PDA

View Full Version : Dyno results

Tex Arcana
03-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Damn, I must admit, this turned out fairly well:

http://tinypic.com/r8v9sh.jpg

However, that a/f ratio seems a bit troubling: they guys at HPP were all over that, trying to talk me into a new tuner/tune/etc. I did talk to Jason earlier this evening, and he assures me it's not a problem; Dana sez so, too, since this was his old tuner.

I kinda think that the dyno wasn't at it's best, having had the bearings lubes twice in the morning before I got there, and seeming "stiff", in that there were vehicles showing numbers that were low for their normal numbers; so, methinks that maybe I'm not showing my true numbers, both in power output and a/f.

However, I just changed the filter, from the stock box with a K&N, to a 12" open cone: I wonder if that was the reason for the high a/f?

Any thoughts are welcome. :tu:

WA 2 FST
03-12-2006, 02:33 AM
I would get it dyno'd at another shop before getting all hot and bothered by the A/F ratio. Those sensors need to be maintained. They can certainly be erroneous (moreso than the dyno itself as far as the HP/TQ #s go). I'm thinking at 13.0:1 you'd be hearing some dreaded "clatter" on the dyno in high gear, but that's just my opinion.

Did you get a feel for any other vehicles there that seemed to be showing a higher than normal A/F ratio?

Tex Arcana
03-12-2006, 02:19 PM
I would get it dyno'd at another shop before getting all hot and bothered by the A/F ratio. Those sensors need to be maintained. They can certainly be erroneous (moreso than the dyno itself as far as the HP/TQ #s go). I'm thinking at 13.0:1 you'd be hearing some dreaded "clatter" on the dyno in high gear, but that's just my opinion.

Did you get a feel for any other vehicles there that seemed to be showing a higher than normal A/F ratio?

I was told that the a/f sniffers tend to read a bit high, so if that's true, it was really running in the vicinity of 12.5:1, which isn't bad.

Manny said he didn't hear any clattering or pinging, and neither did I. I've never flet any problems like that, either, the only noise I ever hear is #8 piston slap at cold startup, which has been there from day one.

Any other thoughts?

WA 2 FST
03-12-2006, 02:28 PM
They do read a bit high since you're sniffing it at the tailpipe behind the catalytic converters.