PDA

View Full Version : Ruslow's rear qa1 heim kit

L-Fever
03-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Installing this weekend. Anyone else tried these?

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ruslow_rear_shock_heim_kit_001.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ruslow_rear_shock_heim_kit_002.jpg

Alpine
03-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Installing this weekend. Anyone else tried these?

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ruslow_rear_shock_heim_kit_001.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/ruslow_rear_shock_heim_kit_002.jpgDid they come with instructions? :tongue:

L-Fever
03-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Did they come with instructions? :tongue:

Now that was some funny chit!:rll::rll:

Nuhklz
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Did they come with instructions? :tongue:

Is this called cross-threading??

L-Fever
03-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Is this called cross-threading??

You guys are killing me today! I spewed diet soda all over my keyboard!
:rll::rll::rll:

L-Fever
03-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, I installed the heim kit yesterday and I like them alot. You will need a 14mm and 15mm deep socket and a couple large end wrenches to remove the fine threaded shock stud and bushing assembly and replace the with the heim joint. Very easy install and you don't have to unbolt or remove the bed. :tu::tu:

dboat
03-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, I installed the heim kit yesterday and I like them alot. You will need a 14mm and 15mm deep socket and a couple large end wrenches to remove the fine threaded shock stud and bushing assembly and replace the with the heim joint. Very easy install and you don't have to unbolt or remove the bed. :tu::tu:

BF,
what exactly do these things do for you? you know, so I can explain it to my wife why I will need them soon... :evil

honestly, what are they for?
Dana

L-Fever
03-11-2006, 11:27 AM
BF,
what exactly do these things do for you? you know, so I can explain it to my wife why I will need them soon... :evil

honestly, what are they for?

Dana

They are supposed to place the shocks in a better angle/mechanical position to reduce squeaking and binding. And also makes it very easy to install new qa1's the next time around.

dboat
03-11-2006, 03:01 PM
They are supposed to place the shocks in a better angle/mechanical position to reduce squeaking and binding. And also makes it very easy to install new qa1's the next time around.

Thats cool.. did it work as advertised?

L-Fever
03-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Thats cool.. did it work as advertised?

So far, so good. I really like em!

99WhiteBeast
03-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I wonder if that would solve my popping problem when going up steep inclines and turning to the left:confused:

L-Fever
03-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I wonder if that would solve my popping problem when going up steep inclines and turning to the left:confused:

Could be a solution, I wonder, did you check to see if your left rear top shock mount/bushings are loose and moving just enought to make that sound?..hmmm???

PoorSvtman
03-12-2006, 02:30 PM

Moms truck is doing the same thing....

Tex Arcana
03-12-2006, 02:43 PM

On NLOC, I noticed there was a rash of broken top shafts as well, because the urethane bushings that're sent with them are too stiff to allow the shock to move well when the axle wraps up. Stan showed some genius when he came up with these. :tu: I'll be installing mine this week as well.

By the way, did you install bushings, or just crank the mount down directly onto the frame?

Tex Arcana
03-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Maybe what you need is a lift kit...:tongue:

L-Fever
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
On NLOC, I noticed there was a rash of broken top shafts as well, because the urethane bushings that're sent with them are too stiff to allow the shock to move well when the axle wraps up. Stan showed some genius when he came up with these. :tu: I'll be installing mine this week as well.

By the way, did you install bushings, or just crank the mount down directly onto the frame?

I just snugged em' up real tight.