PDA

View Full Version : My night sucked....

True Blue Aggie
11-22-2005, 11:53 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC006591.JPG

This is the right front....

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00656.JPG

This is the right rear....

After i missed clipping the front end of the BMW 3 Series that pulled out in front of me on the 75 access road, the ass end of the truck came around on me just enough to start the fun time known as the "fishtale". Went left, right, left, right, back to the left and headed for the concrete wall next to 75. Corrected enough to miss the wall by 6 inches (as told by the one guy who stopped to check on me), and headed back to the right side of the 3 lane access. Got it straight enough for the entire right side of the truck to hit the curb on the right side of the road at the same time....Carnage is shown above.

Anyone know what options I have on finding two 2002 wheels for the truck. As you can tell, both are wasted. Luckly, the tires are fine, so no money spent there. Both tires suprisingly stayed filled enough that I limped it to NTB (Tre's ol stompin grounds) and the guys there helped me put the spare on the rear. Front right is still holding air (not sure how, but it got me home).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :bs Especially you ****head that was driving the 3 series....

Silver_2000
11-22-2005, 11:58 PM
glad you are ok

check Nloc and F150 classifieds

good luck

WA 2 FST
11-23-2005, 12:09 AM
I know that sucks bad, but it's just good to hear you're ok. Stuff happens...especially with the crappy drivers in DFW.

I would think finding a pair of wheels wouldn't be too difficult. Are they expensive if you go new from Ford? I remember the '99-00 wheels being fairly reasonable.

Tatom Mack
11-23-2005, 12:15 AM
damm :mad:

02BOLT
11-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Damn Mike, just glad you're OK bro. As bad as it was, it sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse. Fricking IDIOTS!:hammer:

Somebody around here is bound to have some stock wheels laying around somewhere. Be careful man, and have a good Thanksgiving.

Showtime
11-23-2005, 12:38 AM
<

QDRHRSE
11-23-2005, 12:39 AM
Look on EGAY. I see loose wheels all the time.

PoorSvtman
11-23-2005, 12:47 AM
If you need a extra spare tire to roll on till you find another rim you can come get mine.. Its a drive but you can use it as long as you need it.

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 01:06 AM
If you need a extra spare tire to roll on till you find another rim you can come get mine.. Its a drive but you can use it as long as you need it.

Same offer here. I am in Plano...it may be a little closer than Mike........call me Weds. morning and I can get it to you. I have two spares sitting in the garage.

Rocks

my2002lightning
11-23-2005, 01:44 AM
That sucks, Michael! Glad you're OK.

I'm walking on egg-shells everytime I pull the L out of the garage for a work-commute with all these idiot "drivers" out there.:cool:

Good luck in getting this resolved to your satisfaction!

Ronald

Aggie Mom
11-23-2005, 06:35 AM
I've got four 2004 rims I'd be willing to let you borrow until you can get your 2002's. That's is as long as you promise to stay off the curb. I'm off from Thursday to Sunday, so I can meet you half way if needed.

True Blue Aggie
11-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Anyone have any ideas on where I can buy wheels at? I called North Central this morning, and they have replacement wheels priced at $300+. Thats my fallback right now.....

Does NTB or Discount sell replacements?

StormShadow
11-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I looked up some wheels for you on NLOC.
Here are the links

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108032

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109014
4 01 wheels for $500 in Arkansas

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108677
Has 3 for sale $100 each

True Blue Aggie
11-23-2005, 10:28 AM
You sir are a badass......

Checking on the rims in CO right now. If he has three left, i'll probably get all three....

Silver_2000
11-23-2005, 10:30 AM
You sir are a badass......

Checking on the rims in CO right now. If he has three left, i'll probably get all three....

What ? I posted to check NLOC 10 posts ago and he is a badass ? Hmmm:mad:

next time Ill do the search for you ... LOL

Sixpipes
11-23-2005, 10:55 AM
What ? I posted to check NLOC 10 posts ago and he is a badass ? Hmmm:mad:

next time Ill do the search for you ... LOL

You are bada$$. Your customer service just sucks. :D

True Blue Aggie
11-23-2005, 11:09 AM

:rll:

Sorry Doug....It was early this morning, and I had forgotten about your previously posted wisdom....

Silver_2000
11-23-2005, 11:22 AM

LOL :rll:

lenard_hester
11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
I have a pair of 01-02 wheels that I have personally never used, I bought them to mount some drag radials, but never got around to it. Let me know if you want them and I can get them to you ASAP. Sorry to hear about the run in. Sent you a PM as well.

02SVTKID
11-23-2005, 12:35 PM
aight man i know what u are going through i did the same thing with hitting the curb, and i went through the dealarship to get new rims. I think that they charged me 375.73 a piece for my 02 rims. i had to get 3 though and new tires. I got them from the texan ford off of I-20. they have the SVT shop in the back.

99WhiteBeast
11-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I have two 99 style wheels with DR's on them if you need them.

I'm glad you're OK- could have been a lot worse

Sixpipes
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Just curious...sounds like you were traveling at a high rate of speed. :cool:

True Blue Aggie
11-23-2005, 12:58 PM
luckly I was not going that fast because I had just got on the service road (maybe 25 at acceleration), but the wall on the left side looked really bad. I'll buy rims all day long just as long as nothing happens to the frame or body....

Still want to hurt the 3 series driver though....:flaming:

99WhiteBeast
11-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Just curious...sounds like you were traveling at a high rate of speed. :cool:

Michael- naw he never drives fast:tongue:

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Mike, myself and your Mom, all three really appreciate your acknowledgment of our offers to help out:rolleyes: . I understand that it's not quite as "bad ass" as Adam doing a NLOC search for ya...but they where still offers made from the heart.....

YOU TURD!!!

Rockshttp://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226454.gif

QDRHRSE
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
so....that's what NLOC is. Why didn't anybody tell me?

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 03:01 PM
so....that's what NLOC is. Why didn't anybody tell me?

I bet we all just thought you knew about it. There is also a Lightning forum on www.f150online.com

Rocks:beer:

True Blue Aggie
11-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Mike, myself and your Mom, all three really appreciate your acknowledgment of our offers to help out:rolleyes: . I understand that it's not quite as "bad ass" as Adam doing a NLOC search for ya...but they where still offers made from the heart.....

YOU TURD!!!

Rockshttp://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226454.gif

I'm really tired right now, or I would start off on you.

Thank you for your offers. I was just a little surprized at the effort that Adam went to trying to find specific threads for new wheels, hence the "bad ass" remark. Anyone and everyone who offered help in any way is a "bad ass", especially Lenard Hester. i should have two new wheels thanks to him by the end of day today.

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm really tired right now, or I would start off on you.

Thank you for your offers. I was just a little surprized at the effort that Adam went to trying to find specific threads for new wheels, hence the "bad ass" remark. Anyone and everyone who offered help in any way is a "bad ass", especially Lenard Hester. i should have two new wheels thanks to him by the end of day today.

Start off on me.... Now You pissed me off. How about you kiss my a$$.

Rocks:flaming:

Sixpipes
11-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Michael, Michael, Michael...don't you know by praising one person, it makes all the other children in the classroom angry because they didn't get recognized. That's something you should have learned in kindergarden. I didn't offer to help so I am down widit. :D

StormShadow
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Don't hate me cuz you aint me :rll:

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Actually Dennis...it is customary, when begging for help online, to politely reject offers of assistance. But then again....you are probably old enough to know this:tu: .

Rocks:cool:

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Don't hate me cuz you aint me :rll:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :rll: :rll: :rll:

Sixpipes
11-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Who would be interested in paying to see Rocks and I go three five-minute rounds for the TALON/UFC championship? If we can raise some funds for TALON, I'm in. :D

True Blue Aggie
11-23-2005, 07:17 PM
I only ask for a little time to provide the said acknowledgement of thanks before i get pounded for not providing it.
The plan was to look today for two new wheels. If I could not find those two new wheels, I had planned to call you to take you up on your offer of the spare tire. Of course I am truly greatful for friends like I have on this board to care about my situation, and even go above and beyond and offer assistance.
From what you know of me, have I not ever been outgoing and thankful for any assistance provided?

I should have acknowledged the multiple offers, I know....but I just need a minute (or a afternoon in this case) to figure out a plan and act on it.

Still friends??? (gay I know..)

Oh and Lenard Hester......Thank you for your help with the two rims. Truck should be back in shape by Friday and ready to beat Rocks in Temple next Saturday....:tu:

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 07:21 PM
I only ask for a little time to provide the said acknowledgement of thanks before i get pounded for not providing it.
The plan was to look today for two new wheels. If I could not find those two new wheels, I had planned to call you to take you up on your offer of the spare tire. Of course I am truly greatful for friends like I have on this board to care about my situation, and even go above and beyond and offer assistance.
From what you know of me, have I not ever been outgoing and thankful for any assistance provided?

I should have acknowledged the multiple offers, I know....but I just need a minute (or a afternoon in this case) to figure out a plan and act on it.

Still friends??? (gay I know..)

Oh and Lenard Hester......Thank you for your help with the two rims. Truck should be back in shape by Friday and ready to beat Rocks in Temple next Saturday....:tu:

I can probably forgive ya, but I need to let ya know my price for throwing a round to you at the TFC has now gone up. The price you offered before was an insult to me anyway.

Rocks:cool:

True Blue Aggie
11-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Huh....i figured naked pics of the wife would have been enough. Can't offer much more than that...

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Who would be interested in paying to see Rocks and I go three five-minute rounds for the TALON/UFC championship? If we can raise some funds for TALON, I'm in. :D

Oh lord....that might be as bad as the George Forman come back fight:rll: . I am afraid the fans would fall asleep.

Sixpipes
11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Oh lord....that might be as bad as the George Forman come back fight:rll: . I am afraid the fans would fall asleep.

Always looking for new ways to help the club out. :cool:

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Huh....i figured naked pics of the wife would have been enough. Can't offer much more than that...

Oh!!! Wait a minute now. I may have been a bit hasty in my pricing strategy.....:D .

How many we talking here? :evil

03LightningRocks
11-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Always looking for new ways to help the club out. :cool:

LOL....I saw that...yes he was.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/roo.jpg

Sixpipes
11-23-2005, 07:39 PM
I don't know what you're talking about....:rll: