PDA

View Full Version : Fscking breakin!! :madder'n'hell:

Tex Arcana
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
OMFG, I was so PISSED OFF!! Some motherfocker went and did THIS:
http://i1.tinypic.com/rswg09.jpg

FOKKING BASTARDS!!! If I find the corksocker, I will effing put a pair of caps in his KNEES!! :mad:

http://i1.tinypic.com/rswhfq.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/rswm4h.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/rswpkl.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/rswqol.jpg

I called the cops, and he pointed out what broke the glass:
http://i1.tinypic.com/rswtno.jpg

A freaking spark plug insulator!! He said (and the glass guys said this too) that merely tossing a piece of insulator ceramic would shatter tempered glass like it wasn't there. :(

Son. Of. A. Bitch. This pisses me off to NO END. :mad: And the insurances won't cover either, because the deductibles are too high.

It happened between midnite and 8am on Wednesday.

As far as we can tell, it was either someone who konws me and knows where I live (still very unlikely), or one of the construction workers across the street who was bored that morning. At least it has a serial number, if the bastard tries to sell it to a pawn shop, I'll be getting it back. And the wife has said I can go ahead and replace it, and if we get it back, SHE gets the old one. ;)

Still, it was aggravating and wasted alot of time I needed for other things. :cry:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, it was my V1 they took. :hammer:

wesman
03-19-2006, 09:06 PM
DAyumm...sorry to see that.

What was taken ? You mentioned a serial #, but not what was taken (unless I missed it)

There's been a string of this kind of crap going around it seems.

--wes

True Blue Aggie
03-19-2006, 09:06 PM
What was stolen? Looks like everything in the truck is still in tact...cept for the window????

Lyfisin
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
It was his V-1. :(

dboat
03-19-2006, 09:34 PM
At least it has a serial number, if the bastard tries to sell it to a pawn shop, I'll be getting it back. And the wife has said I can go ahead and replace it, and if we get it back, SHE gets the old one. ;)

Still, it was aggravating and wasted alot of time I needed for other things. :cry:

What was stolen? Sorry to hear about this..
Dana

BC Lightning
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Its getting to the point to where no one can have anything nice :flaming:

Lyfisin
03-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey Dana,

It was his V-1. :(

Brook

Tex Arcana
03-19-2006, 10:26 PM
Its getting to the point to where no one can have anything nice :flaming:
No kidding.. and what was worse was the fact it was sitting in my driveway outside the garage. :flaming:

L8 APEX
03-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Construction crews are known for shopping on their lunch breaks. A buddy had his dog stolen by some workers in his new subdivision. I went to Sears in the hood to warranty some broken tools today. I got my transaction done quickly but my friend wanted to look around a little bit. I kept close to the front door keeping an eye on my truck. I don't go to movies either as they are a break in haven for thiefs. Society needs to get a hold on this stuff quickly!

WA 2 FST
03-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Construction crews are known for shopping on their lunch breaks. A buddy had his dog stolen by some workers in his new subdivision. I went to Sears in the hood to warranty some broken tools today. I got my transaction done quickly but my friend wanted to look around a little bit. I kept close to the front door keeping an eye on my truck. I don't go to movies either as they are a break in haven for thiefs. Society needs to get a hold on this stuff quickly!

Yep. The only vehicle I leave for extended periods of time without my eyes on it is my '91 S-10 beater. It doesn't even have a radio. :tongue:

Thieves would quit if 1) the punishment was more harsh, or 2) gun laws and "protection" laws allowed owners to shoot to kill and not have to worry about potential consequences.

Nothing inside someone's vehicle (or the vehicle itself) is worth losing your life over. If a thief really and truly thought he might die, it would be at least somewhat of a deterrant.

Sorry about the mishap, Tex. :(

Tex Arcana
03-19-2006, 11:42 PM

It was partly my fault for leaving the thing in the window, but I expected to be out there before 9 to begin working again. :crying: I got the asschewing for leaving it up in the window instead of taking it down. :(

my2002lightning
03-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Damned sorry to hear of this Tex, as you live in a NICE neighborhood! :hammer: My L is pulled in the garage whenever possible.

The only vehicle of ours that regularly sits outside is my daily '95 T-Bird, and I'm hesitant of driving the L to work (you know where) on Fridays as a treat to myself.

But work has recently torn down the Nazi security gates and erected signs saying "Not responsible for theft, etc.".

As previously mentioned, you can't have anything nice for SOME people. :mad:

Ronald

Tex Arcana
03-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Yep. The only vehicle I leave for extended periods of time without my eyes on it is my '91 S-10 beater. It doesn't even have a radio. :tongue:

Thieves would quit if 1) the punishment was more harsh, or 2) gun laws and "protection" laws allowed owners to shoot to kill and not have to worry about potential consequences.

Nothing inside someone's vehicle (or the vehicle itself) is worth losing your life over. If a thief really and truly thought he might die, it would be at least somewhat of a deterrant.

Thanks Wes... one thing the cop mentioned, is that I need motion-sensor lights out back and around the house. THat's one reason they didn't have a problem snealking up, and that even leaving the outside lights on wouldn't've helped.

L8 APEX
03-20-2006, 12:13 AM
It is hard to take everything out of your truck everytime you park it. Hell, what kind of life is that. Especially folks that live and run a business out of their trucks. I am constantly worried my laptop bag will get stolen. I have way too much crap in there to take it all out everytime I park.

03LightningRocks
03-20-2006, 12:16 AM
This kind of sh!t has gotten worse since the influx of cock roaches from Louisianna. Dallas took on at least 30,000 people who have no intentions of working. How else are they going to make a buck?

Tex Arcana
03-20-2006, 12:23 AM
This kind of sh!t has gotten worse since the influx of cock roaches from Louisianna. Dallas took on at least 30,000 people who have no intentions of working. How else are they going to make a buck?
By making bogus FEMA claims, of course!! :rll:

01 InDaHouse
03-20-2006, 02:49 AM
My window was dont the same way fellas about a month ago in my apt complex! watch it out there!:mad:

Beaudee
03-20-2006, 03:34 AM
I still have my 4 camera security system 4-sale.Monitor,4 cameras and time lapse recorder.1 vcr tape can run for 40 days.Also all cameras have sound,you can here a fart across the street.Freeekin jealous bastards!!:flaming:Shotgun with buckshot you need to supply.

dboat
03-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Hey Dana,
Brook

well now you see what happens when you open 20+ windows on three different forums at the same time:hammer: dang it.. thanks, I do it that way, go thru everything and mark the forums read.. I guess its maybe not the optimal way but it is the best time saver I have found..

thanks

03LightningRocks
03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
well now you see what happens when you open 20+ windows on three different forums at the same time:hammer: dang it.. thanks, I do it that way, go thru everything and mark the forums read.. I guess its maybe not the optimal way but it is the best time saver I have found..

thanks

I guess I will probably never quite figure out why this would be a "time saver".

wesman
03-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Wes... one thing the cop mentioned, is that I need motion-sensor lights out back and around the house. THat's one reason they didn't have a problem snealking up, and that even leaving the outside lights on wouldn't've helped.

Yep....I've got them, my stuff hasn't been messed with since I've had them. The three cops that have had multiple things taken/vandalized don't have them......I definitely contribute some of that to the motion lights.

--wes

99WhiteBeast
03-20-2006, 01:27 PM

I'm the same way-drive a beater if leaving it for long periods of time- movie, dinner...

As far as the punishment goes it is time to go medieval on there arses- cut their hands off

LivinEZ
03-20-2006, 02:35 PM
This kinda thing is never good. I'm with Steve...Off with thier hands (or head)...

After Steve's truck got broken into when Michelle lived across the street from me, I make sure my L is always in the garage.

03LightningRocks
03-20-2006, 02:58 PM
It has gotten to a point now where I come out of restraunts almost expecting to see the window broke out of my vehicles. I have trouble understanding why nobody ever see's this crap when it is happening. It is downright frustrating at times. I have considered getting one of the alarm systems that notify me if my vehicle is getting assualted, but truefully, what the hell am I going to do if I come running up on them? Throw a rock at them? Get shot trying to save my stereo? Even if you have a concealed carry permit, most places won't allow you to bring the gun inside anyway. Especially not a place that serves liquor. So now my gun is in the truck for the thieves to shoot me with if I do come after them. We all get pissed and talk of how we would do this and that, but realisticly we can't do squawt, even if we see the crime happening. You stand there with your loved ones thinking if you make a move and loose, you could get your wife or kids killed. I am beginning to think it would be better to just leave the window down so they don't break the glass.

Lyfisin
03-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I have considered getting one of the alarm systems that notify me if my vehicle is getting assualted

A friend of mine in California thought about getting one of those, but he decided his buddies would probably screw with his car just to get him to come outside.

We can't win.

WA 2 FST
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Rocks,

You're right... if it came down to it, my own life is worth more than anything in the vehicle, and I would never take chances with family/friends around.

But if I happen to be armed and they're breaking in while I am watching, then they will have to pull some rounds out of their proverbial arse.

dboat
03-20-2006, 08:45 PM
I guess I will probably never quite figure out why this would be a "time saver".

unfortunately, its my own hyperbolic way of thinking on this...:evil

Tex Arcana
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Personally, I just want 5 minutes with the perpetrator, with either a weapon or a lead pipe--just for "personal gratification" :evil

03LightningRocks
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
unfortunately, its my own hyperbolic way of thinking on this...:evil

:rll: ...If I open more than about three windows, I get irritated looking at the clutter on my desk top. That would be my OCD kicking in. You should see me late at night checking all the pictures on the wall with my level :eek:.

03LightningRocks
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Personally, I just want 5 minutes with the perpetrator, with either a weapon or a lead pipe--just for "personal gratification" :evil

I know how you feel. My son's stereo,(which is basicly mine since the car he drives is on my insurance), got jacked. Not two damned days after he replaced it...Bam...focking thieves hit him again..causing more damage than the first one. I thought about sitting in the dark waiting with a gun...then I got my senses back just in time to cash another insurance check. He lives and goes to school in Austin...where the thieves are more irrational than here in Plano. The homies in Austin prey on the college students. He used the insurance money to buy an IPOD and he just plugs it into his speakers when he is in the car. He left the hole in the dash so anybody that looks in the car thinks it is not worth breaking into.

Tex Arcana
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I know how you feel. My son's stereo,(which is basicly mine since the car he drives is on my insurance), got jacked. Not two damned days after he replaced it...Bam...focking thieves hit him again..causing more damage than the first one. I thought about sitting in the dark waiting with a gun...then I got my senses back just in time to cash another insurance check. He lives and goes to school in Austin...where the thieves are more irrational than here in Plano. The homies in Austin prey on the college students. He used the insurance money to buy an IPOD and he just plugs it into his speakers when he is in the car. He left the hole in the dash so anybody that looks in the car thinks it is not worth breaking into.
My youngber son has had his stereo and CDs jacked at least 3 times in the last 8 years. Of course, he has a system that would shake the foundations, so he "announces his presence with authority" :rll:

I was talking to one of my neighbors, and she's had her horse barn vandalized at least 8 times in the past year, they finally called the cops the last time it was done. We both think maybe the contruction workers might've been the perps, since we are the two who complain the most when they break the rules about running their contruction equipment thru our street. :nono:

microsuck
03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
or 2) gun laws and "protection" laws allowed owners to shoot to kill and not have to worry about potential consequences.

You can shoot someone to protect your personal property. I'm not endorsing it, but if thats your style, its a legal option.

Yet another reason so do a sneaky V1 install.....:tu:

I hope they get caught trying to sell it. Make sure you call valentine and report the serial stolen also. That way they cant upgrade it.

I suggest alarms that make go off when glass breaks or with a shock sensor. Not just the door opens. My truck is too big for the garrage, but the alarm wakes me up with it parked in the back driveway. A thief will have approx 18 seconds to scram before a stream of surefire light and 5.56mm projectiles are directed at his center mass.