PDA

View Full Version : Hey !

lbt
11-26-2005, 12:18 PM
I have been on here posting for about a week about my s-10.
I just want evey one to know i also own a 96' f-150 also .:) ......LBT

TP Derrick D
11-26-2005, 05:20 PM
I have been on here posting for about a week about my s-10.
I just want evey one to know i also own a 96' f-150 also .:) ......LBT

Good,So since this is a FORD LIGHTNING site maybe you'll quit talking about some s-10, so where is your Lightning? Ever owned one?

lbt
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Good,So since this is a FORD LIGHTNING site maybe you'll quit talking about some s-10, so where is your Lightning? Ever owned one?

No ; and would ya'll like for me to stop talking .
Please reply.........LBT

TP Derrick D
11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Please reply.........LBT
No, I don't want you to stop talking IF you talked about a FORD LIGHTNING along with other FORD vehicles. Thats all.

WA 2 FST
11-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Please reply.........LBT

You're cool, Danny. Don't worry about it. These guys still love me and I've sold all the Mustangs I've ever owned (3 late-models), and have a bow-tie in my garage.

I have a question... is your S-10 registered and tagged for street use? Just curious since you're in Collin Co., and we have to pass all this smog crap.

If you would rather reply about your S-10 truck offline, send me a PM.

skalywags
11-26-2005, 07:03 PM
No, I don't want you to stop talking IF you talked about a FORD LIGHTNING along with other FORD vehicles. Thats all.
That wasn't very nice, considering I see Mustang talk (not a Mustang forum), diesel talk (no Lightning came with a diesel), Z06 talk (bowtie), and Viper, to name a few. I don't see them being asked to quit talking.

Silver_2000
11-26-2005, 07:06 PM
That wasn't very nice, considering I see Mustang talk (not a Mustang forum), diesel talk (no Lightning came with a diesel), Z06 talk (bowtie), and Viper, to name a few. I don't see them being asked to quit talking.
+1

lbt
11-26-2005, 07:08 PM

:beer: ...........LBT

lbt
11-26-2005, 09:15 PM
You're cool, Danny. Don't worry about it. These guys still love me and I've sold all the Mustangs I've ever owned (3 late-models), and have a bow-tie in my garage.

I have a question... is your S-10 registered and tagged for street use? Just curious since you're in Collin Co., and we have to pass all this smog crap.

If you would rather reply about your S-10 truck offline, send me a PM.

It's a trailer truck:D .............LBT

my2002lightning
11-27-2005, 02:34 AM
I would have to agree.:cool:

TP Derrick D
11-27-2005, 06:56 PM
I been away since yesterday and I see this is still going. For all that did not read it or notice, I NEVER asked the guy to stop talking, I asked about his Lightning. And from when I became a supporting member a couple years ago it was a LIGHTNING site. I got drilled when I first mentioned I had a 10-low 11 sec Stang even tho I had a Lightning also. the former L owners that still post here don't talk crap about those vehicles having not owned a Lightning. Not only that they are supporting members. yeah , I'm sure I step on some toes with my in your face attitude but hey Doug I have always come to your defense when needed about this site, same with you Ronald, when you getting blasted for being whipped or having a slow truck I don't take part in that although I know its all just jokes, I guess.
I know I don't speak for everyone like you don't speak for me so let it go, but tell me why if a Dodge SRT-10 owner comes on here saying something about how his truck perform, he's full of crap and should'nt be on here or the Dodge guy that put his numbers in the 1/4 mile times. Anyway, I'll continue to be a supporting member,going to & participating in events and posting on a LIGHTNING site until (1) I don't own a Lightning anymore or (2) this site change to TATON (Texas Area Truck Owners North).

Sixpipes
11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, I must confess I don't really understand a guy that has a very fast S-10 that wants to hang with a bunch of Ford guys that basically race street trucks. Seems weird to me. Although this is not an exclusive club, I thought the main thing that we have in common is appreciation for the Ford Lightnings that we drive. The next thing you know, folks will be wanting to add non Lightning times to the 1/4 and 1/8 mile lists or bragging about how many guys on the list have slower trucks. Just seems a little odd to me. :cool:

Posts like this don't exactly add a lot of value to the forum.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7858&page=3

Silver_2000
11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
I been away since yesterday and I see this is still going. For all that did not read it or notice, I NEVER asked the guy to stop talking, I asked about his Lightning. And from when I became a supporting member a couple years ago it was a LIGHTNING site. I got drilled when I first mentioned I had a 10-low 11 sec Stang even tho I had a Lightning also. the former L owners that still post here don't talk crap about those vehicles having not owned a Lightning. Not only that they are supporting members. yeah , I'm sure I step on some toes with my in your face attitude but hey Doug I have always come to your defense when needed about this site, same with you Ronald, when you getting blasted for being whipped or having a slow truck I don't take part in that although I know its all just jokes, I guess.
I know I don't speak for everyone like you don't speak for me so let it go, but tell me why if a Dodge SRT-10 owner comes on here saying something about how his truck perform, he's full of crap and should'nt be on here or the Dodge guy that put his numbers in the 1/4 mile times. Anyway, I'll continue to be a supporting member,going to & participating in events and posting on a LIGHTNING site until (1) I don't own a Lightning anymore or (2) this site change to TATON (Texas Area Truck Owners North).

Well, I must confess I don't really understand a guy that has a very fast S-10 that wants to hang with a bunch of Ford guys that basically race street trucks. Seems weird to me. Although this is not an exclusive club, I thought the main thing that we have in common is appreciation for the Ford Lightnings that we drive. The next thing you know, folks will be wanting to add non Lightning times to the 1/4 and 1/8 mile lists or bragging about how many guys on the list have slower trucks. Just seems a little odd to me. :cool:

So does that mean that folks like Moonshine who has been around since the early days but has sold his lightning is not welcome ? or Crawford/Sam who sold his Lightning either just before or after getting married. Or Terry who doesn't have one anymore. Or Logan who's server this site is on and sold his Lightning a few years ago after having twins. EDIT Lets not forget - Microsuck and im sure there are more.

Yes its a lightning site - yes its primarily about Lightnings BUT there is no reason to be rude to someone who is interested in the site. We know that 99% of the time they don't hang around, so why do we have to drive them away ? Clearly they need to have interest in Lightnings or they will be pretty bored here. As far as the 1/4 mile times etc - Thats our call collectively - I DON'T see any non lightnings on there anytime soon.

Derek in the few years the site as been up the membership has changed and the club has changed with it to a degree. Hopefully we werent rude to you when you mentioned your mustang a few years ago. We have all gotten older, if statistics are true then I have already spent 7%+ of my life on this site ....

In the end I don't want this to become so exclusive that we end up driving people I call friends away.
Thats my $0.02

PoorSvtman
11-27-2005, 07:59 PM
I cant count the many times derrick has come on here and blasted around in a thread that has nothing to do with a mustang but he added his $0.02 along with his mustang and we didnt say anything.

So what if this guy has a s-10 He seems like a good guy. Heck dose he Have to be a supporting memeber to get any kind of respect?

skalywags
11-27-2005, 08:19 PM
. The next thing you know, folks will be wanting to add non Lightning times to the 1/4 and 1/8 mile lists or bragging about how many guys on the list have slower trucks.
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7858
this has happened from I remember -there were posts about times that some diesels had, there was a video posted of some Chevy truck producing some huge amt of horsepower, and also posts about Mustang times, GTO times, Z06times, and the list goes on. It sometimes makes for some interesting reading. other times you just ignore it.
Oh well, I've said enuff. Don't really care to ruffle feathers just thought I'd add my .02 and say it's already been done.

lbt
11-27-2005, 08:32 PM
this has happened from I remember -there were posts about times that some diesels had, there was a video posted of some Chevy truck producing some huge amt of horsepower, and also posts about Mustang times, GTO times, Z06times, and the list goes on. It sometimes makes for some interesting reading. other times you just ignore it.
Oh well, I've said enuff. Don't really care to ruffle feathers just thought I'd add my .02 and say it's already been done.

MY 2 cents ; a truck is a truck is a truck :beer: ........LBT

I do not want to start any ****; If i need to i can go down the road ;no harm done:tu:

TP Derrick D
11-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey guys I ALWAYS have thought of this as a LIGHTNING site. So is it becoming cut throat now? I'm not on here to blast anyone MIKE nor do I come on here starting posts pretaining to my Stang. If you can find it, show me and I will apolgize for it.I will only respond to posts started by someone else. So don't try to blame no crap like that on me. As for this post its going nowhere maybe I, me,& myself alone misunderstood what this site was or at least has changed into. Doug, like I said those guys you named are all former L owners and are still here because of that, I have always had great respect for you and how you handle the riff-raff that comes on here, I'm just a bit different. But anyway,we are cool and if I did anything to offend YOU then I'm sorry. Ronald, I have always lol at your "worldly" adventures and all, but I don't engage in it when "da guys" are ribbing on you so I don't expect to get blasted by you or anyone else I don't blast. so if my last post offended YOU I'm sorry. BUT MY OPINION HAS NOT CHANGED !!! THIS SITE IS FOR LIGHTNINGS !!!

lbt
11-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Hey guys I ALWAYS have thought of this as a LIGHTNING site. So is it becoming cut throat now? I'm not on here to blast anyone MIKE nor do I come on here starting posts pretaining to my Stang. If you can find it, show me and I will apolgize for it.I will only respond to posts started by someone else. So don't try to blame no crap like that on me. As for this post its going nowhere maybe I, me,& myself alone misunderstood what this site was or at least has changed into. Doug, like I said those guys you named are all former L owners and are still here because of that, I have always had great respect for you and how you handle the riff-raff that comes on here, I'm just a bit different. But anyway,we are cool and if I did anything to offend YOU then I'm sorry. Ronald, I have always lol at your "worldly" adventures and all, but I don't engage in it when "da guys" are ribbing on you so I don't expect to get blasted by you or anyone else I don't blast. so if my last post offended YOU I'm sorry. BUT MY OPINION HAS NOT CHANGED !!! THIS SITE IS FOR LIGHTNINGS !!!

What do you mean my riff-raff..........LBT

Sixpipes
11-27-2005, 08:44 PM
What do you mean my riff-raff..........LBT
Quit stirring the pot and let this useless thread die. :cool:

lbt
11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Quit stirring the pot and let this useless thread die. :cool:

:cool: .......LBT

Mark #2
11-27-2005, 09:04 PM
We are growing as a club now, almost like the Porsche club, and we should require a VIN to be a member? ............. NOT:beer:

dboat
11-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I think the difference is when an SRT-10 guy comes on here talking smack, thats one thing. But when the guy is a truck fan and apparently an L fan, that doesnt hurt. I dont care what he drives, he isnt talking down L's or talking smack about how his S-10 can kick someones arse.. that is the difference for me. Heck, I dont come to meetings anymore, due to a change in locale, but I try to participate via the forum... does where you live make a difference too? sure hope not..
Dana

Moonshine
11-27-2005, 09:40 PM
So does that mean that folks like Moonshine who has been around since the early days but has sold his lightning is not welcome ?

Yeah, I'd ditch that guy. :rolleyes:

Sixpipes
11-27-2005, 09:48 PM
So does that mean that folks like Moonshine who has been around since the early days but has sold his lightning is not welcome ? or Crawford/Sam who sold his Lightning either just before or after getting married. Or Terry who doesn't have one anymore. Or Logan who's server this site is on and sold his Lightning a few years ago after having twins. EDIT Lets not forget - Microsuck and im sure there are more.

All the folks you mentioned above were previous Lightning owners. I don't think anyone is suggesting that because they no longer own a Lightning, they are no longer worthy of our friendship. We say we aren't an exclusive club, but let any new person post something for sale on our forum and see what happens. All I have said is that it seems weird to me that anyone with a full race truck (non lightning to boot) is interested in hanging out with a bunch of street Lightning guys. I always believe we should be courteous to one another and I try to practice that. Maybe we should just open the TFC to all trucks (no vin number required) and let LBT participate. :cool:

PoorSvtman
11-27-2005, 10:05 PM
All the folks you mentioned above were previous Lightning owners. I don't think anyone is suggesting that because they no longer own a Lightning, they are no longer worthy of our friendship. We say we aren't an exclusive club, but let any new person post something for sale on our forum and see what happens. All I have said is that it seems weird to me that anyone with a full race truck (non lightning to boot) is interested in hanging out with a bunch of street Lightning guys. I always believe we should be courteous to one another and I try to practice that. Maybe we should just open the TFC to all trucks (no vin number required) and let LBT participate. :cool:

Well to let you know why he is probly here. Most of the web pages for s-10s are filled with nothing but truks with air ride suspension. I know of no local forums/clubs that are for s-10s that arent that way. He is a racer and a car/truck enthusiast. Im sure id join here if i had a s-10 just by reading the posts we all seem like a good group of guys. But when someone with out a lightning comes here and we bash him and tell him to get out like others have already dosent make us a very good club.

I bet if anyone met this guy at the track and talked to him and then he joined up he wouldnt have gotten bashed at all.

A definition of a car/truck enthusiast (spelling?) Is someone that likes any car or truck no matter what it is. It may not be your thing but you appreciate the money and power it makes and all the effort that was put into it.

Since I like all cars and i have friends that have anything from the traditional impala lowrider with 12inch wire wheels to the full out race car I can wait to see this guys s-10 and meet him in person.

just because this is mainly a lightning owners forum shouldnt mean that a guy with a s-10 or a srt-10 guy thats tired of the crap on those forums cant join and atleast participate in SOME of our functions. I under stand about the TFC but tmcc and the other outings if he wants to race and support our club and make it stronger i see no harm in it all.

lbt
11-27-2005, 10:05 PM

I love TRUCKS hell i own 3 ; I was looking for a club and found talon.

I just want hang out and talk trucks ford or chevy:tu: .........LBT

Almost forgot have to pass on tfc the rain out date is on my birthday:nana2

True Blue Aggie
11-27-2005, 10:10 PM
I'll chime in on this one....

Its gets real damn boring out at the races when I (or Dennis, Mark, Adam, or Ron) are the only ones out there. Right now anyone willing to come out and race is welcome to hang out with me anytime....I'll see LBT at the first TMCCC event of the year at Kennedale...:beer:

I still got your back though Derrick.....:beer:

lbt
11-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I'll chime in on this one....

Its gets real damn boring out at the races when I (or Dennis, Mark, Adam, or Ron) are the only ones out there. Right now anyone willing to come out and race is welcome to hang out with me anytime....I'll see LBT at the first TMCCC event of the year at Kennedale...:beer:

I still got your back though Derrick.....:beer:

We will be there:nana2 Trying like hell to put pionts on the board for talon......LBT

Mark #2
11-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Maybe we should just open the TFC to all trucks (no vin number required) and let LBT participate. :cool:

TFC is for Lightnings only, how about no trailer trucks allowed, that would be good for me?
but if LBT wants to hang out, and bring the beer, no problem.:D

The K5 and Porsche clubs have become too exclusive for me over the past 20 years, haven't joined any of the Honda or Acura clubs yet.;)

lbt
11-27-2005, 10:20 PM
TFC is for Lightnings only, how about no trailer trucks allowed, that would be good for me?
but if LBT wants to hang out, and bring the beer, no problem.:D

The K5 and Porsche clubs have become too exclusive for me over the past 20 years, haven't joined any of the Honda or Acura clubs yet.;)

Hell I'll bring the beer and the crown...........FOR ME:banana: .........LBT

Mark #2
11-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Hell I'll bring the beer and the crown...........FOR ME:banana: .........LBT

I say come to the TFC, run some test and tune and hang out.

L8 APEX
11-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I'd ditch that guy. :rolleyes:
Has been's:rolleyes:

my2002lightning
11-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Derrick,

No offense intended, and none taken. :tu: I'm glad my worldly adventures amuse you and others as I will continue to perservere down "mi vida loca". :beer:

Oh, I busted-off ~120 mph on a LONG stretch of Hwy. 377 in OK. last weekend.:burnout::eek2: Ya'll don't tell Sweetie!:cool::D

The whole :ron: concept/smilie is pure entertainment IMO and is my way of relating personal experiences and thoughts. I get a kick out of some the replies. Sort of like a Russ Martin "bit".knana

The only time I've ever been remotely perturbed by comments from a TALON member was when a certain supporting-vendor commented at Humperdink's to myself, Elaine and numerous other TALON members: "Ronald's marrying an ash-tray" :bs:rolleyes:

We've been cold-turkey for 3-mos.+ and Baby is fine.:)

Ronald:cool:

03LightningRocks
11-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Snip..........Maybe we should just open the TFC to all trucks (no vin number required) and let LBT participate. :cool:

You had me chanting Amen Brother...right up until you posted the last sentence.

So, is TFC opened to any make truck?

Rocks:cool:

Sixpipes
11-28-2005, 12:16 AM
You had me chanting Amen Brother...right up until you posted the last sentence.

So, is TFC opened to any make truck?

Rocks:cool:

Sometimes my sarcasm gets lost in translation. :D

03LightningRocks
11-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Sometimes my sarcasm gets lost in translation. :D

You scared me for a minute there.....:D .

Just so knowbody misunderstands. I have no issue with any and all vehicles running with us in the TMMMC club.

I just feel exclusive about the Talon Fall Classic, Lightningfest...and Fun Ford Weekend.

Rocks

Silver_2000
11-28-2005, 12:56 AM

Derrick
We are cool - no issues - just want to be sure that everyone gets their $0.02 in....
Now if I can just keep Rocks from stirring **** up with the kids over on F150... :mad: :flaming: :rll:
Doug

03LightningRocks
11-28-2005, 01:09 AM
LOL....I saw that thread get closed. I kept my promise....it was not easy for me either...:rll: .

dboat
11-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Derrick
We are cool - no issues - just want to be sure that everyone gets their $0.02 in....
Now if I can just keep Rocks from stirring **** up with the kids over on F150... :mad: :flaming: :rll:
Doug

give us a link..

03LightningRocks
11-28-2005, 11:36 AM
give us a link..

Doug cleaned it up....nothing to see here...move along...:rll: . Then the two originators of the carnage started up again and Doug pulled rank.;)

dboat
11-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Doug cleaned it up....nothing to see here...move along...:rll: . Then the two originators of the carnage started up again and Doug pulled rank.;)

dang it... i wanted to see the drama:tongue:

Silver_2000
11-28-2005, 06:40 PM
dang it... i wanted to see the drama:tongue:

Do what I do - Just do a search for rocks screen name - he is typically innocently throwing napalm on the threads that need a little help to head into the trash bin....

Saves me lots of time

dboat
11-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Do what I do - Just do a search for rocks screen name - he is typically innocently throwing napalm on the threads that need a little help to head into the trash bin....

Saves me lots of time

Went there.. didnt see too much by Rocks, but it must have been edited out.. but boy the drama... nothing like the soap opera that is that place..

03LightningRocks
11-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Went there.. didnt see too much by Rocks, but it must have been edited out.. but boy the drama... nothing like the soap opera that is that place..

It is great when your bored...........but it starts getting old after awhile.

Moonshine
11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Has been's:rolleyes:

I can live with that. Beats h*ll out of "never were's" or "didn't even try's". :beer: