PDA

View Full Version : someone came and picked up their Christmas present

skalywags
12-24-2005, 10:22 AM
and forgot to tell I bought it for them! I go out to load my truck up to ride the dirtbike and the stereo amp and subwoofer decided to take a walk. And my door handle has been pried on (again!). What a nice kick in the crotch to wake up to! So now I'm waiting for the police now instead of riding! a-holes, somehow they will get theirs! Merry f'ing Christmas!
The alarms work really well on this thing, since it looks like it didn't even go off! If it had, I would have known when I started my truck. Wouldn't I. I dd once when some idiot at the tire store made it go off.

dboat
12-24-2005, 10:38 AM
I am so sorry to hear this.. what scumbags.. not only for stealing but at this time of year too..

Dana

keynan
12-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear about that, My brother-in-law has had his truck broken into twice already this year.Btw what alarm do you have?

L8 APEX
12-24-2005, 11:10 AM
The stock system is more less keyless entry, not a tamper type alarm. Plus when they pry the handle it rotates the lock like your key does so it disarms. The PATS key is the only antitheft you have. Buy a TWO way alarm system it is the only thing to have. Add interior motion to it in case they come through the slider or break a window.

my2002lightning
12-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Damn Tom! Sorry to hear of your luck, especially during the Holiday season.

Hang in there and I hope your Christmas get's better.

Ronald

03LightningRocks
12-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I may have already mentioned this, but it won't hurt to bring it up again. A few months back my sons car had the stereo system stolen out of it in Plano. Then to make it worse, his new replacement sytem got boosted in Austin, two days after it was installed.

My son asked the cop why the heck this seems to happen so much. It seems Mr. Perry, in all his infinit wisdom, reduced the penalties for boosting crap out of a vehicle. It is considered a slap on the wrist offense, so when these dirt bags get busted, the cops turn them loose almost immediately. The cop said it was a misdemeaner, so the crooks just keep on doing it.

Rocks:eek:

Moonshine
12-25-2005, 12:47 AM
It seems Mr. Perry, in all his infinit wisdom, reduced the penalties for boosting crap out of a vehicle. It is considered a slap on the wrist offense, so when these dirt bags get busted, the cops turn them loose almost immediately. The cop said it was a misdemeaner, so the crooks just keep on doing it.

Rocks:eek:

Hold on just a second there, and let me correct a few items;

1. The legislature reduced Burglary of Vehicles from a 3rd degree felony to a Class A misdemeanor several sessions ago. IIRC, it was in '97, before Perry became Governor.
2. The legislature did so because there wasn't enough prison space to keep violent felons, like rapists and murderers, incarcerated for substantial portions of their sentences. So, as much as it sucks to slap car burglars on the wrist, until or unless we build more prisons, it does allow us to keep rapists and murderers locked up.
3. Cops don't release. Repeat after me, cops catch, courts release.

03LightningRocks
12-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Hold on just a second there, and let me correct a few items;

1. The legislature reduced Burglary of Vehicles from a 3rd degree felony to a Class A misdemeanor several sessions ago. IIRC, it was in '97, before Perry became Governor.
2. The legislature did so because there wasn't enough prison space to keep violent felons, like rapists and murderers, incarcerated for substantial portions of their sentences. So, as much as it sucks to slap car burglars on the wrist, until or unless we build more prisons, it does allow us to keep rapists and murderers locked up.
3. Cops don't release. Repeat after me, cops catch, courts release.

Just passing on what the cop told my son;) . Thanks for the clarification.

Regardless of who turns them loose..and who passed the law. The fact that burglary of a vehicle is treated less harshly than street racing, contributes to the problem everyone has with crooks breaking into cars.

I didn't say wether it was right wrong or indifferent....just bringing up why it happens so much.

Rocks;)

dboat
12-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Moonshine,
at what point does the "court" decide that enough misdemeanors is enough and lock them away for a while?
Dana

Moonshine
12-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Moonshine,
at what point does the "court" decide that enough misdemeanors is enough and lock them away for a while?
Dana

In the real world, never. :mad: