BLACKSUNSHINE
11-01-2005, 01:13 PM

I'll come pick them up soon as I can gather the cash, Thanks Terry.

FRDRCING
11-02-2005, 11:05 PM

I have the same LFP Bars and they clear my exhaust but not by much. I have 2" drop shackles in the rear. I do hear them hit the exhaust when I hit bumps in the road. Does not bother me as I know were most of them are around town by now and slow down over them now.