PDA

View Full Version : what next

CJLightning04
01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
ok guys what should i do next to take some stress off of the motor

1) e fan

2) snow kit

o and the guys on nloc said i need to get it dyno tuned before anything else but terry just tuned it do they know what they are talking about because they say it is not safeor is this:bs ??? Im going to be honest i am just now learning about all of the computerize sh*t

Silver_2000
01-24-2006, 11:12 PM
efan wont take much stress off the motor but will free up a SMALL amount of HP

what is a snow kit and what other mods are you running ?

tiffo60
01-25-2006, 12:16 AM
i think hes talking about the alcohol injection, suppose to be able to run more timing and help with detonation or something to that affect

BC Lightning
01-25-2006, 12:48 AM
A custom dyno tune would be your best bet to get every hp out of the motor, eveb though your truck might be "tuned" it might not have all the fuel or timing and timing taken out etc. geting it on the dyno and tweaking the tune would be best. as far as the snow kit I dont have alot of info on it, but I know people do like them, You can get one at razors edge.

I'd say get a ported blower, or kenne bell with a fluidyne heat exchanger my $.02

Tex Arcana
01-25-2006, 01:04 AM
A custom dyno tune would be your best bet to get every hp out of the motor, eveb though your truck might be "tuned" it might not have all the fuel or timing and timing taken out etc. geting it on the dyno and tweaking the tune would be best. as far as the snow kit I dont have alot of info on it, but I know people do like them, You can get one at razors edge.

I'd say get a ported blower, or kenne bell with a fluidyne heat exchanger my $.02

WTF is a "snow kit"??? :confused:

L8 APEX
01-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Snow Performance methanol/water injection system. They are popular for high boost and non intercooled performance. It slows combustion and drops cylinder temps. You can run about 4-6 degrees more timing without race fuel or detonation in theory. MM&FF have tested it a few different times

WA 2 FST
01-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Did you have Terry install a larger heat exchanger? If not, I strongly suggest this with a 6#+ pulley setup/ported blower/KB, etc.

dboat
01-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Just ask Terry and he will give you the straight up on what to do next..
Dana

CJLightning04
01-25-2006, 03:28 PM
well Terry what would you do next i just do not want to port the eaton yet or put anymore stress on motor.. If possible i would rather relieve some.

BC Lightning
01-25-2006, 07:23 PM
well Terry what would you do next i just do not want to port the eaton yet or put anymore stress on motor.. If possible i would rather relieve some.

porting the blower takes lowers the temp of the blower, thus taking stress of the motor, also works well with a aftermarket heat exchanger, like a fluidyne

BC Lightning
01-25-2006, 07:25 PM
well Terry what would you do next

Terry will probably tell you, like he told, me, like he tells everybody to not nickle and dime your way into modding, save up get long tubes, 60# injectors, 255 fuel pumps, and a kenne bell, done!! Buy the time you add up every little mod you put on, its more than the amount of the kenne bell

StormShadow
01-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Terry will probably tell you, like he told, me, like he tells everybody to not nickle and dime your way into modding, save up get long tubes, 60# injectors, 255 fuel pumps, and a kenne bell, done!! Buy the time you add up every little mod you put on, its more than the amount of the kenne bell

Dont forget the SCT MAF

Mark #2
01-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Sounds a lot like my truck, guess I made the correct choices.:confused:
but don't forget that an engine comes at some point in time with the mods above.;)