PDA

View Full Version : TX competing with CA for ridiculousness

98Cobra
03-23-2006, 11:30 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060322/us_nm/bars_dc

:Bullshit

tiffo60
03-23-2006, 11:38 AM
i dont bar hop any more, but whats the point of being at one if you not going to get drunk, kinda defeats the purpose in my book. i mean i can understand going to hooter to have a couple of drinks, but going to a bar to just hang out and be sober.:hammer:

Mark #2
03-23-2006, 11:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060322/us_nm/bars_dc

:Bullshit

Maybe they will send undercover cops to dragstrips and start handing out tickets for speeding.:confused:

tiffo60
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Maybe they will send undercover cops to dragstrips and start handing out tickets for speeding.:confused:

:rll: :rll: :rll:

L-Fever
03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I guess you don't need designated drivers anymore, either!

PUMP
03-23-2006, 12:33 PM
I guess you don't need designated drivers anymore, either!
More like "Designated Drunk" so only one person goes to jail.:beer:

L-Fever
03-23-2006, 12:44 PM
More like "Designated Drunk" so only one person goes to jail.:beer:

Yep!:rll:

SILVER2000SVT
03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
I saw this on the news the other day. This is just getting out of hand. I don't see how they can do this without the bar owner's permission.

Of course the establishment always has the right to refuse service to anybody. So if they bar owners really has a problem with this they could just tell the officers to leave if they knew who they were.

If the drunk guy was being obnoxious the bar owner would probably welcome the arrest for the benefit of the other customers. That might be very well what happened and the news is only reporting one side of the story.

Just a thought...Could the owner of the bar invoke a citizens arrest for assalt on the officer trying to make the arrest on the drunk guy?

Tex Arcana
03-23-2006, 03:14 PM
dammit, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Next thing you know, they'll be sending cops into our homes to write tickets for cussing, smoking, and drinking... "Demolition Man", anyone?? :hammer:

99WhiteBeast
03-23-2006, 03:24 PM
I saw this on the news the other day about a bar in Irving. The TABC officer being interviewed said it was to arrest people who where 'a danger to themselves or others'- pretty subjective in my book.

Heck if that's the case wouldn't Rocks be locked up all ready:tongue:

98Cobra
03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
I saw this on the news the other day. This is just getting out of hand. I don't see how they can do this without the bar owner's permission.

Of course the establishment always has the right to refuse service to anybody. So if they bar owners really has a problem with this they could just tell the officers to leave if they knew who they were.

If the drunk guy was being obnoxious the bar owner would probably welcome the arrest for the benefit of the other customers. That might be very well what happened and the news is only reporting one side of the story.

Just a thought...Could the owner of the bar invoke a citizens arrest for assalt on the officer trying to make the arrest on the drunk guy?

The problem is, when you are granted a liquor license from TABC, I am sure you grant them full legal authority to conduct these types of operations.

QDRHRSE
03-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Don't compare this one to Cali! At least out here you can stagger your way out of a bar, puke in front of a cop, and still not be arrested. Heck, you only get a ticket if you get caught with a little herb. You guys need to do something. If you can't get hammered in a bar....

03LightningRocks
03-25-2006, 03:27 PM
SNIP..........I saw this on the news the other day. This is just getting out of hand. I don't see how they can do this without the bar owner's permission. ...........SNIP..

This has been all over the National news shows. Specifically FOX. They are actually arresting the bar tenders for serving drinks to drunk people. They have to make an arrest for public intoxication in order to make the charges stick against the bar tender for serving alcohol to a drunk. In the end what will presumably happen is the bar tendors will start refusing to serve drinks after you order a certain number of drinks...IMHO.

Can you imagine going into a bar and seeing a sign stating that there is a 3 drink limit...holy cripes..talk about some serious Bullsh!t!!!

There have been quite a few times I drank too much when I knew I had a designated driver with me.

03LightningRocks
03-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I just had a thought. The reason the police can go into the club without a warrant or permission is that it is a public place. I wonder what would happen if it was a private club? Here is my thought. You sell memberships to the club. Nobody can come in without a membership. Now it is private and not public. With a membership fee of ten bucks...you get a membership card and a free drink...LOL.

Tex Arcana
03-25-2006, 05:05 PM
This has been all over the National news shows. Specifically FOX. They are actually arresting the bar tenders for serving drinks to drunk people. They have to make an arrest for public intoxication in order to make the charges stick against the bar tender for serving alcohol to a drunk. In the end what will presumably happen is the bar tendors will start refusing to serve drinks after you order a certain number of drinks...IMHO.

Can you imagine going into a bar and seeing a sign stating that there is a 3 drink limit...holy cripes..talk about some serious Bullsh!t!!!

There have been quite a few times I drank too much when I knew I had a designated driver with me.

You mean "Pub-liCK! Intoxication".. that fat-face bureaucrat that's been on the news sounds like he's a teetotalling natterer. :hammer: And these "conservatives" say they're all about "personal freedom"; then they do crap like this?? :Bullshit :Bullshit :Bullshit :Bullshit

Mark #2
03-25-2006, 05:05 PM
I just had a thought. The reason the police can go into the club without a warrant or permission is that it is a public place. I wonder what would happen if it was a private club? Here is my thought. You sell memberships to the club. Nobody can come in without a membership. Now it is private and not public. With a membership fee of ten bucks...you get a membership card and a free drink...LOL.

Most(maybe all?) places in Richardson are private clubs, you have to have a membership to drink there, don't know how that affects anything though.
American Airlines has also started being very mindful of how many drinks people are having on long haul flights recently.

03LightningRocks
03-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Most(maybe all?) places in Richardson are private clubs, you have to have a membership to drink there, don't know how that affects anything though.
American Airlines has also started being very mindful of how many drinks people are having on long haul flights recently.

Technically your correct. They do the same thing in Plano...it's the Unicard system...LOL...I don't ever remember paying for a membership to Unicard...actually...I know I didn't.

I am talking actual....Show your card to enter membership type club. No membership...no entry on the premises.

Tex Arcana
03-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Technically your correct. They do the same thing in Plano...it's the Unicard system...LOL...I don't ever remember paying for a membership to Unicard...actually...I know I didn't.

I am talking actual....Show your card to enter membership type club. No membership...no entry on the premises.

We bought the Unicard Lifetime Platinum membership back in '88 or so, paid $50. Now we just give 'em our DL# to check. :tu:

03LightningRocks
03-25-2006, 06:26 PM
We bought the Unicard Lifetime Platinum membership back in '88 or so, paid $50. Now we just give 'em our DL# to check. :tu:

Wow dude....did they give you a reach around with that? I have never paid sqawat for it. Here is how it works....you say...yeah...I have unicard. They say...what's your DL...give em any fricking number ya want, cause they ain't going to check it anyway...LOL. Most of the time, they don't even ask for it.

By the way... I am selling renewals for the membership you have. 30 bucks...and I take pay pal...:cool: .

Tex Arcana
03-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow dude....did they give you a reach around with that? I have never paid sqawat for it. Here is how it works....you say...yeah...I have unicard. They say...what's your DL...give em any fricking number ya want, cause they ain't going to check it anyway...LOL. Most of the time, they don't even ask for it.

By the way... I am selling renewals for the membership you have. 30 bucks...and I take pay pal...:cool: .

Back then we were pretty big into barhopping, and we were having to pay memberships regularly; that eliminated it for us. And we got a couple of nice cards. :tu:

dboat
03-26-2006, 04:57 AM

Rocks, have to tell you that I have been in a lot states/cities where this is the rule.. esp Utah.
You can go in but have to "join" if you order a drink.. Or you can go in with a friend..
They have them in Erie too.. mostly the Elks clubs here though.
Dana

dboat
03-26-2006, 04:59 AM

I bet we spent near that in our time in Dallas on Unicards... :flaming: