PDA

View Full Version : Noobie Racing Questions

Lyfisin
11-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Couple of questions for me concerning my up and coming newbie race.

As far as track rules are concerned, what do I need to know before going down? I don't want to get down there and find out I have to wear long pants, like I did at Kennedale, and not have them. I have no "common knowledge" regarding any of this.

Also, I only have a single tune on my truck. I don't have a cold tune, or race tune, or anything like that. Should I be concerned about that?

True Blue Aggie
11-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Also, I only have a single tune on my truck. I don't have a cold tune, or race tune, or anything like that. Should I be concerned about that?

not until you see the puff of blue smoke out the right side mirror....

03LightningRocks
11-29-2005, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the tune if your not running boatloads of boost. If it makes you feel better, you can throw in five gallons of 104 when you get there. Terry will have it with him.

Yes...long pants are required at all tracks to race. They don't want you to be diddling with yourself as you go down the track. Long pants make for a more difficult access.

Pretty much all the rules will be like Kennedale. Don't worry about that puff of blue smoke in your mirror. That will be Trueblueaggie going up in smoke as you pass him.

Rocks:nana2

03LightningRocks
11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Just looking at the weather sights, it isn't going to be below 53 anyway...High is around 80.

03LightningRocks
11-29-2005, 01:38 PM
6. All cars running 10.99 or quicker with unaltered firewall and floor forward of rear seat must have a properly installed roll bar (recommended on all cars 11.99 and quicker). A roll cage is required in cars running 9.99 or quicker, or any car with a modified firewall/floor.

I just read this on the Temple website. Notice the 10.99 or quicker to require a roll bar. This says to me that you guys can run low 11 second passes and get away with it.

03LightningRocks
11-29-2005, 01:41 PM
And this rule says to me that they don't want Poorsvtman chasing cars down the track...:tongue: .

8. Any driver intoxicated or observed consuming an intoxicating substance will be disqualified from running and will be asked to leave the facility. Intoxicated individuals will not be allowed in the lanes or anywhere on the track (burnout/safety equipment areas, etc.).

tiffo60
11-29-2005, 02:19 PM
And this rule says to me that they don't want Poorsvtman chasing cars down the track...:tongue: .

8. Any driver intoxicated or observed consuming an intoxicating substance will be disqualified from running and will be asked to leave the facility. Intoxicated individuals will not be allowed in the lanes or anywhere on the track (burnout/safety equipment areas, etc.).

:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

Lyfisin
11-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Pretty much all the rules will be like Kennedale.

I never knew what those rules were. I found about the long pants only after sitting in the staging lanes and then being denied when they found out I didn't have them.

I guess I'm just looking for other rules everyone already knows that I don't. Kennedale let me run after I had the long pants so if Temple is the same, I shouldn't have any issues. I had heard that some tracks were more strict than others and I thought maybe there were some issues that might happen at Temple that wouldn't have been caught at Kennedale.

BC Lightning
11-29-2005, 06:36 PM
long pants, closed toe shoes, and a shirt with sleeves. No sandels or Larry the cable guy shirts :tu:

for others a helmet is required

PoorSvtman
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM

HAHA damn:evil

Lyfisin
11-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks BC.

The shirt just has to have sleeves? Doesn't matter if they're long or short?

PoorSvtman
11-29-2005, 07:09 PM
short sleeve is fine, buy it might be cold so youll probly be wearing long sleeves anyway

benyouall
11-29-2005, 07:10 PM
mike did you find a ride.if you still need one pm me. ben

PoorSvtman
11-29-2005, 07:21 PM
mike did you find a ride.if you still need one pm me. ben

Hey Ben, long time no see! Ill know thursday if i can even go or not. I ditched the job offer i got monday to work nights. Just have to wait till thursday to go talk to the manager and see when and what my night hours will be.

benyouall
11-29-2005, 07:27 PM
if you need a ride i will be going you are welcome to ride . just let me know.ben

BC Lightning
11-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks BC.

The shirt just has to have sleeves? Doesn't matter if they're long or short?

short sleeves are ok, just no sleevless for the obvious reasons :D