PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays - Enjoy the Holiday Theme - merged

Silver_2000
12-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays - Happy Festivus .... :beer:

QDRHRSE
12-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Do you have an aluminum pole? I am ready for the challenge of strenght! I'm small but feisty.

03LightningRocks
12-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone.....knana knana knana

Rocks:beer:

Wht95Lightning
12-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Merry Christmas Talon! :beer:

Silver_2000
12-23-2005, 09:44 PM
happy holidays all !!!

Doug

Shiner1
12-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Great job on the Christmas theme Doug.. Merry Christmas everyone. Be safe.:tu:

03LightningRocks
12-23-2005, 11:06 PM
:d knana :d :banana:

FRDRCING
12-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Merry Christmas

my2002lightning
12-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Good job on the Christmas format, Doug. Very "seasonal" to the eye.

Merry Christmas and Happy New-Year, TALON ! knana

Ronald, Elaine and Baby Brown
:)

Silver_2000
12-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Changed the snowflakes to reduce CPU load - Smaller flakes but it doesnt mae your PC run at 60+ % CPU anymore

Doug

dboat
12-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Changed the snowflakes to reduce CPU load - Smaller flakes but it doesnt mae your PC run at 60+ % CPU anymore

Doug
Geesh Doug, I get on here last night and my pc froze up. I have cable modem and usually fly thru here pretty quickly. So I go run ad aware, defrag, mcafee antivirus to fix it only to find out its the darned site doing this to me.

I like the seasonal feeling but can only open a few windows at a time.

Dana

Silver_2000
12-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Geesh Doug, I get on here last night and my pc froze up. I have cable modem and usually fly thru here pretty quickly. So I go run ad aware, defrag, mcafee antivirus to fix it only to find out its the darned site doing this to me.

Dana

No its a simple java script - It wont lock a PC that is working correctly - it just makes the CPU usage go up some since the PC has to calculate the randomness ( or fake randomness of the flakes )
New version of javascript is MUCH more efficient - Just changed it this morning
But it appears that if you open mare than 2 or 3 TALON browser windows the CPU load goes up ... Oops ....
It will be gone in a few days
Doug

I enabled a few normal styles to pick from

QDRHRSE
12-24-2005, 11:06 AM
I thought the snow was my crack making me go whack! Nice job! The candy cane buttons are a nice touch. I'm blind for the holidays!!

dboat
12-24-2005, 11:09 AM
No its a simple java script - It wont lock a PC that is working correctly - it just makes the CPU usage go up some since the PC has to calculate the randomness ( or fake randomness of the flakes )
New version of javascript is MUCH more efficient - Just changed it this morning
But it appears that if you open mare than 2 or 3 TALON browser windows the CPU load goes up ... Oops ....
It will be gone in a few days
Doug

I enabled a few normal styles to pick from

Doug,
dont change it on my behalf.. my pc is a few years old and the cpu is undoubtedly an older one.. I can live with it.. since I had about a dozen windows open, the response time was so slow that I thought I had frozen up.
Dana

03LightningRocks
12-24-2005, 09:29 PM

Dana

How many windows of the Talon sight do you normally open? I can only read one thread at a time, so I just open one window at a time.

Rocks:confused:

dboat
12-25-2005, 11:50 AM
How many windows of the Talon sight do you normally open? I can only read one thread at a time, so I just open one window at a time.

Rocks:confused:

As many threads as there are new posts posted on..

I open Talon, click on New Posts.. I then right click and open each thread, then I click on go to first new post on the thread.. so if there are 25 new posts and they are all on separate threads, then I would have 25 windows open.. when I have read it I close the window.. for me this is the most efficient way for me to get to all the threads and new posts.. Over at NLOC or F150.. I am much more discerning as to the threads I open since they will have pages of new posts out there..
anyone else do it this way?
Dana

Silver_2000
12-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Just for mr 25 windows I created a version of this style with NO SNOW

And did it from the great white north over dial up
http://talonclub.com/forum/index.php?styleid=31
Doug

PoorSvtman
12-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah:beer:

dboat
12-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Just for mr 25 windows I created a version of this style with NO SNOW

And did it from the great white north over dial up
http://talonclub.com/forum/index.php?styleid=31
Doug

Thanks Doug.. I see the Christmas spirit moved you.. :tu:

I feel so much more festive now..

Dana

03LightningRocks
12-25-2005, 04:27 PM
As many threads as there are new posts posted on..

I open Talon, click on New Posts.. I then right click and open each thread, then I click on go to first new post on the thread.. so if there are 25 new posts and they are all on separate threads, then I would have 25 windows open.. when I have read it I close the window.. for me this is the most efficient way for me to get to all the threads and new posts.. Over at NLOC or F150.. I am much more discerning as to the threads I open since they will have pages of new posts out there..
anyone else do it this way?
Dana

:evil ..I just had an idea....:evil

bluesvt
12-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Doug good job on the theme. I was looking on here at my parents and my mom was jealous b/c she wants her background to look like this. Merry Christmas all and God Bless. :beer: -Kyle

Silver_2000
12-26-2005, 04:08 PM
Hope everyones holiday was a good one -
I changed the default back to the TALON style - BUT since its snowing here I left the holiday theme as a selectable item in the list

Doug

03LightningRocks
12-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Hope everyones holiday was a good one -
Snip.........Doug

The same to you Doug. Another Christmas...come and gone. They seem to come and go quicker each year:( .

Best Wishes to all in the upcoming new year.....:beer: .

Rocks:bows

PoorSvtman
12-27-2005, 10:46 AM
The same to you Doug. Another Christmas...come and gone. They seem to come and go quicker each year:( .

Best Wishes to all in the upcoming new year.....:beer: .

Rocks:bows

Its just another day for me... Its just my mom and I.. Mom goes to her friends for dinner and i go to the ex g/fs house most of the time...

dboat
12-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Its just another day for me... Its just my mom and I.. Mom goes to her friends for dinner and i go to the ex g/fs house most of the time...

Mike, it could be a lot worse, take it from me.. not that my deal is bad, but I have heard some stories.. some families literally hate this time of year because they have to get together and that creates all kinds of tension.. sounds like your deal is pretty cool..
Dana

PoorSvtman
12-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Mike, it could be a lot worse, take it from me.. not that my deal is bad, but I have heard some stories.. some families literally hate this time of year because they have to get together and that creates all kinds of tension.. sounds like your deal is pretty cool..
Dana

Yea im not complaining about how i spend xmas.. I enjoy it better since i realy dont have any family here besides my mom...Mom and i do our xmas thing, she goes over to our close family friends and i go to the ex/current g/fs house or i stay home...