PDA

View Full Version : Guys who served- care package ideas?

99WhiteBeast
02-20-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm putting together a car package to send to my cousin in Iraq- any ideas from you guys?

do's and don'ts, what you would like...etc

Moonshine
02-20-2006, 02:39 PM
We've sent several packages to our guys in Iraq and Afghanistan. Stuff they routinely ask for is; baby wipes, lip balm, deodorant, jerky, sunflower seeds, pistachios, hard candy, Pringles, books, magazines, DVD's, Under Armor Cool Gear shirts.

Stuff to avoid is any food item that will melt.

my2002lightning
02-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Steve,

Here's a good url for you: http://www.anysoldier.com/WhatToSend.cfm

I'm thinking that this folding language translator that a soldier can just fold and put in their pocket would be invaluable in Iraq: http://www.kwikpoint.com/Products/Military/Iraq2.html

Ronald

Nuhklz
02-20-2006, 06:09 PM
We've sent several packages to our guys in Iraq and Afghanistan. Stuff they routinely ask for is; baby wipes, lip balm, deodorant, jerky, sunflower seeds, pistachios, hard candy, Pringles, books, magazines, DVD's, Under Armor Cool Gear shirts.

Stuff to avoid is any food item that will melt.

:tu:

Aggie Mom
02-20-2006, 06:20 PM
I do the www.anysolider.com and send about 4 packages a year. My guys like chewing tobacco and cigarettes. Marlboro regular & lights seem to be their favorite. They also like all the car and dirt bike magazines I send them. They also like the microwave beef stew in the can. If there are any women, they like scented lotions. Just an FYI...it usually costs me around $50.00 just to ship the package.

Shiner1
02-20-2006, 07:58 PM
My wife sent me tons of beef jerky. That's always good to get. As mentioned B4, gum, hard candy, mags, phone cards so they can call home. Playing cards. Letter writting supplies may be out dated today but I never had enough paper or pens to write with. IMO letters from home are better than phone calls. Granted it's always to good to hear a voice but letters last longer. Send him a couple of letters every week as well.

99WhiteBeast
02-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys and gals.:tu: