PDA

View Full Version : Egr delete

QIK KAT
01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
I just did mine and i'm kinda liking it. All that extra room to change my plugs:banana: Anyway who here has done this, do you like it, and do you have a differant sound from your blower, i don't know if this is a good or bad thing:confused:

tiffo60
01-08-2006, 09:15 PM
i have done it, i dont know if the blower makes a different sound or not, but i like it, but that nut on the tube that connects down on the manifold was a pita to get too, other than that it definitley cleans up the engine compartment and makes the plugs a breeze

skalywags
01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
will it pass emissions inspection?

tiffo60
01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
will it pass emissions inspection?

not with out a little help:evil

skalywags
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
not with out a little help:evil
dammit!

tiffo60
01-08-2006, 09:31 PM
dammit!

dont sweat it we can get it inspected, i have a couple of hook ups

QIK KAT
01-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, in april i guess i'll be sending you a p/m for that hook up, i had a couple in L.A. but none here.:cool: Hey, did you remove the vac. line on the intake boot? i did the boost by pass also and was a lttle unclear on that.:confused:

PoorSvtman
01-08-2006, 11:05 PM
i used to be a inspector i got the hook ups

skalywags
01-09-2006, 01:02 AM
How do they get around that, though? Last inspection I had they hook up the truck to the computer that is linked to Austin, at least that's what two different places told me.

PoorSvtman
01-09-2006, 01:08 AM
yea well if there is no codes for the egr it will pass the obdII scan, it could however fail the visual part of the inspection. But i dont know a inspector that actualy looks over most of the vehicles they do unless they get a feeling it could be a setup cause the state sends out dummy cars...

Yes the computer is linked to austin but they dont know what is on the vehicle or not. After you do a inspection on a truck and enter the sticker number and hit the enter key to get the print out that we give to you it dials the state and supposedly sends info to the state.. It also dials the state after we put in the vin number. It will then tell us if the vehicle has been failed at another location recently.. On top of that a person comes out randomly and checks the computer for all stickers are accounted for, etc. If one is missing or voided you have to show it to them or have a darn good excuse why its missing.