PDA

View Full Version : SCT On device data logging

PUMP
02-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Has anyone done the Xcalibrator2 firmware upgrade to 1.11 that allows on device data logging? Apparently this upgrade came out (was posted on SCTflash site) around Feb. 15th. My understanding is that this lets you log data to the Xcalibrator device and then upload to a PC for analysis, i.e. logs data without a PC being connected during the logging.

wesman
02-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I'll have to give it a try.

--wes

PUMP
02-28-2006, 12:55 AM
I upgraded the Xcal2 firmware to 1.11 and now can data log direct to the Xcal device without a laptop connected. For those who want to do this, the following link on SCTflash forum gives the directions:

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4023

It took me quite a while to figure out what to download and what to do with it afterwards.

Now I have to figure out what parameters to log.:confused:
Anyone have some pointers?

L8 APEX
02-28-2006, 01:08 AM
You need air fuel input to make a complete sentence with the data. I look at:
short term fuel trim bank 1 and 2
engine rpm
engine load
MAF counts
spark advance
I also record an analog input from my AEM wideband.
Sometimes I will record injector cycles on stock injectors if I am concerned about clipping them.
With that data I know where and how much to change a tune. Engine load is critical for correct fuel and timing. Maf counts will tell you if you are maxing out and where to make a change for air fuel.

PUMP
02-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks Terry for the input. So far the tunes you put on my Xcal seem to be working well. I will try to setup a log with the points you suggested and we will go from there.