PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

ChronicReign
03-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Here is my situation. I have been doing the console mod on my L. I ordered all the hardware that I needed through Ford for the console and new seat. I just recieved my seat back from the upholstry shop today and tried to bolt it back into my truck. I found out that the seat bracket that was shipped to me, does not fit in my truck. I called Ford and asked them about it, and I was told that the old part that I needed had been superceded and is no longer made by ford. Instead, I got the new peice, which doesn't fit.

Does anyone, by any chance, have a seat bracket that they would be willing to sell? The original part # is #F65Z-1561709-CAJ (it was superceded by #F65Z-1561709-AAM which doesnt fit). I am at a loss about what to do. My seat is already cut, so without this bracket I can't put another seat in. Any help would be appretiated. Thanks guys.

Shawn

Shiner1
03-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Junk Yard ?

99WhiteBeast
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
I thought an Explorer seat bracket was needed or something. I bought one for someone at one time.

Jeffrey (Alpine) knows so maybe he'll chime in here

ChronicReign
03-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Just an update, I found a Ford Dealership in Baton Rouge that still had the old seat bracket, so I purchased it from them. There was another dealership in Mass. that had one two, but other than that there were none left in the whole country. I feel lucky that I got one, I hope this one fits correctly.

So baring any disaster from occuring I should have the seat in by middle of next week :beer: