PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new S/C tomorrow

my2002lightning
02-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, I've been having a reoccurring SES Lean Banks 1 & 2 code for a while. I finally broke-down and took it to Bankston Frisco under warranty at 41,595 miles (under 7/70 ESP). First they check the usual hose fittings and nothing, then replaced the MAF - nothing.

Then at lunch-time, they call and say I'm getting a brand-new S/C under warranty knana (I insisted no reman.) as the front "deck" below the blower-snout where it meets the I/C isn't machined 100% true and the gasket eventually let go and starting sucking in air.:hammer:

The I/C fin oil residue/sludge is as I suspected and there is light-to-moderate rotor-pack coating gone. The tech assured me they are going to yank the I/C and clean the fins, etc. with solvent.knana

I'm going to have them make sure all 8 plugs are snug while they are at it - as the plugs look to be very easy to get-on with the blower removed.

For those that don't know my truck, it's a stock '02 L except for Air-Raid and PR's Wild-Exhaust and Royal Purple 5w-20 since break-in at 3k intervals.

Also, I tried to keep my old Eaton assy. as it's sorta-kinda mine, but the Tech. said they're supposed to ship it back to SVT for QC research.

I'll take better pics tomorrow with my usual camera, as this is my camera phone.

Has anyone else seen/heard of Blower/IC fitment issues like this?

Ronald

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/SC4.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/SC2.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SC3.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/SC5.jpg

Tex Arcana
03-01-2006, 12:46 AM
damn, ROnald... you seem to have the worst luck with that thing... well, at least you don't wreck it. ;)

At least it's gettign fixed. I've never heard of this problem before, tho: is it common?? :confused:

99WhiteBeast
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Sounds like the tech needed a blower to me- well least you get a new one out of the deal

my2002lightning
03-02-2006, 02:23 AM
Well, I have the L back and it's running tip-top as Unsane and I just got back from a trip to Arlington. :banana: I did the usual check for air-dam scrapes, etc. and there were none. I noticed that they only put .6 miles on it after I dropped it off as I told the Svc. Advisor that I'm going to be noting this. :evil

This S/C has a different-sort-of "pitch" to it at idle listening to it with hood up. :cool:

Also, the I/C tank was replaced with the green fluid versus the yellow 03/04 fluid.

Yep, Steve... the tech was a modded Gen. II L owner. :cool:

Ronald

Sandman
03-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Also, the I/C tank was replaced with the green fluid versus the yellow 03/04 fluid.

They did that to mine when they put a new engine in my truck. I made them change it out. Another time they added green fluid to my yellow fluid, I made them fix that too.

c2svts
03-02-2006, 01:57 PM
I dont need a 2001 sc because i have a 2000 and they are different. As for the mass air meter the barometric was reading 147 mghz and was out of range (range 158). the green coolant was in the innercooler to start with all I did was dump what was in the inner cooler to clean the fins and
topp off the resvoir. the sc flatness was .014 and spec is 0.000 to 0.007
causing poor seal and lean codes. the pcv hose at the bottom of the intake was collapsed also. One more thing you dont have to drive to verify
lean condtion, it can be verified using scan tool under pids watching fuel tirms and o2 switching. Most svt owners do like their vehicles driven very far, so I keep it to a min.
Thanks for your help and if any one else needs serv to come see me..
cliff
:beer:

CRAVIN MOREHEAD
03-02-2006, 03:13 PM
:vomit: is your name ronald mcdonald? what a clown i cant beleve you actually went up to the shop where the tech was working on your ride and bothered that poor dude doing his job. just fyi the parts do go back to ford for warranty return it is stealing if they keep the old parts! you are an anal weird goof ball that probally needs to sell that truck before you suck the seat cover off with your retentive *******! DORK!
:throw:

Nuhklz
03-02-2006, 03:42 PM
:vomit: is your name ronald mcdonald? what a clown i cant beleve you actually went up to the shop where the tech was working on your ride and bothered that poor dude doing his job. just fyi the parts do go back to ford for warranty return it is stealing if they keep the old parts! you are an anal weird goof ball that probally needs to sell that truck before you suck the seat cover off with your retentive *******! DORK!

This thread going to get good! :evil

tiffo60
03-02-2006, 03:45 PM
:throw: And you are?:hammer:,
your first post bashing a member here:nono:

Silver_2000
03-02-2006, 04:03 PM

Cravin

Does your boss know you are posting this stuff from work ? At Bankston Ford in Frisco ? And you wonder why enthusiasts are paranoid about the treatment the vehicle gets - when Ford employees are wasting time doing this rather than working on vehicles.

You CLiff and another recent member all share the same IP.

Apparently Rondald made quite an impression at Bankston

98Cobra
03-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Cravin

Does your boss know you are posting this stuff from work ? At Bankston Ford in Frisco ? And you wonder why enthusiasts are paranoid about the treatment the vehicle gets - when Ford employees are wasting time doing this rather than working on vehicles.

You CLiff and another recent member all share the same IP.

Apparently Rondald made quite an impression at Bankston

http://home.nc.rr.com/inbedwithhomer/owned.jpg

tiffo60
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
OWNED:evil

c2svts
03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Silver, now just what ever are you trying to say. I posted to give the other side about the repairs on his truck not to bash him.

tiffo60
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Silver, now just what ever are you trying to say. I posted to give the other side about the repairs on his truck not to bash him.

i believe that was more for cravin than you

99WhiteBeast
03-02-2006, 06:36 PM
I dont need a 2001 sc because i have a 2000 and they are different. As for the mass air meter the barometric was reading 147 mghz and was out of range (range 158). the green coolant was in the innercooler to start with all I did was dump what was in the inner cooler to clean the fins and
topp off the resvoir. the sc flatness was .014 and spec is 0.000 to 0.007
causing poor seal and lean codes. the pcv hose at the bottom of the intake was collapsed also. One more thing you dont have to drive to verify
lean condtion, it can be verified using scan tool under pids watching fuel tirms and o2 switching. Most svt owners do like their vehicles driven very far, so I keep it to a min.
Thanks for your help and if any one else needs serv to come see me..
cliff
:beer:

I was just busting Ronald's chops- no offense- you sound like a respectable tech:cool:

Tex Arcana
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM

Is this fool banned yet?? I hope not, becasue I've got a few chioce words to say here... :throw:

First off, that's it the most SOPHMORIC handle I've seen in quite a while--even prepubescent boys aren't that simple anymore. :nono:

Second, if Sonny Morgan were still GM there, you'd be pounding the pavement tomorrow because your would be fired on the SPOT for such an unprofessional and ignorant statement. Hopefully, tho, you might see the error of your ways, and might actually develop a better attitude about the people who keep you employed--YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Might I remind you that SVT owners, despite their anality, are the most loyal Ford owners you will ever see. And they *are* justifiably worried that some fool will take a stupid joyride and wrap their "ride" around a telephone pole, or get caught making WOT runs up and down the freeway and destroying the engines or transmissions (this sort of activity has been documented).

Were I your boss, I would call you on the carpet and adjust your attitude. But I'm not, so I hope this will help.

EDIT: May I remind you that some techs don't mind that people watch them work, and are extra-careful to be considerate of the concerns of their customers--which, it seems, you are definitely NOT. :nono:

Silver_2000
03-02-2006, 07:09 PM

As long as you and Cravin aren't the same person then we have no issues - i appreciate you taking the time to provide some detail.

I have been contacted off line to "get people in trouble up there" - Which wouldn't be hard BUT like I said assuming you and cravin are not the same person ( I doubt it ) I wouldn't want any repercussions to impact the wrong people -

Since you have a lightning you should try to make it to one of our events - We have a meeting tonight at Humperdinks off loop 12

Doug
"Talon Internet Overlord"

SILVER2000SVT
03-02-2006, 07:18 PM

Nothing Ronald did justified comments like this. Somebody's has got to be just messing around, This guy is just another TALON member poking fun at Ronald...Rocks?

Doug can probably check the IP address

Tex Arcana
03-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Nothing Ronald did justified comments like this. Somebody's has got to be just messing around, This guy is just another TALON member poking fun at Ronald...Rocks?

I dunno.. thta was pretty vitriolic, even for Rocks. Hell I had to rein in my response...:(

c2svts
03-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Ronald,
If you do want that stuff done to your truck email me and I can do it on a sat. or a slow day..
Cliff

c2svts
03-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Since you have a lightning you should try to make it to one of our events - We have a meeting tonight at Humperdinks off loop 12

Doug
"Talon Internet Overlord"[/quote]

Cant tonight but maybe next week when the wife is on spring break, thanks though..
Cliff

Silver_2000
03-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Cant tonight but maybe next week when the wife is on spring break, thanks though..
Cliff

Meetings are the first thursday of the month - but there are other events posted in the events forum as well

Hope to see you next month

03LightningRocks
03-02-2006, 10:46 PM

One thing you need to know about me. If I have something to say, I won't hide behind a nick to say it. I am the kind of feller that really doesn't give a sh!t if you like his opinion or not.

:ron: and I go back and forth on occasion
busting each others hump. Tex and I do also. None of us hide like weasels to give each other a hard time. Besides, if we hide when we give each other crap, it takes the fun out of it.

On the topic of the user IP of the post in question. Doug, I was a bit suspicious of a newbie who logged on a few weeks ago and began to give Tom from Cali a hand job. What are the nicks for this guy from Bankston?
I am wondering if the hand job poster was one of them.

Silver_2000
03-02-2006, 10:50 PM
One thing you need to know about me. If I have something to say, I won't hide behind a nick to say it. I am the kind of feller that really doesn't give a sh!t if you like his opinion or not.

:ron: and I go back and forth on occasion busting each others hump. Tex and I do also. None of us hide like weasels to give each other a hard time. Besides, if we hide when we give each other crap, it takes the fun out of it.

On the topic of the user IP of the post in question. Doug, I was a bit suspicious of a newbie who logged on a few weeks ago and began to give Tom from Cali a hand job. What are the nicks for this guy from Bankston? I am wondering if the hand job poster was one of them.

send me the details in email or IM and ill check into it ...

my2002lightning
03-03-2006, 01:41 AM
"Cravin",

I would like to discuss this matter with you and your Mgr. soon.

Thank you,

Ronald

SILVER2000SVT
03-03-2006, 07:53 AM
One thing you need to know about me. If I have something to say, I won't hide behind a nick to say it. I am the kind of feller that really doesn't give a sh!t if you like his opinion or not...

I honestly don't think you would be like this, I was just using you as an example. I hope you didn't take any offense.

I just find it hard to believe that someone from outside would come on here and be that *****(can even think of a word good enough to describe it):confused:

I guess I'm just looking through my rose colored glasses.

Beaudee
03-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Sounds to me like your cravin a woopin JAMF.

03LightningRocks
03-03-2006, 08:26 PM
I honestly don't think you would be like this, I was just using you as an example. I hope you didn't take any offense.

I just find it hard to believe that someone from outside would come on here and be that *****(can even think of a word good enough to describe it):confused:

I guess I'm just looking through my rose colored glasses.

Yeah...it did get to me a little. I took your post to mean that you thought I would sneak around like some kind of punk talking sh!t on a guy.

No hard feelings on my part....:D.

03LightningRocks
03-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Sounds to me like your cravin a woopin JAMF.

UH OH.... Beaudee is issuing cans of woop ass again...:eek:

:rll:

my2002lightning
03-04-2006, 04:34 AM
I could tell right away that it wasn't Uncle Rocks.:D

Cravin's post was actually grammatically correct in spelling and sentence structure for Uncle Rocks to pull a fast-one on us. :evil Not the same person. :burnout:

Cravin,

Feel free to call or email me directly, as I'm sure you have my contact info. Yes, I've got a better idea who you are, now. :cool:

Ronald

dboat
03-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Cravin,

Feel free to call or email me directly, as I'm sure you have my contact info. Yes, I've got a better idea who you are, now. :cool:

Ronald

Ronald, if you expect him to contact you, you are dreaming.. it aint gonna happen. why would he? I would call the manager and arrange a face to face meeting with him and take printoutsof the thread. b4 he edits them away.
Dana

QDRHRSE
03-04-2006, 08:56 AM

:ron: and I go back and forth on occasion busting each others hump. Tex and I do also. None of us hide like weasels to give each other a hard time. Besides, if we hide when we give each other crap, it takes the fun out of it.

On the topic of the user IP of the post in question. Doug, I was a bit suspicious of a newbie who logged on a few weeks ago and began to give Tom from Cali a hand job. What are the nicks for this guy from Bankston? I am wondering if the hand job poster was one of them.

Hey old man, I haven' had a hand job from anybody but my wife for a long time! Anyway, I don't think :ron: actually needs any help. He could have that guy crying if he wanted to.