PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Chevy??

SILVER2000SVT
11-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm thinking of trading in the BMW and getting a Silverado. BMW is almost 7 years old and still owe a fair amount of money on it. By paying just a little more I could get a new car with a warranty. I can get a company discount to any of the big three. I was thinking about a truck because I would have something to tow the Lightning with if I needed to, and I wouldn't be using the Lightning as a work truck like I currently do sometimes. I'm not really fond of the new Ford truck design, and I like the dodges but they need to come into the 21st century. I like the Toyota's the best, but they don't have the good deals. The chevy's seem to have the best price right now. They have the new red tag deal, or with my supplier discount I can get a whopping $100 off the red tag price. My impression is that they won't deal off the red tag price, but they might deal on a trade in. Thoughts?

This is all just speculation right now.

No one ever accused me of being sane....:D

Wht95Lightning
11-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Noway! You should go drive a new Ford before you count them out. Mine is great. I'd say it's the best built truck I've ever owned.

BLACKSUNSHINE
11-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm thinking of trading in the BMW and getting a Silverado. BMW is almost 7 years old and still owe a fair amount of money on it. By paying just a little more I could get a new car with a warranty. I can get a company discount to any of the big three. I was thinking about a truck because I would have something to tow the Lightning with if I needed to, and I wouldn't be using the Lightning as a work truck like I currently do sometimes. I'm not really fond of the new Ford truck design, and I like the dodges but they need to come into the 21st century. I like the Toyota's the best, but they don't have the good deals. The chevy's seem to have the best price right now. They have the new red tag deal, or with my supplier discount I can get a whopping $100 off the red tag price. My impression is that they won't deal off the red tag price, but they might deal on a trade in. Thoughts?

This is all just speculation right now.

No one ever accused me of being sane....:D

I'v worked on too many silverados, and the crappy plastic interior will leave you unalbe to open the door from the inside in a couple of years and the vents locked in one position...not to mention your "lucky" if BOTH headlights / driving lights actually work. They suck IMO minus the motors. Not to mention, its a fugly looking truck, Chevy should lay off their entire design team and start from scratch, and get over the bar accross grill look the've had since Regan was president. I'd buy a RAM before a silverado...but like I said its my .02. I dont like the looks of the Titan but its suposed to be a pretty nice truck and the 5.6 is strong, same for the Yota's..I agree the new fords are kinda bla looking but they seem to be very solid.

Lyfisin
11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Keeping consistent with my previous posts, I'll say it's your money. Spend it on what you want. :)

I like Silverado's. I think they're a good looking truck, but I disagree on the F150. I like the looks of the new body style.

98Cobra
11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Ever notice how Tahoes, Suburbans, and Chevy/GMC trucks with the Daytime Running Lights almost always have one burned out? Its typically the driver's side if I remember correctly. You may have never noticed, but start watching, you will be surprised!

02BOLT
11-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I have an '04 F-150 FX4 Extended Cab. To me, it's a really nice looking truck (True Blue/ Dark Shadow Gray), and the interior is super pimp. The truck has a very solid feel, and is very comfortable. My only complaint is that it is underpowered for the weight. Damn thing weighs upwards of 6000 pounds, and 300 HP just doesn't cut the mustard. However, I don't remember the last time I thought one of my vehicles had enough power.:cool:

PoorSvtman
11-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Ever notice how Tahoes, Suburbans, and Chevy/GMC trucks with the Daytime Running Lights almost always have one burned out? Its typically the driver's side if I remember correctly. You may have never noticed, but start watching, you will be surprised!

Its true... I worked at chevy for 5 years.. They are good trucks but just not my taste. The interior quality is better than the past.

Jason if you have any questions my memory is still pretty fresh with chevy stuff. I can also point you in the way of a salesman that will work with you. Few friends bought truck from him.

SILVER2000SVT
11-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I would most definately figure out a way to turn the daytime running lights off, I hate those things. Dumbest idea ever, unless you are selling the replacement bulbs.

I would like to take a ride in the new Ford, I just cant get past how ugly they look IMO. I really don't like the interior either. CHevy has my favorite interior with all the cubby holes and what not. I like dodges exterior but they are monsters, slow, extremely poor gas mileage.

I just need somebody to slap some sense into me. What really brought this on is that I need to find some financing for the BMW, and the interest rates are crazy high and all over the placefor something that old even with excellent credit. I'm getting kinda frustrated looking, so I thought it would be easier to just sell it or trade it in and get something new with better terms. I'm just trying to avoid getting hosed by finance institutions.

Silver_2000
11-22-2005, 07:59 PM
not meaning to offend here but if you have a 7 year old car that you still owe "a fair amount of money on " you should consider sitting pat until you get out from under.... Maybe sell the BMW and save up some $$

My $0.02

SILVER2000SVT
11-22-2005, 08:17 PM
not meaning to offend here but if you have a 7 year old car that you still owe "a fair amount of money on " you should consider sitting pat until you get out from under.... Maybe sell the BMW and save up some $$

My $0.02

How dare you use logic:D

No really, Those are my top two options. I could very likely sell the car for what I paid for it back in March, and I could either just drive the Lightning and save on car payments and insurance or buy a beater for $3-5K cash. I really don't like having the Lightning as my only ride though. The thing I have to keep in mind is that you never come out ahead by trading vehicles no matter what you tell yourself, and that's kind of what I'm trying to do because I have new car syndrom for the moment. I guess worst case is that I get the used car loan and pay a little higher interest for a little while and try and pay it off early. The only crappy part to that is that I have the title free and clear for the moment and it's going to suck having to give it up, then I don't have as much freedom to sell or trade it quickly.

Moonshine
11-22-2005, 08:35 PM
The thing I have to keep in mind is that you never come out ahead by trading vehicles no matter what you tell yourself.

Precisely. :tu:

And ditto what Doug said.

tiffo60
11-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I would most definately figure out a way to turn the daytime running lights off, I hate those things. Dumbest idea ever, unless you are selling the replacement bulbs.

press the domelight overide button in and out 4 times they shut right off

Silver_2000
11-23-2005, 10:17 AM
How dare you use logic:D

Its a burden I live with every day :rll: :rll: :beer: :beer: