PDA

View Full Version : Texas Motorplex - March 24, 25, & 26th

True Blue Aggie
03-20-2006, 11:14 PM
For all those who are interested, the Texas Motorplex in Ennis has three days of racing this weekend.

Friday night is ATI Fast Friday. Basic test and tune setup, starting at 6:00pm and ending at 11:45pm. With the tempuratures scheduled to be in the 40's that night, this could be the best time to take a shot at your personal best. Typical to get 4-5 passes in on Friday nights.

Saturday is Texas Fastest Street Car Showdown. Since we don't have a truck that runs an 8 sec. 1/4 mile, you could either enter in the index racing (11.5, 12.5, 13.5 indexes) or you could test and tune. Place should be packed (i would assume) to watch the fast street cars, but if you can run close to the index, you could take some people out.

Sunday is the TMCCC event. This is typically a good event to go to and race at. Classes are set up for 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13.0, 14.0, even 15.0 sec cars. This is also one of our larger events to get a good group of TALON folks at. It would be nice to see 6-10 trucks come out for this event, and the weather looks just perfect for the entire day.

Post up and let everyone know what you are interested in. You never know who might also be interested and who will want to meet up.

Michael :nana2

02SVTKID
03-21-2006, 12:44 AM
deffinatly have an interest. ill have to see how my schedual pans out. Lookin like saturday is the day for me though. Well see. Never ran in the quarter should be fun.

G'Lightning
03-21-2006, 08:38 AM
I'll make it out sunday for sure.:nana2 Went out last sun. to kennedale but only got to run T/T. Had some **** go down at home so couldnt stay for the brackets.:hammer: So far there calling for highs in the low 70's...should be nice weather as long as the winds stay down.

PUMP
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
I am planning on being there Sunday. If the wife doesn't pitch to much of a tizzy:throw: , I will also go for Friday night.:nana2

Silver_2000
03-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Can you post a link to the TMCC schedule - A newbies guide so to speak - What to expect on Sunday

L8 APEX
03-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Come get some race fuel I have 4 drums sitting here.

PUMP
03-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Schedule for the 26th:
Gates open 8:00
Time Trials 9:00 to 11:00
Bracket eleminations start as soon as TT is done.
here is link to rules
http://www.tmccc.org/rules.html

wesman
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Come get some race fuel I have 4 drums sitting here.

If we can get some decent tunes on my truck I'd like to make it on Sun.

--wes

True Blue Aggie
03-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, I will be out at the Motorplex tomorrow night.

Weather reports say that the temps should be down in the low 40's by sundown. Ennis at night, with a cold air, and hopefully some traction. I also figure that all the ricer kids will avoid the place because of the cold weather.....

Anyone else interested?

Plus I will be out there Sunday morning too....:nana2

wesman
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Looks like I'm out. My truck is running like sh!t ....hesitation at every level of throttle, especially at WOT.

Maybe I'll be abe to race it in 2007 :rolleyes:

--wes

L8 APEX
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Looks like I'm out. My truck is running like sh!t ....hesitation at every level of throttle, especially at WOT.

Maybe I'll be abe to race it in 2007 :rolleyes:

--wes
Bring it by the shop in the morning and we'll check the plugs. Until we can get the mechanics straight it won't tune out. Bring your pulleys and tool, you can't be running 18lbs in freezing weather on the street!

StormShadow
03-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, I will be out at the Motorplex tomorrow night.

Weather reports say that the temps should be down in the low 40's by sundown. Ennis at night, with a cold air, and hopefully some traction. I also figure that all the ricer kids will avoid the place because of the cold weather.....

Anyone else interested?

Plus I will be out there Sunday morning too....:nana2

You can borrow my front runners if you want. I'm off work tomorrow so just give me a call before you swing by.:cool:

L8 APEX
03-24-2006, 12:27 AM
You can borrow my front runners if you want. I'm off work tomorrow so just give me a call before you swing by.:cool:
Go race that biatch!

True Blue Aggie
03-24-2006, 11:36 AM
you should go and race with me. Get you out of the house for once this month....
Either way, I'll probably stop by your place until the Motorplex opens..

StormShadow
03-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Go race that biatch!

It's too slow right now. Besides today is my only day off in the past two weeks. I'm going to sit on my ass today, then back to work saturday and sunday etc... I'll race it again after we get everything set up on my truck.

wesman
03-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Ok.....stopped by the evil lair and we're squared away now. We were missing an electrode on one of the plugs, she's running much better now with new plugs and new tune.

Just gonna get a race tune and see what we can pull off on Sun.:burnout:

--wes

StormShadow
03-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Had fun last night. Got to see a brand spankin new Z06 run an 11.6 at 120+mph bone stock! The guy pulled into the lanes drove around the waterbox, no burnout, lined up and ripped off an 11.8 on his first pass of the day and backed it up with an 11.6. :eek: :bows Also saw something else that was very cool but I'll let that person elaborate when they see this thread.

wesman
03-25-2006, 11:28 AM
So how'd Michael do ? It sounds like the track was stickin pretty good if ole boy in the Z06 hooked like that. Those are some bad ass machines.:burnout:

--wes

True Blue Aggie
03-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Not bad at all. 12.50, 12.46, 12.51, and a 12.44 for the night. Last run was set up with 2 deg. advanced timing, and all stock fuel levels. It was interesting to change the settings on the XCAL2 and see how it affected the A/F ratios, and e.t.'s.

One funny story....(Adam has video of it too)
Cheap ass Honda Civic goes up to the left lane and does a burnout. Drops sand all in front of the waterbox. Does a dry hop. Drops sand at the line. Takes off from starting line. Leaves more sand on the line. Shifts at 60 ft. Leaves more sand at the 60 ft. mark.....
The dumbass had ran the entire length of the track the previous run and failed to realize that he had to turn left to get off the track. Ran his car through the sand traps at the end of the track (usually meant for 4 second cars and dragsters), then came back for another run.....I really do think there are some complete morons in this world somedays....:hammer:

StormShadow
03-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Wes, I bet the Z didn't get better than a 2.something 60'. He didn't do a burnout or anything. Also sounded like he launched at idle. Put some DR's on there and I'll bet he runs looooow 11's.

02BOLT
03-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey Mike/Adam, ask Jeff-ro(Alpine) about said sandbox sometime, then ask him to blow his horn for you....:D

wesman
03-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Wes, I bet the Z didn't get better than a 2.something 60'. He didn't do a burnout or anything. Also sounded like he launched at idle. Put some DR's on there and I'll bet he runs looooow 11's.

Those things are monsters. Would like to see one with some DR's and a nice launch

--wes

wesman
03-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Not bad at all. 12.50, 12.46, 12.51, and a 12.44 for the night. Last run was set up with 2 deg. advanced timing, and all stock fuel levels. It was interesting to change the settings on the XCAL2 and see how it affected the A/F ratios, and e.t.'s.

One funny story....(Adam has video of it too)
Cheap ass Honda Civic goes up to the left lane and does a burnout. Drops sand all in front of the waterbox. Does a dry hop. Drops sand at the line. Takes off from starting line. Leaves more sand on the line. Shifts at 60 ft. Leaves more sand at the 60 ft. mark.....
The dumbass had ran the entire length of the track the previous run and failed to realize that he had to turn left to get off the track. Ran his car through the sand traps at the end of the track (usually meant for 4 second cars and dragsters), then came back for another run.....I really do think there are some complete morons in this world somedays....:hammer:

Sweet, running good. What were your 60's like ?

Was it really packed? I notice you posted 4 runs, wondering if that was by design or if it was just packed out there.

--wes

True Blue Aggie
03-25-2006, 01:26 PM
4 runs was by design. There really was not a lot of people out there. If I wanted to, I could have made 10-15 passes probably. I was just interested in figuring out the tune and getting back into racing. Sunday is when I will worry about my reaction time. Overall Im just getting ready for FFW Houston....

60's were close to consistent. 1.74, 1.71, 1.77, 1.70.....

PUMP
03-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Talon was well represented at TMCC 3/26/2006. Michael won the ROC. Gary (G'lightning) lost in the final 4 of King Muscle. In the Super muscle, Paul Miller (Cobralight)won and I was elininated (red light) inthe final eight.:banana: :nana2 knana

Congrats to everyone.:tu: