PDA

View Full Version : California standards

98Cobra
03-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Someone emailed this to me. Holy crap. Sounds like they will send you to the PMITA prison for having adjustable timing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCyMkB0uMeg&feature=Views&page=2&t=t&f=b

:bs- new offical flag of the People's Republic of California

dboat
03-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Someone emailed this to me. Holy crap. Sounds like they will send you to the PMITA prison for having adjustable timing!

that would just suck.. however, you can do most of this legally without getting in trouble..

Dana

Mark #2
03-13-2006, 09:20 PM

Wow, that is just wrong, PRC is correct, and I thought living in Richardson was tough, and it is.

My neighbor got a ticket for putting out his garbage a day early this week, I guess I better go trim the bushes and paint new numbers on the curbs.

I got a ticket for not having reflective numbers on the back of the house and weak painted numbers on the curbs.

Partial list of notifications: Car in the driveway with a cover on it, parking a motorcycle for sale, wrong type of trash bags, trees not trimmed 7' off the side walk, mailbox post not straight, boat sitting partially off the driveway, bushes not trimmed to acceptable height, I could go on...

Still can't believe I got my shop through the Richardson system, but the building inspector was a Porsche fan.

This is getting way out of hand.

QDRHRSE
03-13-2006, 10:54 PM
That video is a bunch of BS....plus it's for the San Diego area. I have never seen a cop do that....I got arested for racing in 93 and the cops didn't even take a second look at my car which was on the cover of HotRod 2 months prior. I only mention that because the car was obviously heavily modified. It's bad out here but not that bad.

Silver_2000
03-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow, that is just wrong, PRC is correct, and I thought living in Richardson was tough, and it is.

My neighbor got a ticket for putting out his garbage a day early this week, I guess I better go trim the bushes and paint new numbers on the curbs.

I got a ticket for not having reflective numbers on the back of the house and weak painted numbers on the curbs.

Partial list of notifications: Car in the driveway with a cover on it, parking a motorcycle for sale, wrong type of trash bags, trees not trimmed 7' off the side walk, mailbox post not straight, boat sitting partially off the driveway, bushes not trimmed to acceptable height, I could go on...

Still can't believe I got my shop through the Richardson system, but the building inspector was a Porsche fan.

This is getting way out of hand.

You MUST have painted curb numbers ?
I figured they were a nice to have - never seen a neighborhood where they were required. Around here you only get trouble like that if a neighbor turns you in

WA 2 FST
03-13-2006, 11:30 PM
That is complete crap. I hope the guy who bought my LX a few years ago (and who lives in San Jose) never gets pulled over. :nono: It'd be a shame to see that car impounded.

I do think its interesting that the visual "cues" they use are typical ricer junk... fart-pipe, stickers, slammed suspension, and goofy clear "Altezza" turn lamp lenses. Maybe the police will rid our society of ricers? One can only hope.

FRDRCING
03-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah it would be nice for them to get rid of the rice cars out there as they are mostly the ones who get killed or injured in street racing.

98Cobra
03-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah it would be nice for them to get rid of the rice cars out there as they are mostly the ones who get killed or injured in street racing.

Seems appropriate:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Martin_Niem%C3%B6ller

:)