PDA

View Full Version : Need to borrow/rent L or HD leaf springs... truck is down... HELP!

2002GreyHd150
03-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone... I am not-so-patiently waiting for Hotchkis to send me warranty Leaf Springs for my '02 harley F150... no ETA to them & then its 3-days to me.. I cannot be without my truck another week++...

Anyone (Austin North preferably) have a set of L or HD leaf springs they can let me borrow or Rent for a week or so?

I do painted trim items, tailgate handles, wiper cowls, mirrors etc, willing to trade/partial trade for use of the leafs until hotchkis comes through..

Willing to drive a ways to meet up... need to get the truck back on the road by Monday.

any help or leads, much appreciated.

thanks in advance...

Rob W

SILVER2000SVT
03-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I have one extra hotchkis leaf spring, if one does you any good. :confused:

2002GreyHd150
03-10-2006, 03:46 PM
thanks for that offer... unfortunately the "L" spec TVS springs are different... :cuss:

I went through that the first time.. LOL

thanks for offering...

Rob W

Mark #2
03-10-2006, 06:11 PM
I have a set of stock 2000 L springs, don't know if they will fit.

You are welcome to borrow/rent them, but since you are so new around here and I don't know you, I would require a $300 cash deposit to take them, similar to renting tools from Autozone etc.

Sorry about the lack of trust, but I've been burned too many times on loaned tools and parts before not coming back.

Others here can vouch for me and my integrity if you are concerned.
Mark

2002GreyHd150
03-10-2006, 06:19 PM
mark... i totally understand.. I am waiting to hear the final word from Hotchkis in a few hours...

the L & HD springs are physically the same length etc.. the difference is payload.. I won't be hauling or towing anything.. I just need "suspended" LOL... so I can run errands & get to & from...

I will send you a PM when I know what's going on..

Rob W

Mark #2
03-10-2006, 06:20 PM
mark... i totally understand.. I am waiting to hear the final word from Hotchkis in a few hours...

the L & HD springs are physically the same length etc.. the difference is payload.. I won't be hauling or towing anything.. I just need "suspended" LOL... so I can run errands & get to & from...

I will send you a PM when I know what's going on..

Rob W

Okay cool.

PoorSvtman
03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
I have a set off 99-00 leafs. Have one leaf taken out. One of them is sagging so your truck will sit a little lower on one side. I can put the leafs back in as well.... If i dont get them back it wont hurt my feelings any. They are sitting behind my shed i think

dboat
03-10-2006, 07:28 PM
I have a set of stock 2000 L springs, don't know if they will fit.

You are welcome to borrow/rent them, but since you are so new around here and I don't know you, I would require a $300 cash deposit to take them, similar to renting tools from Autozone etc.

Sorry about the lack of trust, but I've been burned too many times on loaned tools and parts before not coming back.

Others here can vouch for me and my integrity if you are concerned.
Mark

Mark,
udaman...:tu:
Dana

2002GreyHd150
03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
thanks Mike & Mark...

I will be in contact tomorrow.. I am trying to take over the wife's mountaineer all next week, but I have to take her to the Galleria & pick her up everyday.. :nono: if I can help it.. ah NO....

thanks again..

Rob W

Silver_2000
03-11-2006, 09:54 AM
My 2004s are in the garage
Like mark - I want them back but you can use them if you want

Too bad I didnt see this earlier - Went on road trip this weekend and could have loaded them

Doug

2002GreyHd150
03-12-2006, 10:21 AM
thanks everyone.. I really appreicate the generosity...

I did manage to find a set of stock HDavidson Springs to use for the week...

thanks again...

If I can help anyone with Audio installs, or plug changes etc.. feel free to hit me up... always glad to return the favor(s)

Rob w