PDA

View Full Version : Help-Accufab Problems!

04 RedApple
02-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Installed a new Accufab Throttle Body last week and cannot seem to resolve idling issues.

It feels like it wants to run away when trying to stop. The idle drops to around 900 RPM's, pluses back up to 1000 and then will settles down to the 700 RPM idle speed set via the tune parameters. It will also run down the road at 1000-1100 RPMS by itself without foot on accelerator.

Have adjusted the throttle-stop to insure it is closing all the way, set the TPS to .98 volts and disconnect the + Bat term for approx 2-3min to make it forget previous idle parameters. Verified all connections and hoses are tight with no leaks.

Anyone else seen/had these kind of problems with an Accufab?

L8 APEX
02-09-2006, 08:08 PM
They are not suppose to close 100% they come set factory. It should be cracked open a little bit. You can take this time to clean or replace the idle air valve to make sure it is working properly. I would open the tb by the set screw little by little until your problem goes away. Basically it being closed makes the computer hunt too much. It cannot run on IAC air alone.
If it did not run new out of the box there must be an install issue with a leak behind the MAF, under the intake boot etc...

04 RedApple
02-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Terry,
Cleaned the IAC Valve and have verified that there are no leaks!

It was worse out of the box. Would drop down to approx 1200 RPMs and finally settle down to 750 which was the idle speed set by the tune parameters. Adjusting the throttle stop and lowering the idle (via tune) to 700 helped to get it where it is now! Still not right!!

AFSVT01
02-09-2006, 10:47 PM
check and make sure the setscrew isnt almost falling out. i went through a week of trouble with my accufab and eventually took it to the dealership to get it fixed and it turned out to be the setscrew that they tell you not to mess with. other then that try the tps.