PDA

View Full Version : Wes - He has your plates

Silver_2000
10-14-2002, 06:37 PM
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/99z51r/

devildog92
10-14-2002, 07:25 PM
I think you boys need to duke it out at the track before they close, ZO6 to 'ZO6'.

Terry might just have a suprise for you Wes, I saw his Vette yesterday, I almost lost 2 liters of bodily fluids

L8 APEX
10-14-2002, 07:35 PM
I do not agree with the devil there.. Wes paid a lot more and has a real Z. I show props to him for that. Also a Z on gas is just plain wicked, one of my cusotmers is running 11.0's on the bottle with a slipping stock clutch. of course his car is in the shop for a new rear carriage and transmission:hammer: but that is what happens when you drop the clutch at 5500rpm on slicks:nono: I still need to tune mine and throw a clutch in it the stocker does not like the "new parts":D The news of layoffs has halted the project for now:crying:

WA 2 FST
10-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Doug...

Yeah, I've seen several people with "WA 2 FAST" or "WAY 2 FST" plates...even a few that are identical to my WA 2 FST plates. :)

It's funny, I have had more people than I can count ask "permission" to copy it. Like they need it. :tongue:

I just renewed my plates a month before I sold the Mustang...which is cool b/c I still "own" them for another year and will put them on my '66 Cobra replica when the time comes.

As far as my Z06...I have no real idea what its gonna run, guys. I'm not going to put ET Streets or ET Drags on it. I can only hit the juice in 2nd gear when the road is warm b/c I exclusively run F1 radials. But that's also why I have full manual activation ;).

I estimate it will run mid-11s at ~126-128mph. Nothing earth-shattering. I plan to put long tubes on it at some point here, and once I have time I will tune it via LS1edit...super tuning tool, IMHO.

As for what I paid...a lot less than a new '02 coupe. :D Had to shop forever, but got a killer deal.

Red2002
10-14-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by WA 2 FST
I estimate it will run mid-11s at ~126-128mph. Nothing earth-shattering.

:eek2: :eek2:

Yeah that's pretty unimpressive. :D

WA 2 FST
10-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Well, its plenty fast/quick for this old guy. :)

But, my point in making that statement is that there will be plenty of vehicles that are quicker in the 1/4 mile. From a roll on the street?...few and far b/w, but still there are faster vehicles.

I'm going to keep it very tame though (by my standards...being a hot-rodder). Running on street tires will mean very little driveline issues. Maintenance-free, or as close to it as possible, is the idea at this point in my life.

L8 APEX
10-14-2002, 11:56 PM
How about ceramic coated long tubes:D
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-218-34671.jpg
Give me a holler when you are ready for some Vette parts! Sent your chip out last week, hopefully we'll see it this week:tu:

WA 2 FST
10-15-2002, 12:03 AM
Terry,

Which headers are those? I am looking at the FLPs since they do not require that I cut up the stock exhaust (in case I'd ever want to put it back to stock some day).

L8 APEX
10-15-2002, 12:16 AM
I am on the about to be laid off budget so I got the TPIS headers. I can get the FLP but they are more. They may run better on your LS6 exhaust ports anyway. LS1 ports can't outflow most headers. Or if you want to skip the cats we could do TPIS and custom make you an intermediate pipe w/ flanges. If I scratched my head long enough I would do FLP's. I haven't looked at the SLP's yet, new item...