PDA

View Full Version : Adrenaline truck gets the axe

WA 2 FST
02-03-2006, 11:29 AM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060203/AUTO01/602030367/1148

A friend of mine (I think he's a member here, too, since he recently purchased a Gen 1) sent this out to me today.

Amazing that Dodge can ramp up their SRT line and Ford just keeps cutting back with SVT.

BC Lightning
02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Thank God!!! knana knana

That was one ugly truck :vomit:

WA 2 FST
02-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Maybe so, but its a trend with Ford. We get the Fusion, while Dodge rolls out the Challenger on the heels of the Charger. :confused:

99WhiteBeast
02-03-2006, 12:32 PM
That's a shame- I was getting wifey to hold out till this came out. I thought it make a damn nice family ride with some balls.

wesman
02-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Sorry to say, but Dodge/Chrysler is stomping Fords ass in the performance car market.

lol, this pat was funny

"Harmon would not discuss the specific reasons for the decision, but said Ford was focusing on giving its customers what they want."

What's that? The Ford 500 ??

--wes

tliss
02-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Sorry to say, but Dodge/Chrysler is stomping Fords ass in the performance car market.

lol, this pat was funny

"Harmon would not discuss the specific reasons for the decision, but said Ford was focusing on giving its customers what they want."

What's that? The Ford 500 ??

--wes

I'm glad to see the Adrenaline go...what a waste of sheet metal.

The quote should read "Harmon would not discuss the specific reasons for the decision, but said Ford was focusing on being lame and turning into a company that makes sucky cars that tree huggers and people that buy rice burners want...hey, at least Ford will still be in business."

Henry Ford is turning over in his grave :crying:

Tom

gagspa
02-03-2006, 02:02 PM
We only bought the Lightning to hold us over until the Adrenaline came out :( Guess we will be keeping it.

WA 2 FST
02-03-2006, 02:04 PM
The quote should read "Harmon would not discuss the specific reasons for the decision, but said Ford was focusing on being lame and turning into a company that makes sucky cars that tree huggers and people that buy rice burners want...hey, at least Ford will still be in business."

Tom

:rll: :rll: :rll:

That's good, Tom. Pretty much sums up my feelings!

Tex Arcana
02-03-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm glad to see the Adrenaline go...what a waste of sheet metal.

Henry Ford is turning over in his grave :crying:

Tom

Besides the Adrenaline comment, I'm with you, Bill Ford is a treehugger in disguise. :hammer:

ANY SVT product at this juncture is better than nothing. It seems Ford's trying to kill the line slowly, so no one will notice. By the time the Crapmaro comes out, every possible "competition" that Ford makes will be at least a few years old, and nothing in the new line will be able to go faster than 90mph. :(

98Cobra
02-03-2006, 04:15 PM
I am disappointed. I dont know if I would buy an Adrenaline, but man - to kill the next Lightning for Adrenaline, then to kill the Adrenaline....

When do the lies stop?

And they think the Zephyr will be good enough in place of the LS? Sure, the LS needs a redesign, but the Zephyr is an up model of a Ford model that starts at $18k. Wow. :(

tliss
02-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Besides the Adrenaline comment, I'm with you, Bill Ford is a treehugger in disguise. :hammer:

ANY SVT product at this juncture is better than nothing. It seems Ford's trying to kill the line slowly, so no one will notice. By the time the Crapmaro comes out, every possible "competition" that Ford makes will be at least a few years old, and nothing in the new line will be able to go faster than 90mph. :(

Any SVT product IS better than nothing, but at least make something that isn't LAME. The new Cobra is going to be bad ass (unless they elect to yank it as well), they need something that will compliment it. The Adrenaline was crap, plain and simple. If they are going to do anything, put it where the competition is and do it with the Explorer SUV. The Sport Trac SUT from day 1 was a POS in my opinion, and I really wish Ford would kill it all ready.

You are right, Ford is falling further and further behind here, and catching up is going to be a b!tch. Bottom line is it looks like Ford is pulling out of the performance market and handing it over the DC. Oh well...at this moment, I'm sorry to say it, but almost all Ford products disappoint me now, and I probably won't be buying Ford for my next vehicle...

Tom

Tex Arcana
02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Any SVT product IS better than nothing, but at least make something that isn't LAME. The new Cobra is going to be bad ass (unless they elect to yank it as well), they need something that will compliment it. The Adrenaline was crap, plain and simple. If they are going to do anything, put it where the competition is and do it with the Explorer SUV. The Sport Trac SUT from day 1 was a POS in my opinion, and I really wish Ford would kill it all ready.

You are right, Ford is falling further and further behind here, and catching up is going to be a b!tch. Bottom line is it looks like Ford is pulling out of the performance market and handing it over the DC. Oh well...at this moment, I'm sorry to say it, but almost all Ford products disappoint me now, and I probably won't be buying Ford for my next vehicle...

Tom

I thought the Adrenalin was pretty cool, if they stuck to the show-car idea; SVT was supposed to be all about doing something *different* for performance (can you say "LIGHTNING"??? I knew you could! :tu:).

To be honest, that Challenger really REALLY looks cool... and it's performance will be hot... :nono:

Shiner1
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Forgive my stupidity on this issue but did the Adrenaline make it to full production, limited production or nada? The reason I ask is, I saw one on the road last week. Could'a been a poser I guess but the middle-aged woman driving it didn't appear to be the type. It had SVT and Adrenaline badges on the t-gate.

WA 2 FST
02-03-2006, 05:43 PM
And they think the Zephyr will be good enough in place of the LS? Sure, the LS needs a redesign, but the Zephyr is an up model of a Ford model that starts at $18k. Wow. :(

Exactly. They're just throwing some gold plating on a turd. It's still a turd. Ford Fusion and Ford 500 with a 3.0 v6 and CVT. Please pinch me when its over already, and Ford gets creative.

Now, if they built SVT models of these cars, I'd be ok with them. DC is doing just that with the SRT line. Maybe they are losing their arses and they will be so far in the red in 5 years that they will have to shut down completely. I don't know.

The GT500 will make it to production. Carroll Shelby's name is on it, and that carries more weight than SVT. Ford will not let him down. But they could kill production sooner than we might like, especially with the new Camaro not due til 2009 (which will be the 3rd model year for the GT500). Also, Ford is planning to make 15,000 units of the GT500. They believe they'll be able to sell them all with no problem even at an estimated MSRP of $40-45k. Let's see...they think they can sell 3x the units they produced per year of the Terminator Cobra, but they don't believe they can build any other hot-rod, performance vehicles that will suit the market and make them some $$? Strange.

I'm banking that after 6 months of production, Ford halts the GT500 until the '08 MY due to the fact there will be plenty of GT500's on the lots. 15k units? I seriously doubt the demand is that high.

dboat
02-03-2006, 07:33 PM
All I can say is that I am keeping my L.. there still isnt anything out there that can do what it does at the price I paid for it..

I do like the new Challenger and Camaro,, they are hot and they will be fast.. I would really like to get the new Z06.. but will have to wait a couple of years to get a used one so that I MIGHT be able to afford it.. but the wife says if I get one the L has to go...:crying:

Dana

Tex Arcana
02-03-2006, 10:53 PM
All I can say is that I am keeping my L.. there still isnt anything out there that can do what it does at the price I paid for it..
^^^QFMFT^^^

dboat
02-04-2006, 04:19 AM
^^^QFMFT^^^

What?:confused:

L-Fever
02-04-2006, 11:03 AM
What?:confused:

Adam turned me on to the urban dictionary. Here ya go:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFMFT

dboat
02-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Adam turned me on to the urban dictionary. Here ya go:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFMFT

thanks:tu: I looked up another one too while I was there.. am adding it to my favorites

Dana

sonicbluetommy
02-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Anyone catch this little tidbit at the bottom of the story:

"Idled workers represented by the United Auto Workers union are eligible for unemployment, and the company makes up most of their difference in lost wages. Once their unemployment runs out, workers are transferred to Ford's jobs bank program, where they receive almost full pay and benefits."

Let's see 16 weeks of unemployment+union wages then they go back on Ford's payroll???? Did I miss this benefit with my current job?

NO f**king wonder Ford is not making enough money to support the SVT programs.

Tex Arcana
02-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Anyone catch this little tidbit at the bottom of the story:

"Idled workers represented by the United Auto Workers union are eligible for unemployment, and the company makes up most of their difference in lost wages. Once their unemployment runs out, workers are transferred to Ford's jobs bank program, where they receive almost full pay and benefits."

Let's see 16 weeks of unemployment+union wages then they go back on Ford's payroll???? Did I miss this benefit with my current job?

NO f**king wonder Ford is not making enough money to support the SVT programs.

Yeah, that adds up to a sh!tload of money... and that's part of the problem. Of course, Ford's not the only guilty party; GM et al are as well. And to be honest, someone needs to call all the execs on the carpet for letting things get this bad.

dboat
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, that adds up to a sh!tload of money... and that's part of the problem. Of course, Ford's not the only guilty party; GM et al are as well. And to be honest, someone needs to call all the execs on the carpet for letting things get this bad.

The execs? You think they agreed to that type of severance package for the employees? :rll:
It had to be the union that did that one..

Dana

Tex Arcana
02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
The execs? You think they agreed to that type of severance package for the employees? :rll:
It had to be the union that did that one..

Dana

Of course, the execs: who d'ya think signed off in the first place?? :rolleyes: If you don't beleive me, look at the baseball and hockey strikes of recent years: not including the recent hockey strike, both baseball andhockey got bent over hard over the player's agreement, simply because the owners got scared and thought they had to give in to labors' demands. Perfect example fo the execs standing their ground: the hockey strike of 2004-2005: owners stood their ground, and eventually got the deal they wanted. And the auto execs could do the same damn thing, if they wanted.

Do'nt get me wrong: all companies have an obligation to their employees, just as a leader has an obligation to his followers. And part of that obligation is fiscal responsibility.