PDA

View Full Version : 03lightningrocks ?

L1nt2B
01-15-2006, 09:11 AM
I would like to know who did your roll bar/cage setup and do you have any pics of it going through the tonnue cover? oh yeah, when did you get that done, I must be way out of the loop:crying:

L1nt2B
01-16-2006, 09:46 PM
I figured you probably didn't see this so I'm bumping in up to the top

03LightningRocks
01-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Yep....I didn't see it. I had it done last year by a guy in Jersey. Jim at JDM hooked me up with him. A little issue has risen with the guy though. He does mostly cages for Mustang guys and has never really liked doing them for the trucks. He keeps jacking the price up and now is getting like 3 grand just for the cage. Then you will have around five hundred into the back window on top of that.

I don't have my truck here or I would take a pic of the cover. Maybe Terry could when he gets back.

Ron

L1nt2B
01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Yep....I didn't see it. I had it done last year by a guy in Jersey. Jim at JDM hooked me up with him. A little issue has risen with the guy though. He does mostly cages for Mustang guys and has never really liked doing them for the trucks. He keeps jacking the price up and now is getting like 3 grand just for the cage. Then you will have around five hundred into the back window on top of that.

I don't have my truck here or I would take a pic of the cover. Maybe Terry could when he gets back.

Ron
oh the hell with that, for that kind of money I could just go buy a welder and build one myself:eek2:

Silver_2000
01-17-2006, 08:47 AM
oh the hell with that, for that kind of money I could just go buy a welder and build one myself:eek2:

trouble is it wouldnt likley pass tech and the install quality of this guys cages is pretty good -

Doug

L1nt2B
01-17-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm sure it is, but $3500, man thats alot doe! Seams to me that after you built one or two that it would be a pre-fab kit after that. Did that include installation?

03LightningRocks
01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm sure it is, but $3500, man thats alot doe! Seams to me that after you built one or two that it would be a pre-fab kit after that. Did that include installation?

It was 2500 including the window when I got mine done. The guy is basicly making a statement with his price. His money is in doing Mustangs. Lightnings are a pain in the ass to him.

When I was doing my research on roll bar builders, I came across a couple guys out of the Houston area. They where much cheaper but had issues with how to do the swingouts. Maybe they have it figured out by now. I have long since lost their names and numbers but you can check with the Halo guys...several of them run 10's and will know who is who in Houston.

Doug is right about knowing your stuff when it comes to roll bars. Especially when the roll bar is expected to support a 5000lb truck rolling over on it.

Rocks