PDA

View Full Version : So we go have dinner at dickies bbq

diablolightning
03-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Well we decide to take the L and we have a nice drive w/ windows down. We get there park, and sit down to eat. we get ready to go so my woman takes my daughter to the restroom so I head out to start the truck. i open the door and start it. Out of the corner of my eye I see the glove box is open so I figure she got something out and left it open, and then I see out the pass. window, maybe I left it down right. then I see some shiney stuff on the seat. So i realized someone broke into my truck:eek: :mad: . I am surprised and pissed. they took my woman's purse w/ wallet/ credit cards and her radio face, and some cologne I had in the glove box. I shut off the truck and went back inside because there was a cop eating in there. he drove around came back and did the report. I was parked in the front row by the street and there was still light out. I can't believe it he says and told him you can't I can't. my windows are quite dark ( maybe, illegal :D ) I don't have an aftermarket radio just an amp and a 10. the only thing visible are my guages. but what can you do. alright had to let some steam out.
So anyone know any decent priced places for a window:(
Miguel

L8 APEX
03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Some call me paranoid the way I watch for theiving. It is everywhere all the time. A purse in the seat is mighty temping though, identity scams are a bitch!

99WhiteBeast
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Heck same thing happened to me today. I was at a major Arlington sporting complex watching the young ens' play soccer this afternoon. We were parked two spots off the front aisle in plain site from all the fields. Wifey left the purse in the floorboard- she almost always puts in the trunk. Broke the passenger window to get it.:mad:
There is a ton of walking traffic to and from the fields right there-This was a very brazen individual.

Checkbook, checkcard, credit card, cash, jewelry......This is the second time in little over a year I've been broken into-last time was the G1- its getting old:hammer:

diablolightning
03-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Heck same thing happened to me today. I was at a major Arlington sporting complex watching the young ens' play soccer this afternoon. We were parked two spots off the front aisle in plain site from all the fields. Wifey left the purse in the floorboard- she almost always puts in the trunk. Broke the passenger window to get it.:mad:
There is a ton of walking traffic to and from the fields right there-This was a very brazen individual.

Checkbook, checkcard, credit card, cash, jewelry......This is the second time in little over a year I've been broken into-last time was the G1- its getting old:hammer:

you ain't kidding. I don't know why the hell she needs her f-ing purse if we are going out to eat and i'm paying she should of left it at home.

03LightningRocks
03-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Not that it matters, but was it the Dickeys in east Plano? That area has some real POS mutha fockers walking around it. The whole neighborhood over there needs to be burned to the ground. The only time I ever thought I was going to be killed was right down the way from that Dickeys on 14th street. SOB stuck a gun in my back and robbed my arse. No tough guy crap from me. I gave up my money and stood there frozen for a minute or so after I heard him running off. That happened 24 years ago....it has gotten worse since then. About 15 years ago, I saw a dead wetback in a grassy field right across the street from that same dickeys. One of his homies stabbed him. The cops left him laying out in the open for about an hour or so while the crime scene folks did their bit. I must have driven by and looked at him 5 times. It seemed so surreal I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I usually try to park where I can watch my vehicles...and I never leave anything laying in view of potential scum bags. It might be cool to start laying traps for theives. leave sh!t in the seat and then sit hidden and wait. I bet it would not be long before you catch one of them in the act. Hell, why aren't cops doing stuff like this???? Oh yeah, I forgot, they are writing tickets to speeding minivan moms.

:flaming:

dboat
03-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Miguel,
sorry to hear about this. This is one of the things that my wife and I don't miss about Dallas. It was getting bad when we were there. I didn't put an aftermarket stereo in my L just because I didn't want to entice that type of behavior. Hope it all turns out well for you. I assume that you have notified all your credit cards and such..
Dana

skalywags
03-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Had my complete Stereo system lifted Dec 23 - someone got a nice Christmas gift!

tliss
03-13-2006, 07:43 AM
That sucks Miguel. I hope you cancelled the cards and whatnot quickly and nothing got charged before you did.

I just found out this morning that I had a little vandalism done to the vehicle we were looking to trade in on a new one. Turns out someone this weekend decided to take a key to the two passenger side doors :flaming: . Noticed it this morning after I got to the office. Could have been anywhere...my wife's family is in town and they went all over the place shopping this weekend. It just amazes me how disrespectful people can be...I say it's time we start adopting some laws from third-world countries! If you're caught stealing, you lose a hand...

Tom

L-Fever
03-13-2006, 08:02 AM
This really sucks! Sorry to hear about this Miguel ,Steve, and Tom!:mad:

L8 APEX
03-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Damn guys..
Time for a two way alarm system. At least you have a chance of knowing when it is happening. I always park with the antenna facing in my direction for best range. I also had them install microvision inside in case they reached through a window or crawled in the slider. I armed the truck with my windows down Saturday and I set it off when I threw my jacket in the window. I guess neither or these vehicles had an alarm that went off?
I also installed door switches on my trailer and they set off my alarm when a door is opened or someone unplugs the trailer from the truck. This helps you sleep a little better when racing across the country.
http://www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/images/tx2.jpg (http://www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/default.asp)

tliss
03-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Damn guys..
Time for a two way alarm system. At least you have a chance of knowing when it is happening. I always park with the antenna facing in my direction for best range. I also had them install microvision inside in case they reached through a window or crawled in the slider. I guess neither or these vehicles had an alarm that went off?
http://www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/images/tx2.jpg (http://www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/default.asp)

I don't think there's an alarm out there that will go off when someone keys it, unless you have it turned up so sensitive a breeze will set it off. If there is one that will help prevent this kind of sh!t from occurring let me know. Would yours tell you someone way taking a key to your truck? If so, where'd you get it and how much was it?

Tom

L8 APEX
03-13-2006, 08:30 AM
That's a little different topic Tom, alarms are intended to fight vehicle entry and mobilization. Keying is vandalization like bird poop, egging, painting etc.. 1 year, 34K and not a single false alarm that is a quality installation.

tliss
03-13-2006, 09:27 AM
That's a little different topic Tom, alarms are intended to fight vehicle entry and mobilization. Keying is vandalization like bird poop, egging, painting etc.. 1 year, 34K and not a single false alarm that is a quality installation.

Gotcha. I have alarms on my vehicles that matter and it just makes sense. Anything that can be done to prevent theft is a must. I like the idea of cameras in the Lightning...I wonder what a system of microcameras and a hard drive on which to record motion would cost...

Tom

03LightningRocks
03-13-2006, 11:49 AM
I can almost understand the thought process behind a guy stealing stuff. Desperation, greed, laziness, stupidity... But the jag offs that do damage just for the heck of it, I don't get.

bobbywade69
03-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I feel your pain bro, I lived in a apartment for 4 years and always parked in the same spot, it was dark non-lighted I just knew one day it would happen. Well the wife wanted me to park closer to the door so I did one day and told her I don't park here cause stuff gets stolen here and bam that morning come down stairs and see glass all over the L $4800 in goods stolen and it was stuff you couldn't even see! Couple months later I bought a beater to drive to work nothing in it at all not even a radio come home one day and all 4 windows busted out of it and the stole one 3" factory blown speaker out of the door!!! And it rain the morning before and flooded the car!!!!! People don't care anymore!!!!!!

All this ended when I got my 2-way alarm system on the L no false alarms and one ATEMPED break-in!!

WA 2 FST
03-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Some call me paranoid the way I watch for theiving. It is everywhere all the time. A purse in the seat is mighty temping though, identity scams are a bitch!

Yep... I _never_ leave anything in sight.

diablolightning
03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
well they caught the fukers that stole our stuff last night a couple of hrs after it happened. We did cancel all the cards and stuff right after it happened in the parking lot. and Rocks it was in east plano, I wanted to go to spring creek bbq in richardson/ n dallas area but we were hungry and decided to go a little closer. I live in the 15th and custer area. but back to the thieves, they apparently hit a couple of cars throughout the night and tried to steal a mini poket bike. the owner saw the car stop and the robber get out of the car. As soon as he saw him walk to his house and mess w/ the bike he wrote the plate #. he called the cops w/ the info and then ran out and scared them off. the cops were already in the neighbor hood and surounded them and arrested 2. one did get away but they think he will get radded out. I got a call at about 10:45 from the cops saying they found our stuff. so we went to the pd station. it looked like a garage sale!:eek2: **** everywhere. There were other people that showed up to pick up some belonging while we were there.There were bags og evidence every where! cd players, clothes, cd wallets, cd cases stuffed animals, tools, and all kinds of other stuff. we are going to go ahead and do as much as we can to get money for the window and tint, i dought we'll get ****. And try to get these ****ers to stay in jail as long as possible I'm not even that worried about the window but i want them to go to jail as long as i can help them stay.:evil and i wish for them to get rapped by some 7ft big black garrs.;)

Miguel

Btw I'm getting a carlite window for $95

02 lightning
03-13-2006, 11:08 PM
if u guys need a 2 way pager alarm system there is a guy in arlington that will give you a good price on it

give him a call and tell him carlos sent you

here is his # 817 275 2834

my2002lightning
03-14-2006, 02:11 AM
Car thieves burn my @ss, too Miguel! Good luck. Been there... done that.:cool:

We always lay-low in the Liberty for evening grocery-gettin' missions.;)

Ronald