PDA

View Full Version : Dog Show

L8 APEX
11-19-2005, 08:07 PM
In reference to the SNL skit. Anyway, this place west of Abilene called US Tactical K9 www.ustk9.com (http://www.ustk9.com) gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. They had one of thier 4yr old males hips Xrayed. They are not up to stringent OFA standards for a working dog. So they were about to euthanize the dog since you just can't adopt out a working dog to any family. He is 4 years old just like Shadow was when I got him. And just as hard headed, lol. The handler that showed him to me had scars all over from training these high drive animals. I had survived Shadow with no scars but I am off to a bad start with this one:hammer: . He scored first blood tonight, I was working him a little too hard too soon. I figured what the hell they are going to have to put him down if I didn't try. It was a bit soon but maybe it will work out. Hey, what are the odds of me finding this situation, karma maybe. The vet says his hips are fine for a pet and better than American bred dogs. They are just not enough for active duty standards. He came with papers showing straight German lines way on back:bows . The breeder coudn't believe the hips weren't perfect. Oh well new old dog in the yard.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4965.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4968crop.JPG
A little love scratch.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4976crop.JPG

Tatom Mack
11-19-2005, 08:15 PM
good looking dog good luck with him:beer:

Ivanhoe_Farms
11-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Terry,

Good luck with the new dog!!!:tu:

Mika
11-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Terry, good luck dude:) I hope he brings you happiness.

Mika

dboat
11-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Fantastic News Terry. Hope it works out. What is his name? Since they were going to euthanize him, did you get him at a good price?

Also, you going to get this one a cool pad?

Dana

03LightningRocks
11-20-2005, 04:32 AM
Very Cool Dog. What do you mean by "working him"?

Rocksknana

gbgary
11-20-2005, 10:53 AM
congrats (for the dog, not the bite)...keep him away from the rebar.

FRDRCING
11-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Good Lookin Dog and hope he will be just as good a dog as shadow was

L8 APEX
11-20-2005, 09:06 PM
He was free as they were going to put him down if I didn't take him. You can't give aggressive dogs to family folks so they usually put the rejects down. As for what working is that is running the dog through their various commands. His is trained for obedience and protection. I was forcing him to do things too fast and he decided he didn't want to. You are suppose to use a muzzle when loading the dogs stress up for the first few times. I under estimated his dimeanor and got bit in the shoulder. He did a lot better today just takes time. Being 4 years old he is pretty set in his ways. His call name is Revo.

Moonshine
11-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Good looking dog. :tu: I hope it works out with him. Smarter folks than me have said that everything happens for a reason, so maybe this is a good sign. Hopefully, Reno is bright enough to figure out that you saved him from a date with the blue juice, and will treat you accordingly. :rolleyes:

QDRHRSE
11-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Did you bite him back? I swear that's what I would do. Considering that my dogs are the worst behaved animals on the face of the earth my input is worthless. I digress- congratulations on the new dog! Mine are like my kids and are consequently very spoiled. If I ask them to do anything other than come or sit they look at me like I'm high. I have taught them to go after each other though.....

03LightningRocks
11-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Did you bite him back? I swear that's what I would do. Considering that my dogs are the worst behaved animals on the face of the earth my input is worthless. I digress- congratulations on the new dog! Mine are like my kids and are consequently very spoiled. If I ask them to do anything other than come or sit they look at me like I'm high. I have taught them to go after each other though.....

I feel pretty sure you wouldn't want to bite that particular dog back. He might decide to eat your face off....:d .

Silver_2000
11-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven

A stubborn set in his ways dog with a stubborn set in his ways owner....:rll:

tiffo60
11-22-2005, 09:33 AM
great looking dog, good luck with the training:tu:

dboat
11-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Sounds like a match made in heaven

A stubborn set in his ways dog with a stubborn set in his ways owner....:rll:

:rll: